• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Justin Fields

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't a bad scenario to be in bc of the fact:

1. If Chicago does deal Fields to a team (not the Pats), they will take Caleb Williams-no doubt about it.
2. If Chicago does keep Fields and drafts Harrison Jr. Pats still have the option for Maye or Daniels. If they want to keep Mac-they have Nabers, who is a stud.
3. Still a pretty good option. Trade for Fields (give up a 2nd or 3rd rd pick). Chicago takes Caleb, Washington takes Maye. Pats land Harrison Jr.

I think if NE does not trade for Fields, they base their pick strictly on who is there at #3. Not a bad place, they will end up with a top QB or top WR. Could end up with Fields and Harrison Jr.

Yeah if MH jr is gone I'd love Nabers and it still would let the Patriots get a QB, perhaps Daniels and I think they would be in great shape

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2. If Chicago does keep Fields and drafts Harrison Jr. Pats still have the option for Maye or Daniels.
You're assuming that the Commanders would then take Williams?

If that happened, the Patriots wouldn't hesitate u less they got a beast of an offer for #3. NYG,TEN, ATL would all be drooling like rabid dogs to get that pick and would without a doubt be willing to overpay for it. Those are #5,#6,#7. Pats might be able to squeeze a 2025 first round pick out of any of those three along with a minimal drop down. Once they move, then other will come sniffing to see how far they'd be willing to drop to give up that 5,6 or 7. If Nabor is available Chicago might offer #9 and a 2025 first. Patriots will be sitting in the catbird seat and will have to be sharp as a razor once the ball starts rolling.

They must be playing these scenarios out just like us.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're assuming that the Commanders would then take Williams?

If that happened, the Patriots wouldn't hesitate u less they got a beast of an offer for #3. NYG,TEN, ATL would all be drooling like rabid dogs to get that pick and would without a doubt be willing to overpay for it. Those are #5,#6,#7. Pats might be able to squeeze a 2025 first round pick out of any of those three along with a minimal drop down. Once they move, then other will come sniffing to see how far they'd be willing to drop to give up that 5,6 or 7. If Nabor is available Chicago might offer #9 and a 2025 first. Patriots will be sitting in the catbird seat and will have to be sharp as a razor once the ball starts rolling.

They must be playing these scenarios out just like us.
Yeah I am assuming they would take Caleb but a lot COULD change after pro day and combine. This is just based off projections.

After posting those scenarios, I forgot to add in a trade scenario, you mention.

I think with a new HC, Atlanta would be very desperate if one of those QB's falls to #3 and NE is sitting there.

"The Patriots trade down in this mock draft with the Atlanta Falcons, swapping their No. 3 pick with Atlanta’s first-round pick, second-round pick and a 2025 first-round pick."

Honestly, they could probably get a player out of the package too. They can get a Chicago-Carolina type of deal out of that trade.

Full 7-round 2024 NFL mock draft: Blockbuster trade helps Patriots address major needs

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full 7-round 2024 NFL mock draft: Blockbuster trade helps Patriots address major needs
I could live with this draft scenario. I think I'd be more inclined to pick up a late CB rather than a RB in Round 7. If Shaheen Ali is available that late, he'll be available as a FA pick up when the smoke clears.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I am assuming they would take Caleb but a lot COULD change after pro day and combine. This is just based off projections.

After posting those scenarios, I forgot to add in a trade scenario, you mention.

I think with a new HC, Atlanta would be very desperate if one of those QB's falls to #3 and NE is sitting there.

"The Patriots trade down in this mock draft with the Atlanta Falcons, swapping their No. 3 pick with Atlanta’s first-round pick, second-round pick and a 2025 first-round pick."

Honestly, they could probably get a player out of the package too. They can get a Chicago-Carolina type of deal out of that trade.

I could live with this.

However, I may be in the minority thinking we need to go DE in the 2nd. With the return of the injued players this D is stout. You can only have 11 guys out there at one time.

I'd trade that pick and go after one of the top 3 RBs. I got it, RB is no longer a premium pick early. But that little fire plug from Michigan could be just what NE needs if the rest of the draft goes the way it's predicted here. Plus whatever FA signings they come up with. The kid is like 5'-8" and 220 lbs. Runs angry and is shifty. Didn't have a lot of targets out of the backfield but can catch. The knock on him was he had knee surgery a couple years ago or would've gone as a high pick last year.
I for one am worried about Stevenson's return. EE probably not coming back and Harris is not the issue. Why not get a young fresh talent at RB who can get those hard yards and give a spell to Stevenson if he returns healthy. This could help whatever QB is starting for NE next season.

Oh and yes get a kicker please.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would not surprise me if Poles trades Fields and trades the #1 pick.

Seems like Poles would rather make a splash using the value rather than the presumed potential. Plus there are 12 GM's with under 2 years on the job who are most-likely looking to make a splash.
:2cents: