• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Justin Fields

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it seems like all the beat writers and national writers are saying that Justin Fields is the "right fit" and the Patriots should target him in a trade....

Now do I think Mac is the answer, absolutely NOT but I would like to actually see what he can do with decent receivers an an OL that actually could block for more than 1 second..

So, should the Patriots trade for Fields? Or stick at 3 and try to get MH Jr (IF he is still there) and target a QB in the later rounds? Or should they trade for Fields now?

@sonnyblack65
@PatsFan2003
@PatsRule12
@BigKen

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Fields will be rumored to every team that doesn't have a lock cinch QB for the next few weeks....Your turn jabronis.

Doubtful NE would do this...They'll just draft a QB if they want one.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Fields will be rumored to every team that doesn't have a lock cinch QB for the next few weeks....Your turn jabronis.

Doubtful NE would do this...They'll just draft a QB if they want one.

Yes this is true..

To be honest I really think the Bears should keep him and get MH jr... Now obviously I want MH jr on the Patriots but that probably won't happen either.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since everything will be hypothetical............................

First, Mac Jones failed miserably under pressure because he has no legs. Fields has legs and knows how they work.

Second, there will be a massive change in the Patriots' OL in 2024.

Third, the Patriots will at least, add a couple of WRs to what they have.

Fourth, both QBs had to suffer through multiple coaching changes and Fields adjusted better by the end of his third season.

I'd easily trade a third round pick for Fields and pick up the fifth year option. If he doesn't work out, it gives the Patriots two years to build the OL and and WRs and draft a QB in 2026 or sign a veteran FA.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd easily trade a third round pick for Fields and pick up the fifth year option. If he doesn't work out, it gives the Patriots two years to build the OL and and WRs and draft a QB in 2026 or sign a veteran FA.

Do you think the Bears would even consider taking a 3rd rounder for him?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it seems like all the beat writers and national writers are saying that Justin Fields is the "right fit" and the Patriots should target him in a trade....

Now do I think Mac is the answer, absolutely NOT but I would like to actually see what he can do with decent receivers an an OL that actually could block for more than 1 second..

So, should the Patriots trade for Fields? Or stick at 3 and try to get MH Jr (IF he is still there) and target a QB in the later rounds? Or should they trade for Fields now?

@sonnyblack65
@PatsFan2003
@PatsRule12
@BigKen
As I said in another thread, Fields sucked for two years, had a decent half season and all of a sudden he's the answer? I don't buy it. Also expect every decent player to be linked to the Pats because of our cap space.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said in another thread, Fields sucked for two years, had a decent half season and all of a sudden he's the answer? I don't buy it. Also expect every decent player to be linked to the Pats because of our cap space.

and let's face it, it's a Boston thing... All beat writers are A-holes to begin with

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@sonnyblack65
@PatsFan2003
@PatsRule12
@BigKen
Doesn't matter what gun you have when provided with blanks or BB's, you will not succeed and that's what BB did. Shitty 0 line and worst rag tag of receivers. Think Mac had potential but Patricia and Judge ruined the kid. What starter gets pulled in like 6 games and especially in last 2 min when its only a 1 score game, once a QB's confidence is ruined it's all over. Like the old saying, when you have 2 QB's, you have none. Fields will not fair any better than Cam did and who know's who the OC will be and what kind of offense they will run, I rather grab the kid from LSU

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm torn, a known or roll the dice.
(flips quarter)
Go for new blood and see what they can get for Mac. I'm thinking a bag of balls

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(flips quarter)
I think we need to look at the whole situation. If we decide to retain Mac this will be his 4th OC in 4 years and 4 years with no WR corps, that's a fucked up situation. In fact if I am Mac I would embrace the trade, this organization has been run poorly the last 5 years and that starts at the top with RK, JK and BB. And again Fileds sucked for 2.5 years.

I would rather retain Mac, Keep the 3rd, draft a QB in round 1 allowing for the 5th year option.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@sonnyblack65
@PatsFan2003
@PatsRule12
@BigKen
If they decide to pick something other than a QB with their 3rd round pick they might. Marvin Harrison Jr is often cited as a game changing WR.

I would go for a top rated QB myself.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(flips quarter)
Worn practice balls.
Previously deflated, of course.

Hot Sauce Dancing GIF by Madonna

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they decide to pick something other than a QB with their 3rd round pick they might. Marvin Harrison Jr is often cited as a game changing WR.

I would go for a top rated QB myself.

Though I am still wondering IF the Bears will stick with Fields and pick Marvin Harrison Jr so the Pats could be shit out of luck

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though I am still wondering IF the Bears will stick with Fields and pick Marvin Harrison Jr so the Pats could be shit out of luck
That would be the deal. Stick with Fields, draft Nabers or MHJ then a LT or position of greatest need at 9

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might as well just draft Jayden Daniels. That way you get 5 years control before handing out a qb contract.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be the deal. Stick with Fields, draft Nabers or MHJ then a LT or position of greatest need at 9

Yeah then the Bears would be good.. I am under that impression that they should stick with Fields and grab one of those two. With that said I also see them getting a huge Haul for the # 1 pick this year. Just hope the Patriots don't do it and draft Williams

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't a bad scenario to be in bc of the fact:

1. If Chicago does deal Fields to a team (not the Pats), they will take Caleb Williams-no doubt about it.
2. If Chicago does keep Fields and drafts Harrison Jr. Pats still have the option for Maye or Daniels. If they want to keep Mac-they have Nabers, who is a stud.
3. Still a pretty good option. Trade for Fields (give up a 2nd or 3rd rd pick). Chicago takes Caleb, Washington takes Maye. Pats land Harrison Jr.

I think if NE does not trade for Fields, they base their pick strictly on who is there at #3. Not a bad place, they will end up with a top QB or top WR. Could end up with Fields and Harrison Jr.