• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trades!

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wouldnt trade any picks for fields , what i would consider is moving allen for him in a straight up deal for him

as for the # 2 pick overall i think you have to measure what qb you want and when to get him . do you roll the dice trade down 2,3,,4 spots , pick up some capitol and draft say a penix at a more palatable spot ?

or do you sit tight and pick your guy at #2 overall ? i certainly rule out trading up

do you believe the top 5 guys are "the guys " at qb . i think 5 qbs go off the board in the top 12 picks

this is a deep draft at wr and o/line (OT's) so round 2 you could get either one or both same scenario in round 3

also FA looks to be a good class on the defensive side of the ball and you will need to sign a vet BU qb .

you dont want a qb room with just Sam and the rookie , so JB would be a guy i want around

and since you are saying Sam isnt the answer then i trade him . he will have a nice career as a BU ,
I agree with ya for the most part .dad. Do you roll the dice and get lucky like Dallas has 2 times aka Romo UDFA & Dak in the 4th after doing everything they could to not draft him he fell in the Cowboys lap. Like love or hate those the draft capital spent was next to nothing. Or maybe u get lucky like SF has Or KC for that matter.
The smart play IMO is you just draft the guy you think is the best player and move along. They could get lucky and cute and move down some and still get the guy they like the most with a xtra pick or they could lose him and try to not let it leak who they really wanted.
Of the guys available I like Penix the most followed by Daniel’s then Williams. Williams checks all the box’s except attitude and heart but as I am reminded every year after the draft It’s a guessing game on QB’s and even the so called experts are still just guessing with opinions and facts that 80% of the time are wrong.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with ya for the most part .dad. Do you roll the dice and get lucky like Dallas has 2 times aka Romo UDFA & Dak in the 4th after doing everything they could to not draft him he fell in the Cowboys lap. Like love or hate those the draft capital spent was next to nothing. Or maybe u get lucky like SF has Or KC for that matter.
The smart play IMO is you just draft the guy you think is the best player and move along. They could get lucky and cute and move down some and still get the guy they like the most with a xtra pick or they could lose him and try to not let it leak who they really wanted.
Of the guys available I like Penix the most followed by Daniel’s then Williams. Williams checks all the box’s except attitude and heart but as I am reminded every year after the draft It’s a guessing game on QB’s and even the so called experts are still just guessing with opinions and facts that 80% of the time are wrong.
I say stay put and pick the guys at number 2

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF we can get Fields for the #100 pick in the 3rd round I would do it. He has upside and it will allow us to keep that #2 overall pick in the draft to get a stud LT or use that pick to trade down and acquire more picks to fill holes. Yes he has more bad tape than good, but he is worth the #100 overall pick.

Well sure he is worth the 100th pick in the draft. That does not change the thought that he is inconsistent and you just can't win with a QB like that, just look at the Bears record these last 3 years. How much upside will a 4 year vet offer anyway? As I said at this point we know who Justin Fields is.

A LT at 2 or 3 would be terrible value, there is no Trent Williams in this draft. How many games did Washington win with Trent Williams, Scherff and Moses on the OL? Not too many because you don't win with an OL and an average QB, you need a good QB.

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No
Well sure he is worth the 100th pick in the draft. That does not change the thought that he is inconsistent and you just can't win with a QB like that, just look at the Bears record these last 3 years. How much upside will a 4 year vet offer anyway? As I said at this point we know who Justin Fields is.

A LT at 2 or 3 would be terrible value, there is no Trent Williams in this draft. How many games did Washington win with Trent Williams, Scherff and Moses on the OL? Not too many because you don't win with an OL and an average QB, you need a good QB.
not true , purdy , hurts , Goff or Dak is going to a Super Bowl this yr . Last yr Hurts was in it

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The 2 OT's are ranked very high. How are they terrible value? Fields weapons weren't great in those 3 years.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2 OT's are ranked very high. How are they terrible value? Fields weapons weren't great in those 3 years.
You're drafting them too high at pick #2! Reaching for a LT at pick #2 is no different than reaching for any other position at that spot. This is what you'd expect from an offensive lineman drafted that high. (Actually better than any of these guys) Note that none were ever drafted with the second overall pick and ONLY Hannah (4th) and Munoz (3rd) came close.

Best 15 Offensive Linemen of All Time - Pro-Football …

Now if there's a guy in this draft that comes close to being better than either of these guys or any on the list, please identify him!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... And the coaching was worse!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So lets do a history lesson ..... Chris Samuels 1st round pick 3, Trent Williams 1st round pick 4. They LOCKED down the LT spot for 20 years. Anyone that tells you that is too high to pick a LT has no clue what they are talking about.

What happens is once you get up to the 2nd, 3rd or 4th pick overall it isn't as "shiny" as that guy someone projects at QB. How did Griffin do at 1st round 2nd pick and costing you a boat load of picks to get there?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So lets do a history lesson ..... Chris Samuels 1st round pick 3, Trent Williams 1st round pick 4. They LOCKED down the LT spot for 20 years. Anyone that tells you that is too high to pick a LT has no clue what they are talking about.

What happens is once you get up to the 2nd, 3rd or 4th pick overall it isn't as "shiny" as that guy someone projects at QB. How did Griffin do at 1st round 2nd pick and costing you a boat load of picks to get there?

Exactly, tell that to Sty.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're drafting them too high at pick #2! Reaching for a LT at pick #2 is no different than reaching for any other position at that spot. This is what you'd expect from an offensive lineman drafted that high. (Actually better than any of these guys) Note that none were ever drafted with the second overall pick and ONLY Hannah (4th) and Munoz (3rd) came close.

Now if there's a guy in this draft that comes close to being better than either of these guys or any on the list, please identify him!

wrong.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No

not true , purdy , hurts , Goff or Dak is going to a Super Bowl this yr . Last yr Hurts was in it
The only QB on your list that can be described as "average" is Goff, all the others are obviously franchise QBs. We'll see how far the Lions go in January.

Last edited:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because none of these OT prospect warrant the third pick in the draft. Particularly this draft which is considered a really good QB draft, which means the 3rd pick holds a lot more value than Joe Alt.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only QB on your list that can be described as "average" is Goff, all the others are obviously franchise QBs. We'll see how far the Lions go in January.

Is Goff average?

Goff took the Rams to the SB, a team that had not been very good since the “Greatest show on Tuef.” He now has the Lions in a SB discussion, a place they have never been. Goff is number three in yards, 4 in TDs. He is doing this with a much weaker cast than SF, PHI, or Dallas.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because none of these OT prospect warrant the third pick in the draft. Particularly this draft which is considered a really good QB draft, which means the 3rd pick holds a lot more value than Joe Alt.

i disagree. Oly and Alt are top prospects.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Goff average?

Goff took the Rams to the SB, a team that had not been very good since the “Greatest show on Tuef.” He now has the Lions in a SB discussion, a place they have never been. Goff is number three in yards, 4 in TDs. He is doing this with a much weaker cast than SF, PHI, or Dallas.

Goff plays well indoors, not so much outdoors. He is really good when things are great around him, when it's not he struggles. There is a reason the Rams went in a different direction, the same reason contending teams pulled away from Alex Smith and Jimmy G. You need a better QB to actually win the Super Bowl and contend year to year.

Even though I'm rooting for the Lions big time for their fans I see that trend continuing in the playoffs.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great list but I heartily disagree with Mike Webster being a wild card selection that guy was money year In year out. I also disagree that Larry Allen is not on the list he could play any position on the line and in an emergency Center if desperately needed.
But yall need QB and unless your given a kings random to move down a couple spots you pick the best QB you like and move along and don’t look back. Washington gave up 2 much for RG3 back in the day and then mismanaged his abilities and his injury which took him out way before it should have.
Hopefully the new staff will carefully pick the future QB and move forward.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well your standard for franchise qbs is low

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. Drafting a LT at 2 is too high.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Drafting a LT at 2 is too high.
in this draft i would say yes . it a deep draft for OT's and IOL's . right now we arent settled at qb and i doubt anything Sam does vs dallas will change the fans perception about him or the FO

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in this draft i would say yes . it a deep draft for OT's and IOL's . right now we arent settled at qb and i doubt anything Sam does vs dallas will change the fans perception about him or the FO
Yeah, but the fans aren’t making this decision. Knowledgeable professionals with the experience to set a plan and execute are. Our owner also clearly believes in analytics. They may decide that playing behind this line and for these coaches was an incomplete evaluation of Sam. The riskier course might be to draft a QB at 2. We all saw Sam at his best and at his worst. Can a competent coach get more of his best?

maybe we trade back a few slots and pick up a second and 4th. With that second, we take A QB. New England looks like they want a QB..….