• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Where will Irving end up next season?

Where will Irving end up next season?

• The Suns

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • The Clippers

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • The Knicks

• Other

• IDC

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • NBA style potato salad

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Salaries wouldn't match....

Irving isn't signing for what those 2 combine to make.
Irving may have to choose between one year offers.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irving may have to choose between one year offers.

You drastically overestimate the competence of the NBA ownership group as a whole.

All it takes is 1 team willing to offer a multi year deal and he can take it or leverage it.

Someone will pay Kyrie.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You drastically overestimate the competence of the NBA ownership group as a whole.

All it takes is 1 team willing to offer a multi year deal and he can take it or leverage it.

Someone will pay Kyrie.
I said may, I don’t think he will have a lot of choices

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might regret replying to this, but...

No, the Celtics' 60's titles shouldn't be that relevant in the grand scheme of things for this generation. The only reason it is relevant is due to the overwhelming need of Lakers' fans to validate themselves with the "most titles".

This is because you're incredibly stupid, shortsighted and unable to see past your own narratives which are always skewed by your dislike of certain teams and their fanbases.

I am a Lakers fan because of when I saw Wilt, the Logo and Gail Goodrich vs. the Suns in the first NBA game I ever attended live.

Also, even titles that a fan wasn't around to see are important because they are a part of that teams history.

You would understand this if you were a fan of a team that actually had any history.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,646.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Someone will pay Kyrie.
Yep.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Someone will pay Kyrie.

I'm not so sure.

I think things can reach a point where teams become less willing to pay a guy who has proven himself to be a distraction and/or unreliable.

I agree that someone will pay Kyrie, but I doubt it will be for the max deal that his talent is worth and if it's for than a season or 2, it's likely to be incentive laden.

This isn't taking a chance on a guy with an injury history. This is a guy who has a history of choosing not to play and of being a bit of a locker room problem.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure.

I think things can reach a point where teams become less willing to pay a guy who has proven himself to be a distraction and/or unreliable.

I agree that someone will pay Kyrie, but I doubt it will be for the max deal that his talent is worth and if it's for than a season or 2, it's likely to be incentive laden.

This isn't taking a chance on a guy with an injury history. This is a guy who has a history of choosing not to play and of being a bit of a locker room problem.
For example Cousins, Boogie

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For example Cousins, Boogie

That isn’t a great example though.

Because injuries significantly hampered his production on top of everything else.

Kyrie is in his prime years.

I would like to think you guys are right and that he won’t get a bag this summer.

But I think he still will.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because injuries significantly hampered his production on top of everything else.

I would like to think you guys are right and that he won’t get a bag this summer.

He will get something, he won't be blackballed like Cousins. But it won't be as much as a non-problem player would get

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will get something, he won't be blackballed like Cousins. But it won't be as much as a non-problem player would get

I really hope you are right!

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,646.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except...Irving is still a great player
Which is why he will get a contract instead of being completely ignored like Cousins. It just won't be as big, for the same reasons Cousins doesn't get one at all.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah. As @tlance points out, he's still in his prime, so someone will pay him something. I'd say that what he gets will be based on the number of years the contract is for.

The more years, the lower the per year amount.

The guy is on his 3rd team since he left Cleveland and he has arguably made each team worse in some way, so teams are going to want to know they can move on quickly from him.

People saw how much trouble the Lakers had moving on from Westbrook and won't want to fall into essentially the same trap.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. As @tlance points out, he's still in his prime, so someone will pay him something. I'd say that what he gets will be based on the number of years the contract is for.

The more years, the lower the per year amount.

The guy is on his 3rd team since he left Cleveland and he has arguably made each team worse in some way, so teams are going to want to know they can move on quickly from him.

People saw how much trouble the Lakers had moving on from Westbrook and won't want to fall into essentially the same trap.
Maybe 2 years with team options for 2 more, who knows

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is because you're incredibly stupid, shortsighted and unable to see past your own narratives which are always skewed by your dislike of certain teams and their fanbases.

I am a Lakers fan because of when I saw Wilt, the Logo and Gail Goodrich vs. the Suns in the first NBA game I ever attended live.

Also, even titles that a fan wasn't around to see are important because they are a part of that teams history.

You would understand this if you were a fan of a team that actually had any history.
If the Nuggets win a title in the Jokic era, great. If not, I don't need it to validate myself as a fan.

You see, there it is. That's the difference between myself and Lakers fans...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Nuggets win a title in the Jokic era, great. If not, I don't need it to validate myself as a fan.

You see, there it is. That's the difference between myself and Lakers fans...

This is more of why you are incredibly stupid and only able to see beyond your own narrative.

The Lakers winning titles isn't any validation of the fan base. It's the fan base having high standards and the organization responding.

So, the difference between you and Lakers fans is that Lakers fans expect the organization they support to do whatever they can to compete for titles.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is more of why you are incredibly stupid and only able to see beyond your own narrative.

The Lakers winning titles isn't any validation of the fan base. It's the fan base having high standards and the organization responding.

So, the difference between you and Lakers fans is that Lakers fans expect the organization they support to do whatever they can to compete for titles.
When the tired narrative exists that LeBron is a "one-man dynasty", of course titles are the expectation and in turn it becomes validation.

The reality is that there's no such thing as a one-man dynasty and 29 out of 30 teams don't have that luxury anyway, therefore validation through titles is a no-win path.