• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

When Michael Sam the gay player from Missouri is not drafted what will the excuses be?

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus man, you just don't get it do you? :L (your favorite smiley right)

There are plenty of gay players who up until now stayed as hidden as they could. And it appears you believe they should all stay that way forever. If they are in fact gay they MUST stay fully hidden to make you more comfortable.

This player wasn't particularly good at hiding it as he is quite obviously gay if you simply see his mannerisms. It was something that lots of people knew about and it was already getting around the NFL scouts and GM's. He was told it was going to hit the media and he decided if he was going to be outed he might as well have it be his own words that does it.

What part of this are you just not grasping?

Yes, many gay players have existed in the past. No, he couldn't have been just like they were. He was going to be outed. Had he said nothing it would have been a story anyway.

I mean is it really necessary to bitch and moan about it for page after page? So fucking what. He's gay and you had to not only hear about it, but saw him in a gay moment after he got drafted. It's not the end of the world. Grow up and deal with it.

:L:L:L:L:L Might as well use them up.

Ok, let's take this nice and slow so I can clear up all of your nonsense.

Observe the bolded part of what you said. Where exactly did I imply that their homosexuality makes me uncomfortable or that I would be more comfortable if they stayed hidden?

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn white guys always taking all the good black guys

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
By the way, look how stupid the premise of this thread is. If Sam doesn't get drafted it's because of some "excuse" implying he's without a doubt good enough to be drafted; and if he isn't it's 'cause of some conspiracy due to him being a homo'.

There was no conspiracy against the guy. The Rams drafted him. And everyone knows that he's such an incredible athlete because he's as good as Demetrius Rhaney, Center from Tennessee State (one pick after him to the Rams). And if you're as good a prospect as Demetrius f'ing Rhaney, it would HAVE to be a conspiracy to keep you out of the promised land. And since he was so clearly this must-draft phoenom, then C.B. Bryant DB Ohio State must be the next Deion Sanders.

Your preemptive strike to set yourself up to bitch about a conspiracy was lame. It's like saying, "The only way the Packers lose tomorrow is if the ref's screw 'em. They're just that good." Sam more than likely won't even make the 53-man roster.

Some people want so desperately for this guy to be a victim it's embarrassing.

Last edited by a moderator:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn white guys always taking all the good black guys

Good thing it was someone like Sam and not Clowney, he would have tore that boy to pieces. Jungle love

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams get a pretty good value pick there, but they get the circus that comes with it. Already today on ESPN there has been more talk about Sam than Clowney.

And for the record I thought the first boyfriend kiss was fine, but the 7 or 8 that followed it were inappropriate. I'd tell a straight couple to get a room for doing the same.

And yes, now we know Big Mike's a top.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prediction:

Sam is on the Rams until the very last cut down to 53 & then the team has glowing opinions of him but says he didn't quite make it & absolutely thinks he'll make it with another team (but he probably won't). We'll see...

Oh, he makes the final roster unless he's hopeless as a special teamer. They're already creating the rainbow seating section in the stadium (in the end zone, of course) and have ordered thousands of rainbow themed Rams clothing items. This is going to be a nice financial windfall for Kronke.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he was drafted, so I guess the OP was wrong again.

Hope he makes the cut and turns into a good player. Seems to have the desire and work ethic to make it.

BOB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok this is getting out of hand. Now we got Espn people calling 30 teams bigots because Sam didn't get picked higher then 7th round. I'm refering to Steven A Smith. He basicly accused 30 teams of being bigots.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gets the pass?:scratch:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Ok this is getting out of hand. Now we got Espn people calling 30 teams bigots because Sam didn't get picked higher then 7th round. I'm refering to Steven A Smith. He basicly accused 30 teams of being bigots.

That's a new level of dumbass for Steve A. Wouldn't that make 32 teams bigots you dork?

Anything for ratings / attention I guess.

BOB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because targeting the 2-3% of the population makes better business sense than targeting the 97-98%. Seems like a fair question.

I'm way behind in this thread. Certainly someone has pointed out by now that homophobe <> heterosexual.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's do a little test in this thread to see who would like to see him make the team and excel, as opposed to who wants to see him fail and get cut.....

As a heterosexual male and a football fan, I choose the former just on basic principle and it has nothing to do w/ his sexual preference, or whatever "PC" nonsense ignorant people are inevitably going to claim.

I want to see him make the team only because it would make for a more interesting story. All of the coverage and different subplots should make for good entertainment. I don't care if he excels. In fact I've done a bit of a 180* on the whole thing. At first I thought good for him and it was very courageous and all of that. But , and I haven't seen the kiss & cake thing.... I don't watch 7th round(or any round) draft coverage nor much of the ESPN talking heads ftm... but he seems to just be milking it for all of the publicity it's worth. So still "good for him" but somewhat less "he's so courageous", etc.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how many that are so adamant that he won't make the cut have actually watched him play? I haven't, I have no idea how good he is. I just find it odd that a defensive player of the year in a strong conference such as the SEC would really suck at football. They seem to have a history of giving that award to good defensive players that have success in the NFL

I put the list up once, but all anyone wanted to do was talk about some other stuff.

David Pollack 1st rounder
DeMeco Ryans 2nd round
Patrick Willis 1st round
Glenn Dorsey- 1st round
Eric Berry- 1st round
Rolando McClain-1st round
Patrick Peterson-1st round
Morris Claiborne-1st round
Jarvis Jones-1st round
Michael Sam- 249th selection

I'd say that's a pretty decent list of NFL defenders, most selected in the top 10 of the draft. They have a history of giving the award to good defensive players, but this time he just sucks right?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how many that are so adamant that he won't make the cut have actually watched him play? I haven't, I have no idea how good he is. I just find it odd that a defensive player of the year in a strong conference such as the SEC would really suck at football. They seem to have a history of giving that award to good defensive players that have success in the NFL

I put the list up once, but all anyone wanted to do was talk about some other stuff.

David Pollack 1st rounder
DeMeco Ryans 2nd round
Patrick Willis 1st round
Glenn Dorsey- 1st round
Eric Berry- 1st round
Rolando McClain-1st round
Patrick Peterson-1st round
Morris Claiborne-1st round
Jarvis Jones-1st round
Michael Sam- 249th selection

I'd say that's a pretty decent list of NFL defenders, most selected in the top 10 of the draft. They have a history of giving the award to good defensive players, but this time he just sucks right?

How many of the guys you listed bombed their combine workouts like Sam did?

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true. This could date back to the beginning of the League.

I'm sure it does. It definitely goes back to the late 60s when the Skins had 3 gay players for awhile.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to get much worse. Just wait until ESPN has a report from Rams training camp every day about how his teammates are coping with the situation.

In between their reports every 5 minutes about Manziel. However - if Tiger is in comeback mode at that time they will scale this back to every 10 minutes.

ESPN is a complete joke at this time - their draft coverage was horrible.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a player doesn't announce his heterosexuality, we don't assume that he's ashamed of it. Why would that be different for a gay player?

I think Sam could have handled this differently. You're gay. Cool. Doesn't mean it's necessary to flamboyantly parade it around like he's an equality hero in the NFL. That's why I think he's an attention whore.

The first openly gay fireman doesn't need to let the world know that he's gay. The first openly gay lawyer doesn't need to let the world know that he's gay. It's completely irrelevant because it has nothing to do with how they get their job accomplished and it would just be drawing unnecessary attention to themselves.

You can't be this naive.