• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

When Michael Sam the gay player from Missouri is not drafted what will the excuses be?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there were 256 players drafted but if you watch ESPN or the NFL network you wouldn't know it.all they want to talk about is one player who was taken in the 7th round. what a bunch of BS

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are acting like Sam is somehow at fault for making this a story. Sure, he came out, and he's capitalizing on the press. But if it wasn't a story independent of that, the media wouldn't be following it. Can anyone name the last 7th rounder who was openly gay?

The fact that there is a nearly 400-post thread primarily focused on Sam celebrating the fact that he was drafted in the manner that, oh, 80% of other draft picks do clearly demonstrates that he is not a run-of-the-mill prospect.

I must say, I find it kind of amusing that so many people in this thread are in an uproar that the media is giving this so much attention. Newsflash, fellas: they're catering to you just as much as they are to the progressives.

More. The polarization is what's keeping the story relevant.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big benefit to all this SportsHoopla that everyone is overlooking is that we have not heard jack squat about Johnny Foozeball in days.

Just need another Bruin to spit some water at Suban again maybe the Sam story will go away too and we can all go back to our lives and get back to real sports.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/I]

Oh, no. The semi-literate selective Bible literalists rise from the pigsty again. Go tell me about Leviticus 19:27(no cutting the hair on your temples or shaving), 20:9(no cursing your mother or father), 19:19 (no cotton-poly blend clothing), 20:18 (no banging a woman who is menstruating - may not be a problem for Bamabino unless his left hand menstruates). $20 says you violate or have violated these clear and rigid laws, all of which carry the death penalty in the Bible, on a regular basis.

I never cease to be amazed at the massive number of third-grade-dropout Bible thumpers who are ready to come tell us all about the iron-clad Word of God. Well, except the parts where God was Just Kidding, which anyone whose daddy married his sister going back 6 generations or more can easily distinguish.

If God hates gays so much, Thumpers, why does Jesus, speaking directly from heaven as it were, have nothing to say on the matter?

image.jpg

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His "courageous path" to the NFL will be a new Oprah documentary. :L

Last edited by a moderator:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh.

He won't make it. If he gets a pay day IDK that I blame him, though it makes his "focus on football" shit shit.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this isnt proof enough that this dude is nothing more than attention whore, then idk what is.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh.

He won't make it. If he gets a pay day IDK that I blame him, though it makes his "focus on football" shit shit.

Figure maybe half to one-third of late 7th-round picks actually make the roster (not the practice squad, the roster) in their first year in the NFL. Sam would appear to have a pretty good shot of earning a slot since his ability is probably more 5th-round than late 7th - maybe 75% chance on ability as long as he can play a bit of special teams.

I actually think that with how grasping a prick Stan Kronke is, he'll force Fisher to keep Sam just to sell extra tickets and jerseys (which he will). it'll distract the team and I think that the idiotic amount of media coverage will mean Sam is more hindrance than help in 2014, but he'll make it.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured.....he would have been San Fransico's top pick.

:drum:

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but the other's do not deny it like Sam claims.

LOL...of course there are many of them that deny it.

Here's Johnny Football claiming that he doesn't crave the attention that he's not "focused" on it.

"The Heisman attention has definitely been a little bit of a surprise. It's been out of my hands. It's something I'm not focused on. I'm focused on the season and trying to win as many games as possible."

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figure maybe half to one-third of late 7th-round picks actually make the roster (not the practice squad, the roster) in their first year in the NFL. Sam would appear to have a pretty good shot of earning a slot since his ability is probably more 5th-round than late 7th - maybe 75% chance on ability as long as he can play a bit of special teams.

I actually think that with how grasping a prick Stan Kronke is, he'll force Fisher to keep Sam just to sell extra tickets and jerseys (which he will). it'll distract the team and I think that the idiotic amount of media coverage will mean Sam is more hindrance than help in 2014, but he'll make it.

LOL he was picked in the last round by a team with 11 picks and already too many good defensive ends. He wont make the team at all. The NFL told the Rams to pick him to avoid looking like gay haters or some such crap but he had a lousy combine and wasn't a 5th round pick by any stretch of the imagination. He's a charity media pick and nothing more

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew something was up with that over the top cake kiss. He just wants exposure.. If I'm a gay person I'd be ashamed of him.. Guy has set them back for sure..

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL he was picked in the last round by a team with 11 picks and already too many good defensive ends. He wont make the team at all. The NFL told the Rams to pick him to avoid looking like gay haters or some such crap but he had a lousy combine and wasn't a 5th round pick by any stretch of the imagination. He's a charity media pick and nothing more

I think this is pretty flawed thinking. If planning on cutting him all along, don't draft him at all - then you're just one of 32 bigoted teams. cut him and you're the specific target rejecting him and the gay community. Which in St. Louis should cost the owner at least 10 season tickets.

No, keep him and Rams jersey sales will literally double. Maybe triple considering how much they're disliked in town with their asshole of an owner. this is an easy financial move even if it's not a good football decision.