• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

When Michael Sam the gay player from Missouri is not drafted what will the excuses be?

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure it does. It definitely goes back to the late 60s when the Skins had 3 gay players for awhile.

Redskin fans are racist drag queens, let's not use them as an example for anything.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many of the guys you listed bombed their combine workouts like Sam did?

I don't know, how many people that have bombed combine workouts still blew people up in the NFL? My point is, so many are so sure he sucks (possibly just wishful thinking on their part) though they've never seen him play and say his combine numbers sucked. Yet a committee that has a history of giving an award to players that have success at the next level for 10 years running just really screwed up this year right?

Maybe they did, but i'm going to go with my gut and guess he has enough in the tank to make an NFL roster, or at least he showed those that matter he did.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I put the list up once, but all anyone wanted to do was talk about some other stuff.

David Pollack 1st rounder
DeMeco Ryans 2nd round
Patrick Willis 1st round
Glenn Dorsey- 1st round
Eric Berry- 1st round
Rolando McClain-1st round
Patrick Peterson-1st round
Morris Claiborne-1st round
Jarvis Jones-1st round
Michael Sam- 249th selection

Michael Sam is as talented as Patrick Willis. The list says so.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Sam is as talented as Patrick Willis. The list says so.

It doesn't surprise me that this is the conclusion your two cells rubbing together came up with, but no, that wasn't the point.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most likely scenario for Sam is that he is going to have one or two big games in the preseason, get cut, and then get signed by a team that actually needs a pass rusher like Dallas

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm sure you'll get over it

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, how many people that have bombed combine workouts still blew people up in the NFL? My point is, so many are so sure he sucks (possibly just wishful thinking on their part) though they've never seen him play and say his combine numbers sucked. Yet a committee that has a history of giving an award to players that have success at the next level for 10 years running just really screwed up this year right?

Maybe they did, but i'm going to go with my gut and guess he has enough in the tank to make an NFL roster, or at least he showed those that matter he did.

The goal of that award isn't to predict success. It's to recognize accomplishment.

Before he was known to be gay, the highest projections were late third round, and many had him extremely late or undrafted. Being successful in college is not a sure fire sign you will be a success in the pros or that you should be drafted high. He was never talented enough to need to watch the draft before the third day.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The goal of that award isn't to predict success. It's to recognize accomplishment.

Before he was known to be gay, the highest projections were late third round, and many had him extremely late or undrafted. Being successful in college is not a sure fire sign you will be a success in the pros or that you should be drafted high. He was never talented enough to need to watch the draft before the third day.

I know it's to recognize accomplishment. I'm not claiming it's given to predict success. I'm well aware of college standouts not making it in the NFL. Again, I just find it odd that people who most likely have never watched this guy play a game in their lives are so sure he sucks. I have never watched him either, I have no idea how good he is.

I just find it odd that with the history of the award, the competitiveness of the conference, the level of play faced and the success he had to warrant that award, that after a decade of picking players with success at the next level, this is the year they pick one that is a terrible football player. and I'd bet there were a lot more projections in the 3rd than undrafted.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the point?

if it needs to be explained to you again, i'm not sure there's much chance of you being able to understand. Don't want to burn those 2 cells out on this topic, you'll need them for something more important in life.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They picked a terrible football player named Tim Tebow, too, and everyone knew it then.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
if it needs to be explained to you again, i'm not sure there's much chance of you being able to understand. Don't want to burn those 2 cells out on this topic, you'll need them for something more important in life.

Translation:

I want to imply Sam is great, because he won a college award, by posting that list, but I don't actually want to be held accountable for actually saying so because I know it's ludicrous.

...And I really like to go to that incredibly deep 2-brain-cell well.

A lot of experts on Missouri football have popped up this offseason all of a sudden. Weird phenomenon.

Last edited by a moderator:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lmao, look at the badass. Can you explain why you're obsessed with Michael Sam or do I need to guess?

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They picked a terrible football player named Tim Tebow, too, and everyone knew it then.

and if we were talking Heisman's and college running qb's I'd say you had a pretty good point. But again, we're not.

I guess in the past 10 years have they or have they not given defensive player of the year awards in the SEC to players that have been productive, unless cut short by injury, in the NFL? it's just a yes or no. I'd say it' a pretty easy yes for me at least. What's your answer?

2nd, do YOU believe this is the year they got it so wrong, they gave it to a guy that has no business in the NFL?

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation:

I want to imply Sam is great, because he won a college award, by posting that list, but I don't actually want to be held accountable for actually saying so because I know it's ludicrous.

...And I really like to go to that incredibly deep 2-brain-cell well.

A lot of experts on Missouri football have popped up this offseason all of a sudden. Weird phenomenon.

wow, you're so close :)

I think I stated at the start I knew nothing of Missouri football. I"m guessing it's exactly the same for you, which again was part of my point that you just can't seem to grasp. Those cells are burning up, and on such meaningless garbage. Be careful :)

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao, look at the badass. Can you explain why you're obsessed with Michael Sam or do I need to guess?

aww, look another one trying to be cute and completely unable to comprehend what's been written.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their goal isn't to project someone to the NFL, so they didn't get anything wrong. It is no different between offense and defense. Some guys are great in college and simply don't have the skill set to make the big leagues. Distinguishing between offense and defense is stupid.

Yes, this is the year the award went to someone without the skill set for the next level. He has never been considered an elite talent, so pretending the reason he's a late pick is because of his sexuality is absurd.