• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

When Michael Sam the gay player from Missouri is not drafted what will the excuses be?

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who supports or roots for a player just because he's a homo' is an idiot. Sexual preference is not a virtue or an accomplishment.

Just like being black is not a virtue or an accomplishment. Or white. Or being a woman. Or enjoying games of Pokémon cards or Dungeons and Dragons.

Now actually getting a single sack in the NFL? That would be an accomplishment. But I doubt he does it. Go prove me wrong Mikey.

This.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said, I don't think it matters if it was. That doesn't mean the whole situation was for attention from the beginning. I'm sure they got together and planned on that while they waited for the draft week to arrive. Doesn't mean his coming out or the manner in which he did was an agenda thing. that's what I was saying.
It might not matter to you but it does to me. I'm tired of the gay agenda being forced on me even in the NFL draft. Great...he is gay....move along and let's see how good a player he can be.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a player doesn't announce his heterosexuality, we don't assume that he's ashamed of it. Why would that be different for a gay player?

I think Sam could have handled this differently. You're gay. Cool. Doesn't mean it's necessary to flamboyantly parade it around like he's an equality hero in the NFL. That's why I think he's an attention whore.

The first openly gay fireman doesn't need to let the world know that he's gay. The first openly gay lawyer doesn't need to let the world know that he's gay. It's completely irrelevant because it has nothing to do with how they get their job accomplished and it would just be drawing unnecessary attention to themselves.

BOB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must say I'm getting sick of the story. I can't watch sport channels now without it poping up every 2 minutes now. Yes he got picked. That's awesome. Can these network move on now. How many times must Espn or NFL network replay the cake scene. It's almost like thier trying to rub it in peeps face. Not blaming Sam for that though. It's the media that's bugging me right now.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must say I'm getting sick of the story. I can't watch sport channels now without it poping up every 2 minutes now. Yes he got picked. That's awesome. Can these network move on now. How many times must Espn or NFL network replay the cake scene. It's almost like thier trying to rub it in peeps face. Not blaming Sam for that though. It's the media that's bugging me right now.

It's going to get much worse. Just wait until ESPN has a report from Rams training camp every day about how his teammates are coping with the situation.

BOB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to get much worse. Just wait until ESPN has a report from Rams training camp every day about how his teammates are coping with the situation.

Ugh, don't want to think about it,but I do expect it. I also expect the media to openly root for the Rams now. They will become the media new favorite team. :lol:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a player doesn't announce his heterosexuality, we don't assume that he's ashamed of it. Why would that be different for a gay player?

I think Sam could have handled this differently. You're gay. Cool. Doesn't mean it's necessary to flamboyantly parade it around like he's an equality hero in the NFL. That's why I think he's an attention whore.

The first openly gay fireman doesn't need to let the world know that he's gay. The first openly gay lawyer doesn't need to let the world know that he's gay. It's completely irrelevant because it has nothing to do with how they get their job accomplished and it would just be drawing unnecessary attention to themselves.

:wtf:

The first openly gay ... doesn't need to let the world know they are gay. What the hell does openly mean then ffs? :L

He brought it out because it was going to come out anyway. Period. This really isn't that hard folks. Had he said nothing it was going to leak and from what I read when this first came up it was going to be leaked out the following week. He simply jumped the story to own his own situation and not rely on the words of others.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,805.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh, don't want to think about it,but I do expect it. I also expect the media to openly root for the Rams now. They will become the media new favorite team. :lol:

You mean the way the media is now "openly rooting" for their "new favorite team", the brooklyn nets to beat the miami heat just because they signed an openly gay player??

:bullshit:

BOB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the way the media is now "openly rooting" for their "new favorite team", the brooklyn nets to beat the miami heat just because they signed an openly gay player??

:bullshit:

Why do you act like that? Everyone that voicies an opinion is not a biggot. You act like anyone that says some thing that opposite of worshiping the Sam story is a hater or some thing. It makes you look real bad.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,805.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you act like that? Everyone that voicies an opinion is not a biggot. You act like anyone that says some thing that opposite of worshiping the Sam story is a hater or some thing. It makes you look real bad.

"Act like that" :wtf2:

Like what?

I never said you were a bigot.....you just seem to be speculating a bit too much is all....:nod:
I called BS on your media theory.......relax.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure whether this thread is sad, or funny.... but it's definitely entertaining! :pop2:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yoga's not acting. He really is a sanctimonious prick.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf:

The first openly gay ... doesn't need to let the world know they are gay. What the hell does openly mean then ffs? :L

He brought it out because it was going to come out anyway. Period. This really isn't that hard folks. Had he said nothing it was going to leak and from what I read when this first came up it was going to be leaked out the following week. He simply jumped the story to own his own situation and not rely on the words of others.

A guy can be openly gay without announcing it the world...lol. Not sure where I lost you there. Are you suggesting that a gay guy can't be an openly gay guy unless he publicly announces it to the world or something? :L:L:L:L:L(Look, I can use these stupid smilies too)

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, we're suggesting that when a player is in a profession where the media is that much in love with any story no matter how pointless about any athlete, it was going to come out no matter what he did.

All Sam did was own it.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the draft, Charley Casserly was saying that he had players who were gay, and the entire team knew that they were gay. But this was never brought up with the media. And why should it get brought up with the media? IT'S COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT.

There are probably other gay players in the NFL that we don't know of. And why should we? Again, irrelevant information. The media isn't going to do this "gay witch hunt" to identify and label all such players unless one of them is an attention whore and draws that media attention to himself.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their teams most likely know in many cases.

That is different from a player being openly gay throughout college. When it's known among that many people, it will get out.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the draft, Charley Casserly was saying that he had players who were gay, and the entire team knew that they were gay. But this was never brought up with the media. And why should it get brought up with the media? IT'S COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT.

There are probably other gay players in the NFL that we don't know of. And why should we? Again, irrelevant information. The media isn't going to do this "gay witch hunt" to identify and label all such players unless one of them is an attention whore and draws that media attention to himself.

Jesus man, you just don't get it do you? :L (your favorite smiley right)

There are plenty of gay players who up until now stayed as hidden as they could. And it appears you believe they should all stay that way forever. If they are in fact gay they MUST stay fully hidden to make you more comfortable.

This player wasn't particularly good at hiding it as he is quite obviously gay if you simply see his mannerisms. It was something that lots of people knew about and it was already getting around the NFL scouts and GM's. He was told it was going to hit the media and he decided if he was going to be outed he might as well have it be his own words that does it.

What part of this are you just not grasping?

Yes, many gay players have existed in the past. No, he couldn't have been just like they were. He was going to be outed. Had he said nothing it would have been a story anyway.

I mean is it really necessary to bitch and moan about it for page after page? So fucking what. He's gay and you had to not only hear about it, but saw him in a gay moment after he got drafted. It's not the end of the world. Grow up and deal with it.

:L:L:L:L:L Might as well use them up.