• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's With All the Homers?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do most people tend to circle the wagons if they don't like the results of a scandal rather than calling it like it is?

Fast & Furious & the IRS issues were huge scandals. LOTS of people did some really bad things in those issues.

When Chris Christie had that bridge scandal, that was a big deal. A really big deal. It happened on his watch, and that means it's on him.

Bill Clinton was a lying douche, and he got caught.

Nixon broke the law. "I'm not a crook." Yes you were.

The 49ers cheated the cap in 1997.

The Broncos cheated the cap in the mid 2000's.

All of these things involved people intentionally doing something dishonest or immoral. These statements should, more-or-less, be unanimous. But they're not. People circle the wagons if it's their guy. That's pathetic and small. And yes I'm talking to Patriots fans. The Patriots violated the integrity of the game. You can't just dismiss that. They should be ashamed, and since this is the 2nd time it's happened they deserve the most severe punishment the NFL has ever administered to a team as a whole.

People like to knock Suh for being a dirty fucker.

I just like to mention he's the THIRD dirtiest fucker on his team.

(If he's on another team next year. I'll troll their ass. And buy his jersey.)

No sense in denying reality.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People like to knock Suh for being a dirty fucker.

I just like to mention he's the THIRD dirtiest fucker on his team.

(If he's on another team next year. I'll troll their ass. And buy his jersey.)

No sense in denying reality.

:suds:

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This country has gone to war at least twice because what "everybody knew" was false.

• Maine explosion/Spanish-American War.
  • WMD/Iraq War.
And that's not even counting the Gulf of Tonkin, nor the possibility that the Lusitania really was running armaments to Europe.

Strike that second one Fencer. We now know the US Military did find and recover WMD's in Iraq.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strike that second one Fencer. We now know the US Military did find and recover WMD's in Iraq.

Not the kind anybody would have supported a war over. Chemical weapons are WW1 technology.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You speak of your opinion, as one is usually going to do.

Let me make this clear. I do not believe the Patriots tampered with the subject balls as many would believe. I believe in the honesty and integrity of the Patriots.

Many would convict them on reputation. Show me the investigation results - when they are in.
Provide me with the evidence that the Patriots did something wrong.

On some level I agree with you here...Mike Tyson was convicted of r*pe more on rep than evidence.

Bounty gate...by player's own admissions many teams had a similar incentive...the league told teams to shut it down...The Saints didn't, got caught and were punished.

Spygate...a lot of teams did that and the NFL said to shut it down...the Pats did not and therefore were hit hard by the league.

Deflategate...guilt by reputation is my 1st thought...Brady went a bit too far trying to prove innocence and contradicted himself...that fanned the flames here imo. Short of somebody coming forward and saying I deflated the balls...the league is never going to come to a truthful conclusion.

This is just another loophole in league operating procedure being closed.

Fans...the OP is more right than wrong, when it's a player from our team, etc. we are the often the last to accept it, but it depends on the severity of the misdoing.

Speaking solely on this current "gate"...why should any Pats fans condemn their team until there is evidence of guilt.?

Raven fans would not have welcomed Ray Lewis back as a convicted murderer...or Steeler fans Ben as a convicted rapist...

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You speak of your opinion, as one is usually going to do.

Let me make this clear. I do not believe the Patriots tampered with the subject balls as many would believe. I believe in the honesty and integrity of the Patriots.

Many would convict them on reputation. Show me the investigation results - when they are in.
Provide me with the evidence that the Patriots did something wrong.

Of course it's your opinion and you are entitled to it but, honesty and integrity and two words most non-patriot fans don't associate with the team. If people didn't know you were a Patriot fan, they would think you were being sarcastic.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It so happens that the majority of ALL the details released, leaked or rumored so far are the ones that BB laid out in his press conference. What's more, no other detail released or leaked in the 1-week history of this nonsense seriously contradicts what he said. And given the frenzy, one would think that if there were such details, they would have leaked already.

So taking any view OTHER than "innocent" is indicative of strong bias.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It so happens that the majority of ALL the details released, leaked or rumored so far are the ones that BB laid out in his press conference. What's more, no other detail released or leaked in the 1-week history of this nonsense seriously contradicts what he said. And given the frenzy, one would think that if there were such details, they would have leaked already.

So taking any view OTHER than "innocent" is indicative of strong bias.

I'm sure that middle logo on your profile has nothing to do with that stance....

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When people invest time watching every game they get attached and are likely to when attacked turn around and attack back. That is human nature.

I remember in the NHL forums when Matt Cooke destroyed Marc Savard ending his career that some of the Penguins fans said things like Matt Cooke cleaned up his act that was just hockey. While the Bruins fans screamed for his head. He got nothing and has been since involved in multiple incidents of dirty play. Some of the Pens fans that defended him now say he should be banned from the league...why? cause he aint on the Penguins anymore.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do most people tend to circle the wagons if they don't like the results of a scandal rather than calling it like it is?

Fast & Furious & the IRS issues were huge scandals. LOTS of people did some really bad things in those issues.

When Chris Christie had that bridge scandal, that was a big deal. A really big deal. It happened on his watch, and that means it's on him.

Bill Clinton was a lying douche, and he got caught.

Nixon broke the law. "I'm not a crook." Yes you were.

The 49ers cheated the cap in 1997.

The Broncos cheated the cap in the mid 2000's.

All of these things involved people intentionally doing something dishonest or immoral. These statements should, more-or-less, be unanimous. But they're not. People circle the wagons if it's their guy. That's pathetic and small. And yes I'm talking to Patriots fans. The Patriots violated the integrity of the game. You can't just dismiss that. They should be ashamed, and since this is the 2nd time it's happened they deserve the most severe punishment the NFL has ever administered to a team as a whole.

Post of the Week. :clap:

Good stuff, Sick. Some Pats fans are honest. Most are not. It's pretty sickening to see what they'll excuse.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post of the Week. :clap:

Good stuff, Sick. Some Pats fans are honest. Most are not. It's pretty sickening to see what they'll excuse.

Patriot's fans are very defensive of their team because of its sordid history.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriot's fans are very defensive of their team because of its sordid history.

I'm not defending the Patriots. I'm saying they are not guilty. I don't have to defend what they did if they did not do anything!

Show me the evidence of wrong-doing.....

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm not defending the Patriots. I'm saying they are not guilty..

:what:

You're buying Bill's BS temperature theory? 11 of 12 balls were deflated, and all of the Colts' balls magically stayed the same pressure along with that other 1 stubborn, physics-defying ball?

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF, it is what it is, FUCKING OWN THAT SHIT.

We push limits, in science, in business, in sport, in life, I don't blame them for one minute. Pats fan should be proud their team will do anything to win.

2 pounds of air I a ball, give me a break, that is crybaby shit. Colts got their asses handed to them fair and square. :billb:

BTW, there is some evidence FDR already knew about Pearl Harbor.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF, it is what it is, FUCKING OWN THAT SHIT.

We push limits, in science, in business, in sport, in life, I don't blame them for one minute. Pats fan should be proud their team will do anything to win.

2 pounds of air I a ball, give me a break, that is crybaby shit. Colts got their asses handed to them fair and square. :billb:

BTW, there is some evidence FDR already knew about Pearl Harbor.

I'll own it when they show evidence of wrong-doing.

Want to talk football?