• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's With All the Homers?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Why do most people tend to circle the wagons if they don't like the results of a scandal rather than calling it like it is?

Fast & Furious & the IRS issues were huge scandals. LOTS of people did some really bad things in those issues.

When Chris Christie had that bridge scandal, that was a big deal. A really big deal. It happened on his watch, and that means it's on him.

Bill Clinton was a lying douche, and he got caught.

Nixon broke the law. "I'm not a crook." Yes you were.

The 49ers cheated the cap in 1997.

The Broncos cheated the cap in the mid 2000's.

All of these things involved people intentionally doing something dishonest or immoral. These statements should, more-or-less, be unanimous. But they're not. People circle the wagons if it's their guy. That's pathetic and small. And yes I'm talking to Patriots fans. The Patriots violated the integrity of the game. You can't just dismiss that. They should be ashamed, and since this is the 2nd time it's happened they deserve the most severe punishment the NFL has ever administered to a team as a whole.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do most people tend to circle the wagons if they don't like the results of a scandal rather than calling it like it is?

Fast & Furious & the IRS issues were huge scandals. LOTS of people did some really bad things in those issues.

When Chris Christie had that bridge scandal, that was a big deal. A really big deal. It happened on his watch, and that means it's on him.

All of these things involved people intentionally doing something dishonest or immoral. These statements should, more-or-less, be unanimous. But they're not. People circle the wagons if it's their guy. That's pathetic and small. And yes I'm talking to Patriots fans. The Patriots violated the integrity of the game. You can't just dismiss that. They should be ashamed, and since this is the 2nd time it's happened they deserve the most severe punishment the NFL has ever administered to a team as a whole.

There's plenty of times the court of public opinion has been very wrong too.

Anyone remember the conclusion of the NFL's handling of the Ray Rice case? How did that compare with the court?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting question, were the answer not so transparent. What world must one live in to think that people are more objective than biased?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You speak of your opinion, as one is usually going to do.

Let me make this clear. I do not believe the Patriots tampered with the subject balls as many would believe. I believe in the honesty and integrity of the Patriots.

Many would convict them on reputation. Show me the investigation results - when they are in.
Provide me with the evidence that the Patriots did something wrong.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You speak of your opinion, as one is usually going to do.

Let me make this clear. I do not believe the Patriots tampered with the subject balls as many would believe. I believe in the honesty and integrity of the Patriots.

Many would convict them on reputation. Show me the investigation results - when they are in.
Provide me with the evidence that the Patriots did something wrong.

I will reserve judgement until after the NFL investigation.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if OP remembers the Duke lacrosse r*pe scandal. Nothing went wrong there at all.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why dont you all shut up and watch some real manly wrestling.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why is political shit here i have no idea,the people over in that forum should be glad i do not post there i have years in that game in DC and many firms til i left.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This country has gone to war at least twice because what "everybody knew" was false.

• Maine explosion/Spanish-American War.
  • WMD/Iraq War.
And that's not even counting the Gulf of Tonkin, nor the possibility that the Lusitania really was running armaments to Europe.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There also have been a whole lot of lynchings and suchlike based on incorrect information.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This country has gone to war at least twice because what "everybody knew" was false.

• WMD/Iraq War.
And that's not even counting the Gulf of Tonkin, nor the possibility that the Lusitania really was running armaments to Europe.

You should add the Gulf Of Tonkin.

Gulf of Tonkin incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Two of my uncles served in that bloodbath and only one came back.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homers gonna home.

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

• WMD/Iraq War.

Are you guys not going to silence this fool?

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what, Patriots fans will defend anything that organization does. To them, the franchise is above reproach and it's nothing we should even talk about. I'm pretty confident most would agree this is now obvious.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People really need to to take a step back,,it's just balls man!

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't it go the other way too? If you don't like the Patriots, then you're more likely to go against them on this issue.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that acronym. If he did say that he's right.