• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What kinda QB do you want

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we do move on from Cutler what kind of QB are you hoping for? Me I like the old school pocket passer. I don't want a running QB. While a QB that can run when the play breaks down is nice, I hate a QB who looks to run. This fad of running QBs the last 5 years has shown itself to be a bad ideal. What are you guys hoping for?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping for a QB that has Peyton Mannings mind, Philip Rivers accuracy and precision, Aaron Rodgers arm and quick release, kaepernick's speed, cam newtons body, and Russell Wilson's running mindset

This is kind of a dumb question...

C

cubzzzfanincali

I'm hoping for a QB that has Peyton Mannings mind, Philip Rivers accuracy and precision, Aaron Rodgers arm and quick release, kaepernick's speed, cam newtons body, and Russell Wilson's running mindset

and plays for the league minimum $$?

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst.... Thread.... Ever. :suds:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone who knows how to win.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we draft the next Aaron Rodgers?

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty simple. can run but more importantly knows when to run, accuracy more important than how hard he can throw, leader, competitor. patient. I am hoping he is on the roster this year training, two more years of cutler.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to believe we'll just move on and find the best QB we've had in the Super Bowl era… but uh… yeah, I don't know.

I have a weird feeling Jay is going to have is best season as a Bear. No reason, just a gut feeling. Something that would happen to the Bears, just to confuse everyone even more.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me dumb it down for the special among us. Old school pocket QB or new wave running QB.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you could not pick one style. I'll ask a easier question, what do you like on your peanut butter and jelly sandwiches:doh:.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to believe we'll just move on and find the best QB we've had in the Super Bowl era… but uh… yeah, I don't know.

I have a weird feeling Jay is going to have is best season as a Bear. No reason, just a gut feeling. Something that would happen to the Bears, just to confuse everyone even more.

Best statistical season or best record?

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me dumb it down for the special among us. Old school pocket QB or new wave running QB.

Ouch, you cut me deep. :gaah: Old School Pocket QB is my opinion.

C

cubzzzfanincali

The modern NFL is not a "either/or". Guys like Rodgers and Luck are classic examples of this, they do some of their best passing on the move, outside of the pocket.

And I don't know why you think running QBs have somehow been discredited, they've been extremely successful lately. Russell Wilson is - according to any statistical measure - a textbook running QB, and he's shooting for his second Super Bowl. Others have done very well. They aren't all Tebows.

That being said, I'd prefer an in-between guy than a purely pocket or run-heavy guy.

C

cubzzzfanincali

That would be nice, but after saying that to myself for about 5 seasons running now, I'm done.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Style is secondary for me. Traits that are more important in my opinion:
Cool under pressure
Smart, can see where defenses are vulnerable
Decisive... won't hold on to the ball too long or will know when to take off with his feet (That is Jay Cutler's dragon to slay)
Has fun playing the game (Another dragon for Jay)

If you have those four things going for you, you can be a championship caliber quarterback no matter what your style is. And don't discount the "fun"... that is contagious and gets the best out of guys performance-wise. It is a true x factor. I would look for the traits. Of course, arm strength and accuracy standards are a given... but as far as what separates the great from the good, I believe it is these things.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Style is secondary for me. Traits that are more important in my opinion:
Cool under pressure
Smart, can see where defenses are vulnerable
Decisive... won't hold on to the ball too long or will know when to take off with his feet (That is Jay Cutler's dragon to slay)
Has fun playing the game (Another dragon for Jay)

If you have those four things going for you, you can be a championship caliber quarterback no matter what your style is. And don't discount the "fun"... that is contagious and gets the best out of guys performance-wise. It is a true x factor. I would look for the traits. Of course, arm strength and accuracy standards are a given... but as far as what separates the great from the good, I believe it is these things.

Look, the great ones have 10 guys around them in the huddle that are completely behind their leader. Piss and moan and you get a group of piss and moaners. That is why leadership is the most important part of being a NFL quarterback.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, the great ones have 10 guys around them in the huddle that are completely behind their leader. Piss and moan and you get a group of piss and moaners. That is why leadership is the most important part of being a NFL quarterback.

I completely agree. If I were to give Jay Cutler one word of advice, it would be to have more fun and treat it like a game. It would be a hell of a lot easier to get guys to follow him if he treated the game like a game instead of a chore.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you could not pick one style. I'll ask a easier question, what do you like on your peanut butter and jelly sandwiches:doh:.

Pickles!

I was being sarcastic because everyone would want a pocket passer....