• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So... what now? What's next at QB? For this franchise?

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields threw 25 times. He completed 20 of them.

Everything you just typed is pure fucking gibberish.
Two to the other team as well. As usual, you see what he did and not what he chose not to do. First series he ran to the 10 yard line for a field goal when St Drops and Claypool were 5 yards away from their defenders in the end zone on the first drive. Should have been 21 completions and one less run.

Take your time and digest this like someone paying attention sees receivers wide open and are not thrown the ball for a touchdown, then you might understand that in the 59th minute of the game St Brown runs a shit route. He runs a good route and watches Fields take off running, not throwing for not a touchdown.

Called human nature, like yours is to shit over everything you read.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know the rule myself, so in looking it up, it says:

"Along with the team minimum salaries, the NFL must spend 95% of the cap within the four-year CBA period, meaning that all 32 NFL teams combined must average 95% of the cap or higher."

Now what this doesn't tell me is will it mean the Bears only have to commit about 24% of the cap this coming season? Since it says the NFL collectively has to average 95%, does this mean the Bears might need to spend more to help make the average? Not sure on either point, but one thing's for certain and that is no team can just sit on its ass with their available cap space. So there's zero doubt that Poles will be shopping and will be spending once the free agency period commences.
I took this as per team not combined. So if you are at minimum for 3 years, that you are basically forced to go over the cap within a 4 year period to get to 95% average for 4 years The minimum per year is 92%. So if you live at the minimum for three years you need to get to the cap or over once every 4 years to make up for it.

If its actually combined, then I guess you are happy for teams like the rams going to 250 million so it takes burden off you if you do not want to spend.

Some of the concern was that 80 million of this years number was dead cap for players playing on other teams or out of football. This is why I say the NFL wont allow teams to completely build thru the draft because they would never get to the 92% number until they start maxing out their draft picks to the big money deals. So a new GM could never build his team thru the draft. Poles got a head start with the dead money this year. I do not think they will mind paying another 16 million to Quinn next season and teams who want to buy championships blowing up their cap.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you make it seem like you have never played team sports or done anything physical at all in your life to not understand the statement.

I played Division 1 college football.

What else you got, dummy?

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two to the other team as well. As usual, you see what he did and not what he chose not to do. First series he ran to the 10 yard line for a field goal when St Drops and Claypool were 5 yards away from their defenders in the end zone on the first drive. Should have been 21 completions and one less run.

He didn't play a perfect game at all. But he definitely played a good one and the numbers back that up. The first INT was because the receiver had to run 4 extra yards trying to get out of his break. The 2nd is just a desperation heave when the game is already over.

Fields has a lot to improve on.
Take your time and digest this like someone paying attention sees receivers wide open and are not thrown the ball for a touchdown, then you might understand that in the 59th minute of the game St Brown runs a shit route. He runs a good route and watches Fields take off running, not throwing for not a touchdown.

Excuse me if I don't take advice from someone that struggles typing in english despite it being the only language they know.

There's absolutely no excuse for any player to not do their job whether it's the first 30 seconds or the last. St. Brown knew in the huddle his number was called....his job was to run his route and prepare to catch the ball. He ran a shit route. End of story.

The Fields runs a lot and therefore his receivers can't run good routes narrative is, like almost everything you type, complete HORSESHIT.
Called human nature, like yours is to shit over everything you read.

Not everything. Just the stupid stuff. Stop typing stupid stuff and I'll stop calling you stupid.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't play a perfect game at all. But he definitely played a good one and the numbers back that up. The first INT was because the receiver had to run 4 extra yards trying to get out of his break. The 2nd is just a desperation heave when the game is already over.

Fields has a lot to improve on.

Excuse me if I don't take advice from someone that struggles typing in english despite it being the only language they know.

There's absolutely no excuse for any player to not do their job whether it's the first 30 seconds or the last. St. Brown knew in the huddle his number was called....his job was to run his route and prepare to catch the ball. He ran a shit route. End of story.

The Fields runs a lot and therefore his receivers can't run good routes narrative is, like almost everything you type, complete HORSESHIT.

Not everything. Just the stupid stuff. Stop typing stupid stuff and I'll stop calling you stupid.
Stupid does not bother me, so you can do it all you want. I call myself an idiot.

Like I say, you get a true, #1 receiver, a Jefferson, a Diggs, a Cooper and what happens in the huddle other than, WTF man, throw the damned ball. You cannot have that. Its why we cannot get that true #1 yet. Yes, I did say yet because eventually Justin will start throwing more when he realizes his body will not survive the next deal he gets.

A quarterback needs to throw for maybe 3000 yards to get one 1000 yard receiver. Thats what gets them bank and franchise contracts, not blocking with no receptions to keep them happy. So when am I gonna get mine plays into human nature, just like I know I am going to be torn to shreds each time I post here.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid does not bother me

I know. You being stupid probably doesn't bother you at all.

It's everyone else that is affected.
Like I say, you get a true, #1 receiver, a Jefferson, a Diggs, a Cooper and what happens in the huddle other than, WTF man, throw the damned ball. You cannot have that. Its why we cannot get that true #1 yet.

That's complete made up horseshit on your part though. The Bears don't have a #1 because they simply haven't invested in one. That's the only reason.
A quarterback needs to throw for maybe 3000 yards to get one 1000 yard receiver.

That probably hurt your brain.
Thats what gets them bank and franchise contracts, not blocking with no receptions to keep them happy.
Ability is what gets them paid.

St Brown's stats are because he sucks as a receiver. If he was good.....his stats would be better. Simple.
So when am I gonna get mine plays into human nature, just like I know I am going to be torn to shreds each time I post here.

Again...post bullshit and get called on it.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the bottom line....

A receiver's ability to run routes has absolutely nothing to do with how many passing attempts a QB has.

That's just laughably dumb. You are either a good route runner or a bad one.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I was hoping your panties were wadded up so much I would have gotten one dissected quote post, the second bottom line post, and a third response with you making sure you got your point across.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the bottom line....

A receiver's ability to run routes has absolutely nothing to do with how many passing attempts a QB has.

That's just laughably dumb. You are either a good route runner or a bad one.

The fact that they aren't getting open is the reason why Fields runs so much! That and he's good at it! Teams can't really stop him running either. Can't believe I am agreeing with a Bears fan! :suds:

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I was hoping your panties were wadded up so much I would have gotten one dissected quote post, the second bottom line post, and a third response with you making sure you got your point across.

Still confused by how quoting works?

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to interject myself too much into bears message board drama

Here is an article thinking denver screwed up by not drafting Fields

A work mate is a Broncos fan and told me after the draft he was hoping they would take Justin Fields. Last year he thought Denver dodged a bullet but when the pre-season came around he came up to me and said "yo man Fields is looking good in yalls new offense. He's looking real good." But he said it with so much salt and regret he couldn't hide the disappointment in his face. Now he is doubling down and saying Surtain is one of the top premier corners in the leauge (which may be true) and is happy with the choice. Considering thats the only attitude he can have I guess its for the best he feels that way.

That being said I would rather have the franchise QB, on a rookie contract, because they are far harder to come across than a cornerback; not to mention Chicago already has a stud CB in Jaylon Johnson and possibly a second in Kyler Gordon.