• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So... what now? What's next at QB? For this franchise?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our oline does suck.....
Our wrs do suck.....
Fields was pretty much spot on until the two drives......He will be oyr qb next season.
20-25 254 yds,with some dynamic passes and out plays Rodgers.....

He is our stating qb......
I'd label that as a solid yep.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our oline does suck.....
Our wrs do suck.....
Fields was pretty much spot on until the two drives......He will be oyr qb next season.

I agree. However if Fields is not the guy, spending all this money on free agency is a gigantic waste of money and a mistake. And that, is the risk we face if we go guns blazing in free agency.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team has too many holes to fill. FA and the draft, if done well, will result in a 6-7 win team.

This is a shit-hole franchise that strives for mediocrity.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I believe Fields is ok for how many starts he's had. He's not a train wreck waiting to happen and presents a real danger to D's that aren't disciplined in pass rush lanes and run fits on the read option game. The Bears knew he was a bit of a project when they took him, so I wouldn't expect any knee jerk reaction from them. Does he and will he make mistakes, of course he will, it's an imperfect game and everyone does, but at some point you really do need to live with the growing pains and allow him full opportunity to learn and play the position, guys calling to move on from him are a bit misguided at this point. Now, if it's the same next year at this time, then I could understand, but not now.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team has too many holes to fill. FA and the draft, if done well, will result in a 6-7 win team.

This is a shit-hole franchise that strives for mediocrity.
Disagree to a point. We of course have to better define the phrase 'FA and the draft, if done well' because what actually defines if done well? My version of Poles doing well would be to nab several starters, with at least two of them being amongst the biggest catches in the offseason, along with some much needed depth in free agency. Then he continues to nail some talent in the draft. Not sure if this means he sticks with his 1st round pick and lands what we'd all hope is a true keeper or if he trades back and builds thru numbers. In either event, if all this combined is agreed that he will have done well, then I see a team that could win anywhere from 8-10 games and likely be in the postseason hunt all year long, if not make the playoffs altogether. You have to remember that altho we've had our butts handed to us in several games, we've been in most of them till the end.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our oline does suck.....
Our wrs do suck.....

LOL at quoting a post from October.

He'll do, if they can fix the D-line, and upgrade the WRs.

He is far from great tho. I don't know what it is, but even when he gets the ball off on time, it seems to take for-fucking-ever to get there. When I was growing up, coaches would say he's trying to guide it in instead of throw it in. (Deep balls excluded, as he generally seems ok with those.)

His first INT was on the WR not working back to the ball, (tho he had Montgomery on a check down for an easy 10, which was the better throw), but the second one was on him.

We have been in too many games late, down a score with the last possession, and shit the bed when it matters most. Some of that is on Getsy, (Today's series after the Harry catch is a prime example), but nonetheless, Fields and this O seems to stall when it matters most. That needs to change.

Next year will be the real story. I assume, with the capital the Bears currently have, coupled with a buncha early round picks, that they will be able to rebuild the trenches.

It will be up to Fields at that point. I hope he kills it. He is a likable kid, who seems tough and is fun to watch.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is far from great tho. I don't know what it is, but even when he gets the ball off on time, it seems to take for-fucking-ever to get there. When I was growing up, coaches would say he's trying to guide it in instead of throw it in. (Deep balls excluded, as he generally seems ok with those.)

His first INT was on the WR not working back to the ball, (tho he had Montgomery on a check down for an easy 10, which was the better throw), but the second one was on him.

We have been in too many games late, down a score with the last possession, and shit the bed when it matters most. Some of that is on Getsy, (Today's series after the Harry catch is a prime example), but nonetheless, Fields and this O seems to stall when it matters most. That needs to change.

Next year will be the real story. I assume, with the capital the Bears currently have, coupled with a buncha early round picks, that they will be able to rebuild the trenches.

It will be up to Fields at that point. I hope he kills it. He is a likable kid, who seems tough and is fun to watch.

Damn,my bad......I thought that post was from yesterday......lol

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. However if Fields is not the guy, spending all this money on free agency is a gigantic waste of money and a mistake. And that, is the risk we face if we go guns blazing in free agency.

Spending money on freeagency would not be dumb.........i dont think they will spend every damn dollar they have anyways.....
Theres no one in the wr dept I would want anyways other than Lazard,but hes not one to break the bank for anyways......
Im for an ot in freeagency and take a look at dlineman myself.....we dont have to spend it all to be successful next season.......

JF looked very good yesterday except the two last damn series.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I believe Fields is ok for how many starts he's had. He's not a train wreck waiting to happen and presents a real danger to D's that aren't disciplined in pass rush lanes and run fits on the read option game. The Bears knew he was a bit of a project when they took him, so I wouldn't expect any knee jerk reaction from them. Does he and will he make mistakes, of course he will, it's an imperfect game and everyone does, but at some point you really do need to live with the growing pains and allow him full opportunity to learn and play the position, guys calling to move on from him are a bit misguided at this point. Now, if it's the same next year at this time, then I could understand, but not now.

I will say it again. On an organization that is bereft of talent the guy is doing pretty well. He's not a great passer but neither is Lamar Jackson. If Fields keeps working on his game he can be a middle of the road qb. His legs make him a top 10 fantasy qb lol

When have the Bears had a top 10 fantasy qb in back to back years? Never? Ok.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Poles does everything he needs to do this offseason...next season is on Fields completely.

He will still have less than two seasons worth of starts under his belt but he will be in his second season in this offense with two whole off seasons dedicated to it.

Your point on the first INT is spot on and it was far from the only time yesterday where Fields probably picked the wrong target. That pass to St. Brown was a timing trust throw but if he looks off it he sees Monty. He had a few completions yesterday where there was probably a better option to throw to. Time and experience should correct those issues. Should. Or he will never get over the hump.

steve59

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his best game as a passer against a team that owns us and some of you guys still whine. I'm excited for him to start owning the 2 minute drill, but until the O takes that step JF is the only reason to watch this team on sunday.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his best game as a passer against a team that owns us and some of you guys still whine. I'm excited for him to start owning the 2 minute drill, but until the O takes that step JF is the only reason to watch this team on sunday.
How dare you besmirch my golden boy, Jack Sanborn.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By player agreement a team just spend 89 or 90 % of their salary cap on player salaries. The Bears have a huge amount to spend next year to meet that amount. Biggest sum of money in the league. How are you suspecting they do that if they don't spend all the required amounts on players? Bears will have $80 million in contracts next season with a required $121 million to spend to hit the required salary spend. Ish. I'm not an expert but its somewhere in that ball park.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your point on the first INT is spot on and it was far from the only time yesterday where Fields probably picked the wrong target. That pass to St. Brown was a timing trust throw but if he looks off it he sees Monty. He had a few completions yesterday where there was probably a better option to throw to. Time and experience should correct those issues. Should. Or he will never get over the hump.
Seems like Poles needed to do some more work last off season watching 7 or 8 first timers in the secondary the second half yesterday.

I saw the first series that both the patron saint of drops and pool were open enough to throw the ball instead of him running and going FG. So late in the game the excuse that St Brown did not run a good route and come back hard enough is human nature because these guys do not expect to be thrown the football.

My fear is we are going to get another season like this, don't throw when the D is playing regular and there are some man situations to exploit, then expect him to march down the field in the fourth quarter against 8 DB's. Then we watch Getsy get fired then get a new OC and hear how this is the third system this poor QB had to learn in his first 5 seasons as the excuse.

That is why I want to see more passing all together, because if these receivers are just blocking all game, you cannot expect them to run good routes and catch everything in the 59th minute of the game.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By player agreement a team just spend 89 or 90 % of their salary cap on player salaries. The Bears have a huge amount to spend next year to meet that amount. Biggest sum of money in the league. How are you suspecting they do that if they don't spend all the required amounts on players? Bears will have $80 million in contracts next season with a required $121 million to spend to hit the required salary spend. Ish. I'm not an expert but its somewhere in that ball park.
I didn't know the rule myself, so in looking it up, it says:

"Along with the team minimum salaries, the NFL must spend 95% of the cap within the four-year CBA period, meaning that all 32 NFL teams combined must average 95% of the cap or higher."

Now what this doesn't tell me is will it mean the Bears only have to commit about 24% of the cap this coming season? Since it says the NFL collectively has to average 95%, does this mean the Bears might need to spend more to help make the average? Not sure on either point, but one thing's for certain and that is no team can just sit on its ass with their available cap space. So there's zero doubt that Poles will be shopping and will be spending once the free agency period commences.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like Poles needed to do some more work last off season watching 7 or 8 first timers in the secondary the second half yesterday.

I saw the first series that both the patron saint of drops and pool were open enough to throw the ball instead of him running and going FG. So late in the game the excuse that St Brown did not run a good route and come back hard enough is human nature because these guys do not expect to be thrown the football.

My fear is we are going to get another season like this, don't throw when the D is playing regular and there are some man situations to exploit, then expect him to march down the field in the fourth quarter against 8 DB's. Then we watch Getsy get fired then get a new OC and hear how this is the third system this poor QB had to learn in his first 5 seasons as the excuse.

That is why I want to see more passing all together, because if these receivers are just blocking all game, you cannot expect them to run good routes and catch everything in the 59th minute of the game.

Fields threw 25 times. He completed 20 of them.

Everything you just typed is pure fucking gibberish.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why I want to see more passing all together, because if these receivers are just blocking all game, you cannot expect them to run good routes and catch everything in the 59th minute of the game

This might be the dumbest fucking thing ever typed here and that’s saying a lot.

Can’t expect receivers to run good routes and catch because they’re also asked to block.

You need rehab.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would say. This rebuild was always going to be a three year process. And I will add, next year we should see improvement. However, to ask a new bunch of rookies to perform out of the draft at an NFL level is a tough ask outside of the first rounder. Now I like last years draft and adds post draft. If Poles manages this ability again next year we should see the improvement I mentioned.

F/A wise, with the cap room the Bears have could go a long way to helping as well.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might be the dumbest fucking thing ever typed here and that’s saying a lot.

Can’t expect receivers to run good routes and catch because they’re also asked to block.

You need rehab.
you make it seem like you have never played team sports or done anything physical at all in your life to not understand the statement.

Maybe this is why you are so angry.