• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You’re Josh Harris. What do you fix first?

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think we have this thread anywhere, so let’s give it a whirl.

Say you’re JH. The sale is final. You’re ready and willing to start making changes. What do you fix first:
Team training facilities?
Secure stadium location, design, funding?
GM / Management overhaul?
Fan experience?
Community outreach?
Name change?
Alumni affairs?
something else?

I think I’d upgrade facilities first bc the players make you your money, and be as transparent as possible with the fans like in Leonsis’s early days with the caps (“we are going to be really bad for a while, but I promise if you stick with us we’ll build a consistent winner.”)

I think I’d make as many public appearances as possible with Magic, the message being “we hear you, we aren’t Snyder, we want you back.”

I think I’d immediately meet with as many willing alumni as possible, and start repairing that relationship.

I think I’d do my damndest to meet with DC officials to try to secure the RFK site for a future state of the art stadium.

Last edited:

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think we have this thread anywhere, so let’s give it a whirl.

Say you’re JH. The sale is final. You’re ready and willing to start making changes. What do you fix first:
Team training facilities?
Secure stadium location, design, funding?
GM / Management overhaul?
Fan experience?
Community outreach?
Name change?
Alumni affairs?
something else?

I think I’d upgrade facilities first bc the players make you your money, and be as transparent as possible with the fans like in Leonsis’s early days with the caps (“we are going to be really bad for a while, but I promise if you stick with us we’ll build a consistent winner.”)

I think I’d make as many public appearances as possible with Magic, the message being “we hear you, we aren’t Snyder, we want you back.”

I think I’d immediately meet with as many willing alumni as possible, and start repairing that relationship.

I think I’d do my damndest to meet with DC officials to try to secure the RFK site for a future state of the art stadium.

Nice thread! Community outreach and alumni affairs. Without sounding disrespectful, I'm sure alumni other than Sean Taylor deserve more recognition. Green, Riggins, etc. starting in those places seem essential to me. Joe Gibbs has already said he wants to help restore the glory.
I figure former players and fans may have some good suggestions moving forward with team name, stadium, etc.

While we desperately need a new stadium, i'd hate to see that rushed, especially if there is an opportunity to restore RFK.
I also work on getting a parade in downtown DC asap

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Attract fans, I think Magic will do a lot of that. Start to rebuild the FO. My guess is it was Harris who reached out to Sean Payton and I imagine he has ideas on who wants to hire when they take over. RR and Mayhew here are most likely going to be here for another year.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make RR a Front Office guy
Hire EB as head coach
Hire better Scouts

This is after the season of course

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That horrible name
You’ll get no argument from anybody here.

I dont know anybody who is even neutral on the new name. It’s awful.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st decide your philosophy and communicate it .
until that happens you can’t have a plan

since I am owner I will start by cleaning house , this group is responsible for the alienation of the fan base and have screwed up the name change , allowed fed ex to erode , screwed up the retirement of Taylor’s #. And statue lied to the fans about being involved in the naming of the new name and continue to make poor decisions on a daily basis

higher a new team president and he will hire a new GM and HC that will execute my vision for the team

I would shop the team to other cities and take the best stadium deal I can find

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wheter it’s plumbing, new name, community outreach / attracting fans, alumni relations, or securing a stadium, I think we can all agree that there’s so much to do that its going to be important to rememebr that this shjt takes time…

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st decide your philosophy and communicate it .
until that happens you can’t have a plan

since I am owner I will start by cleaning house , this group is responsible for the alienation of the fan base and have screwed up the name change , allowed fed ex to erode , screwed up the retirement of Taylor’s #. And statue lied to the fans about being involved in the naming of the new name and continue to make poor decisions on a daily basis

higher a new team president and he will hire a new GM and HC that will execute my vision for the team

I would shop the team to other cities and take the best stadium deal I can find

Ok, I’ll take the bait:

You’re Josh Harris: a DC native who loved the Redskins growing up and you’d STILL shop the team to other cities and take the best stadium deal you could find?

Why would you do that?

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I’ll take the bait:

You’re Josh Harris: a DC native who loved the Redskins growing up and you’d STILL shop the team to other cities and take the best stadium deal you could find?

Why would you do that?
One answer. The WAPO. If they find out Harris is the opposite political party as them they’ll tear in to him too

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I’ll take the bait:

Why would you do that?
To get a better stadium deal locally

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To get a better stadium deal locally

So when you wrote, “I would shop the team to other cities and take the best stadium deal I could find.,” you meant you would threaten to move the team elsewhere to try to secure a sweetheart deal for the team?

You’re under the impression that that move would fool anybody or would work?

Nevermind. Sorry I asked.

Thanks for responding.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One answer. The WAPO. If they find out Harris is the opposite political party as them they’ll tear in to him too

It’s not a secret. Its not like they dont know or cant find out.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when you wrote, “I would shop the team to other cities and take the best stadium deal I could find.,” you meant you would threaten to move the team elsewhere to try to secure a sweetheart deal for the team?

You’re under the impression that that move would fool anybody or would work?

Nevermind. Sorry I asked.

Thanks for responding.
Nope if not I would move the team

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all...I LOVE THIS THREAD

Nicely done Chiller!

I agree with most of what Skinsdad is saying.

First, establish your cabinet....just like a President. Not getting political here but I would create a cabinet to cover/lead/address:

Football Operations
Fan Interaction
Stadium Acquisition

I am not saying anything you all don't know but I believe establishing a brain trust is the step 1 period. If I am Harris/Magic, I find the 3 brightest minds to head up those three divisions. I think the GM (Football Operations) is most important, followed by Stadium acquisition. So much of the fan experience in 2023 revolves around the stadium and the game-day experience. They get 1 shot at this and 1 shot only to get the stadium right.

Fan Interaction is so critical as it has the MOST to do I feel. In other words, there is ZERO trust right now with this organization as a whole. Trust and respect must be rebuilt and earned. This individual needs to capture the voice of the small loyal fanbase, persuade those who have left or are on the fence, and begin proselyting the "new" brand. It will be a blend of advertising, marketing, outreach to alumni, and innovation. There is an insane amount of work that must be done to cleanse the organization of Snyder and the damage he created.

I hope we spare no expense in getting launched here. We need to raid the Chiefs front office (in my opinion), raid ANY wildly successful pro sports team public relations guru, and find the best construction/marketing/lobby team money can buy to secure the stadium. This is where I start.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great plan!