• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You’re Josh Harris. What do you fix first?

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leave the gun, take the cannolis.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell chiller it's just business and not personal. I always liked him.

Duke is then strangled to death..lol

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st decide your philosophy and communicate it .
until that happens you can’t have a plan

since I am owner I will start by cleaning house , this group is responsible for the alienation of the fan base and have screwed up the name change , allowed fed ex to erode , screwed up the retirement of Taylor’s #. And statue lied to the fans about being involved in the naming of the new name and continue to make poor decisions on a daily basis

higher a new team president and he will hire a new GM and HC that will execute my vision for the team

I would shop the team to other cities and take the best stadium deal I can find
You had me until, "I would shope the team to other cities and take the best stadium deal I can find". That is NOT going to happen as this team stays in DC.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You had me until, "I would shope the team to other cities and take the best stadium deal I can find". That is NOT going to happen as this team stays in DC.
so you wouldnt even try to get a better deal ? you wouldnt look at a norfolk where the tide water area is booming and try to get a sweet stadium deal out of the DMV ? i damn sure would

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lived in the Tidewater area and don't believe there is any way it can support an NFL football team. Great place to go and keep the name Commanders though ... or change it to Admirals.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Keim was on the Hoffman show and did almost a half hour interview today at 5:00. He talked about the article above. He said Harris history is to be thorough. That is what he did with the Sixers and Devils. He said he is the type to hire a GM first. He said getting the fans interested is very important. No name change in the beginning. He said Harris has been doing his homework all along.

I have said before and will say it again. The sale of the team is not a FA signing it is a long term have patience deal. The owners are going to get this deal done but because Harris can't right a $6 billion dollar check and has a lot of limited partners the league wants to work through the process thoroughly. Hang in there .... the big thing is Dan is GONE.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you wouldnt even try to get a better deal ? you wouldnt look at a norfolk where the tide water area is booming and try to get a sweet stadium deal out of the DMV ? i damn sure would
No, not for a minute. You have to be thinking 20 years down the road. The RFK site is perfect for this team however, I think they end up in NVA.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First one to go ought to be Wright. Whom the league forced this team to hire and he’s fucked up about everything he’s had his hands on

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think we have this thread anywhere, so let’s give it a whirl.

Say you’re JH. The sale is final. You’re ready and willing to start making changes. What do you fix first:
Team training facilities?
Secure stadium location, design, funding?
GM / Management overhaul?
Fan experience?
Community outreach?
Name change?
Alumni affairs?
something else?

I think I’d upgrade facilities first bc the players make you your money, and be as transparent as possible with the fans like in Leonsis’s early days with the caps (“we are going to be really bad for a while, but I promise if you stick with us we’ll build a consistent winner.”)

I think I’d make as many public appearances as possible with Magic, the message being “we hear you, we aren’t Snyder, we want you back.”

I think I’d immediately meet with as many willing alumni as possible, and start repairing that relationship.

I think I’d do my damndest to meet with DC officials to try to secure the RFK site for a future state of the art stadium.
Chiller was absolutely F'n right! Way to kill it... :nod:

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First one to go ought to be Wright. Whom the league forced this team to hire and he’s fucked up about everything he’s had his hands on
first one he gets rid of should be riveria.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first one he gets rid of should be riveria.
There’s a lot worse than RR. These players seem to like and respect the guy. They definitely play hard for him. He appears to be a great motivator for them. He doesn’t need to be gm and coach though