• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What kinda QB do you want

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be nice, but after saying that to myself for about 5 seasons running now, I'm done.

I sure get that sentiment. Don't think there is anything the Bears can do about it this next year, in fact I doubt the year after that as well. Not real keen on this crop of QB's. The only ones really being talked about we aren't drafting due to our positioning in the draft. Which means next years draft.

Heck, I'm not even liking what's out there for DE, S, DT, LB'rs... This is a mediocre draft which figures.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pickles!

I was being sarcastic because everyone would want a pocket passer....

Running QB's tend to get killed. Not always, Wilson, Kaepernick, but RG III and Newton are examples of injured QB's who are runners. Vick back in the day as well.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Running QB's tend to get killed. Not always, Wilson, Kaepernick, but RG III and Newton are examples of injured QB's who are runners. Vick back in the day as well.

Yes, your comparison of black running quarterbacks is duly noted, but in all honesty, Vick was never treated like a quarterback and teams were allowed to hit him, even more after his sentence. I have a feeling these pussy rules are bound to change eventually where any player with the football is a runner when they choose to advance past the line of scrimmage. Protect the hell out of them when they are running around attempting to pass, but the bullshit of faking and not going out of bounds to gain 5 or 10 more yards is bound to change so running is bound to change. Maybe they just put a flag on the quarterback for when they cross the line of scrimmage.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to believe we'll just move on and find the best QB we've had in the Super Bowl era… but uh… yeah, I don't know.

I have a weird feeling Jay is going to have is best season as a Bear. No reason, just a gut feeling. Something that would happen to the Bears, just to confuse everyone even more.
I think the Bears are gonna have a good season and Jay will be there. He might even contribute. Now that I gave up on him he is sure to suck me back in.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The modern NFL is not a "either/or". Guys like Rodgers and Luck are classic examples of this, they do some of their best passing on the move, outside of the pocket.

And I don't know why you think running QBs have somehow been discredited, they've been extremely successful lately. Russell Wilson is - according to any statistical measure - a textbook running QB, and he's shooting for his second Super Bowl. Others have done very well. They aren't all Tebows.

That being said, I'd prefer an in-between guy than a purely pocket or run-heavy guy.
RW is the only running QB that stays healthy and that is because he is smart enough to not take hits. I felt Cam with his size also, but he broke down last year too.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler is not a winner and does not have the winners attitude. He can make plays, but he's not a winner. He never has been, I doubt he ever will be.

Need a guy who doesn't have to be the best player/arm in the world, but when the game is on the line is someone you can look at and know he's going to win the game. That takes a certain attitude and disposition about things.

All I see from Culter instead of being a winner is a loser defeatist attitude and it shows in the results on the field despite putting up decent stats.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler is not a winner and does not have the winners attitude. He can make plays, but he's not a winner. He never has been, I doubt he ever will be.

Need a guy who doesn't have to be the best player/arm in the world, but when the game is on the line is someone you can look at and know he's going to win the game. That takes a certain attitude and disposition about things.

All I see from Culter instead of being a winner is a loser defeatist attitude and it shows in the results on the field despite putting up decent stats.
Cutler is not a winner = post of the year.

Chasin' Utleys

Uber Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty simple. can run but more importantly knows when to run, accuracy more important than how hard he can throw, leader, competitor. patient. I am hoping he is on the roster this year training, two more years of cutler.

I would say it would be most advantageous to get the best QB in the draft that played football in the Rust Belt, given Chicago's weather.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say it would be most advantageous to get the best QB in the draft that played football in the Rust Belt, given Chicago's weather.
I don't think weather matters. AR plays in GB and is from Cali.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we do move on from Cutler what kind of QB are you hoping for? Me I like the old school pocket passer. I don't want a running QB. While a QB that can run when the play breaks down is nice, I hate a QB who looks to run. This fad of running QBs the last 5 years has shown itself to be a bad ideal. What are you guys hoping for?

This is exactly what I want.........Cam Newton/Russell Wilson type qb...

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

newton plays his heart out..i don`t remember him missing any playing time due to injuries,other than his truck flipping over.

if Carolina had any wrs and o-line,he`d be a dangerous weapon to have.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we're at it, can we solve world peace. Seems so simple.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously I'm not a fan of this thread- and here's why: We have a QB... he's signed for 6 more years.
Trying to talk about what you would want in a QB when we had a voluminous amount of nobody's before Jay...was one thing. If we were a fandom of the Titans, Browns, or Bills... I could see the reason for this thread.
You can hate him- that's your right... you can complain about him...fine. IF in the next year or two or three or whatever there comes a time when Jay Cutler is no longer ON the ROSTER. I'll freely join you guys. But what's the point? Honestly... what does this do for anyone?

C

cubzzzfanincali

Obviously I'm not a fan of this thread- and here's why: We have a QB... he's signed for 6 more years.
Trying to talk about what you would want in a QB when we had a voluminous amount of nobody's before Jay...was one thing. If we were a fandom of the Titans, Browns, or Bills... I could see the reason for this thread.
You can hate him- that's your right... you can complain about him...fine. IF in the next year or two or three or whatever there comes a time when Jay Cutler is no longer ON the ROSTER. I'll freely join you guys. But what's the point? Honestly... what does this do for anyone?

so we are forbidden from discussing QBs other than Jay Cutler because you can't imagine the team without him?

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so we are forbidden from discussing QBs other than Jay Cutler because you can't imagine the team without him?

Wow, HA of course it's Cali to chime in with his typical "The board vs Joey reply" ... do you even understand what I write? I didn't say anything of the sort. I said I didn't like the thread theme... blinded by the bullshit! Instead of rehashing the same We hate Jay Cutler BS...it's this. Ugh I hate the off season.
Can you answer the question? What's the point of this thread? Really- do something for once Cali, instead of trying to show me up all the time. It's just sad.

C

cubzzzfanincali

dude, all this thread is is discussing what we would want instead. You don't need to be so sensitive. Even you must have things you would prefer in a QB aside from what Cutler gives us. What are they Joey? What more do you want from Jay? Aside from what the posters on your bedroom wall provide, of course.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want a guy that reads defenses as well as Manning. A guy as accurate as Rodgers. A guy that comes through in the games that really matter like Brady. A guy that can scramble like Vick. An intense competitor like Rivers. A guy that others will want to win for like Montana. And a guy that will last for a long time in the league like Testeverde.