• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Were the books cooked in San Fran?

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard a lot of talk about this so; I figured I would bring it up.

With the extra down to convert the TD, the blatant non-call on the Boldin's push off to get open on 4th down (extended the drive and essentially helped in killing the clock with 3 minutes to go) and the player laying on the ground hugging the leg of that blond haired hippy dude that does the FatHead commercials. Does anyone else feel the books were cooked? Maybe it was just a few bad calls but, they were all very essential in the 9er's win.

Is that you killer? Ahemm, I mean Ray?

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just what part of my post are you having trouble making sense of?

1. That the League is covering their ass?
  2. That you can't officially challenge (during a game) a thrown flag.
  3. That it should have been 4th and 2 by rule?
  4. That Mike McCarthy should have challenged the spot of the ball?
You are seeing this through Red and Gold goggles.

I have no real dog in this fight outside of being a Rams fan.

Actually don't like Matthews, while he is a very talented player, I think he is a cheap shot and a chump too.

What you are failing to see through your color tinted goggles are these facts...
  • Bad calls have and will continue to be called and enforced only the incorrect enforcement can be challenged.
  • The League will always cover their ass in these types of cases.
  • It's no ones fault but the Pack for not challenging the spot of the ball.
  • Niner's by rule were gifted an additional down by an improper enforcement of the rules.

A Rams fan talking about team colored glasses? Like you could possibly considered unbiased in your opinion. You're free to post whatever nonsense you can drum up but don't ever think it will be viewed as anything other than a Rams fan trying to slight the 49ers.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game is over, nothing changes. There could have been a few more flags thrown on that sideline too, who cares. Matthews threw punches huh? open handed palm up punches :) what are you a bunch of girls. Staley should have been flagged and was for running and locking up with a player, it's as aggressive as anything else that happened. or how about #81 coming in and ripping a GB player away and spinning him around by his facemask on the left side of the group. Want to ignore that too? Act like SF was so innocent in all of it. There was more than enough there for it to be offsetting dead ball fouls. 4th down.

GB had opportunities and squandered them. They had a few 3 and outs when they have an offense that should rarely have those, but they had 4 or 5 at least.

They continually put themselves in holes, poor starting field position because of stupid return decisions and penalties again. For most of the game they battled thru that, but came up short.

I'm excited to see the 9er's again. I'd like to think the middle of the field won't be so wide open when we get 2 guys back that accounted for 10 or more INT"s last year on defense in the defensive backfield but we'll have to wait and see on that.

I have no problem with the hit on Kap by Matthews. If matthews doesn't leave his feet from where he is at, if Kap decided to keep running, he gets more yards. Kap can run his mouth, they won. But he layed down like a punk a few times too. I'm sure that gets under players skin. He's talented enough for sure, talks crap, and also uses rules to protect himself when his body can't cash checks. I think you see him get hit a few times and some pressure he'll shut right up again. It's pretty much the type of person he is. a talented punk.

It's a long season though, this was week 1. I'm not too excited or down, just disappointed in the loss.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game is over, nothing changes. There could have been a few more flags thrown on that sideline too, who cares. Matthews threw punches huh? open handed palm up punches :) what are you a bunch of girls. Staley should have been flagged and was for running and locking up with a player, it's as aggressive as anything else that happened. or how about #81 coming in and ripping a GB player away and spinning him around by his facemask on the left side of the group. Want to ignore that too? Act like SF was so innocent in all of it. There was more than enough there for it to be offsetting dead ball fouls. 4th down.

GB had opportunities and squandered them. They had a few 3 and outs when they have an offense that should rarely have those, but they had 4 or 5 at least.

They continually put themselves in holes, poor starting field position because of stupid return decisions and penalties again. For most of the game they battled thru that, but came up short.

I'm excited to see the 9er's again. I'd like to think the middle of the field won't be so wide open when we get 2 guys back that accounted for 10 or more INT"s last year on defense in the defensive backfield but we'll have to wait and see on that.

I have no problem with the hit on Kap by Matthews. If matthews doesn't leave his feet from where he is at, if Kap decided to keep running, he gets more yards. Kap can run his mouth, they won. But he layed down like a punk a few times too. I'm sure that gets under players skin. He's talented enough for sure, talks crap, and also uses rules to protect himself when his body can't cash checks. I think you see him get hit a few times and some pressure he'll shut right up again. It's pretty much the type of person he is. a talented punk.

It's a long season though, this was week 1. I'm not too excited or down, just disappointed in the loss.

applause-gif-3.gif

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Rams fan talking about team colored glasses? Like you could possibly considered unbiased in your opinion. You're free to post whatever nonsense you can drum up but don't ever think it will be viewed as anything other than a Rams fan trying to slight the 49ers.
So the only 'fact' you want to dispute is the one where I state I don't have a dog in the fight?

Come on, speak to some of the specific football points I made and try making a counter point outside of the homer point you made.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, they had to make SF fans feel good after getting embarrassed in the SB. :lol:

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL on Monday stated that 49ers left tackle Joe Staley’s actions after rushing over to protect Colin Kaepernick did not warrant an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

“After reviewing the play, Vice President of Officiating Dean Blandino determined that Joe Staley should not have been penalized,” an NFL spokesman said in a statement.

So the 49ers should have been awarded a first-and-goal at the Packers 3-yard line after Packers outside linebacker Clay Matthews illegally hit Kaepernick after he stepped out of bounds at the 6-yard line.

NFL: Staley should not have been penalized | CSN Bay Area

So the VP of officiating has to overrule his own refs on a personal foul unsportsmanlike? That's pretty chickenshit by any measure, can anyone cite precedence? In any case, McCarthy should have noticed the failure to reset the down and thrown a red for whatever valid complaint he could muster.

That being said, GB was playing from behind and never made the critical stop when the game was on the line, Kaep was too sharp, and Boldin just showed what a huge mistake the Ravens made letting him walk. Overall it was an excellent game, worthy of an opening day afternoon, lots of good play and hard hits, what a way to start the season, kudos.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should have been penalized regardless of what the VP of officiated stated. You retaliate, you get flagged that's how it should be. It didn't matter anyway. Mistakes happen all the time, especially in a situation like that sideline brawl. Who is to say that the 49ers wouldn't have gone for it on 4th and whatever and scored anyway?

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. The NFL came out today and said the error on that mathews late hit and ensuing scuffle was giving a penalty to Staley at all. It should have been first and goal at the 3 yard line.
  2. blatant no call? what a crock. It wasn't blatant, and to act like that changed the outcome is hilarious.
  3. You should really worry about the ravens. Because they really suck.

This is NOT what the NFL said. They said that since the hit on Kap and the scuffle occurred AFTER the play was over, all of it was dead ball foul and therefore it should have been 4th down.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is NOT what the NFL said. They said that since the hit on Kap and the scuffle occurred AFTER the play was over, all of it was dead ball foul and therefore it should have been 4th down.

The head official even said the above when the commentators brought him in

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it rather humorous that a fan of a team that won a Super Bowl due to HORRENDOUS officiating is spouting off about a single play with very questionable officiating in a game that he has no rooting interest in.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the fact that Matthews should have been ejected for a clothesline late-hit and for swinging multiple times at Staley?

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or how about ejecting boldin for grabbing the back of a helmet and the face mask and trying to rip a players head off? See we can both be women about this :) Face it, there was more than enough happening on that sideline for offsetting dead ball fouls. They called it correctly and enforced it incorrectly. The game is over, move on.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why the hell is this so hard for some people to understand?

THE NFL RELEASED A STATMENT TODAY SAYING STALEY SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN PENALIZED. THIS IS THEIR LATEST COMMENT ON IT.

Joe Staley shouldn't have been penalized, NFL says - NFL.com

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday that Dean Blandino, NFL vice president of officiating, reviewed the fracas between the teams following Clay Matthews' late hit and determined that 49ers left tackle Joe Staley shouldn't have been penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct. In other words, there never should have been offsetting penalties on Matthews and Staley in the first place. It should have been first-and-goal for the 49ers at the 3-yard line.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and why do you deny the 49'ers commiting more than enough infractions on that sideline to get a flag?

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or how about ejecting boldin for grabbing the back of a helmet and the face mask and trying to rip a players head off? See we can both be women about this :) Face it, there was more than enough happening on that sideline for offsetting dead ball fouls. They called it correctly and enforced it incorrectly. The game is over, move on.

The reason we are talking about it is only because some people are crying like little bitches and acting like GB got screwed. So tell them to move on.

Secondly, you are wrong, if they called it correctly, the NFL wouldn't come out and say they didn't call it correctly.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and why do you deny the 49'ers commiting more than enough infractions on that sideline to get a flag?

Name on infraction? The NFL reviewed it and didn't see anything that should have drawn a flag by staley, who else committed a penalty after Mathews cheap shot?

I love how your clinging to this though.... you are embarrassing your integrity.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uh uh colonel sander's you're wrong :)

So, we'll just say Staley didn't deserve a flag, though I think he clearly did. Bolding most definitely deserved one, or do you just ignore that???

I'm not surprised you do, you seem to be a poor sport, Very ungracious in victory, I'd hate to be around you in defeat.

catchbluefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing about you bunk, you are always good for bringing up one nfl conspiracy theory or another every month or so.

Sometimes things just happen.