• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Were the books cooked in San Fran?

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard a lot of talk about this so; I figured I would bring it up.

With the extra down to convert the TD, the blatant non-call on the Boldin's push off to get open on 4th down (extended the drive and essentially helped in killing the clock with 3 minutes to go) and the player laying on the ground hugging the leg of that blond haired hippy dude that does the FatHead commercials. Does anyone else feel the books were cooked? Maybe it was just a few bad calls but, they were all very essential in the 9er's win.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poppycock.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With the extra down to convert the TD, the blatant non-call on the Boldin's push off to get open on 4th down (extended the drive and essentially helped in killing the clock with 3 minutes to go) and the player laying on the ground hugging the leg of that blond haired hippy dude that does the FatHead commercials. Does anyone else feel the books were cooked? Maybe it was just a few bad calls but, they were all very essential in the 9er's win.

If you are talking about the offsetting personal fouls, that has been dismissed.

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the NFL clarified that they made the right call on the off setting penalties?

That's good to hear.

FYI, I am not trying to knock either team because I have no vested interest in the game. I was just making conversation.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. The NFL came out today and said the error on that mathews late hit and ensuing scuffle was giving a penalty to Staley at all. It should have been first and goal at the 3 yard line.
  2. blatant no call? what a crock. It wasn't blatant, and to act like that changed the outcome is hilarious.
  3. You should really worry about the ravens. Because they really suck.

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you didn't see Boldin push off on that 4th and 2 you were not watching the game. And, to say it had no effect on that game, is just as stupid. It kept the ball in possession of the 49er's with 3 minutes to go in the game allowing them to kill valuable time.

When you learn a thing or two about football you can come back and talk.

Also, this has nothing to do with how bad the Ravens played last week. Just keep on remembering what they did to your team the last two times they faced off and stay bitter.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you didn't see Boldin push off on that 4th and 2 you were not watching the game. And, to say it had no effect on that game, is just as stupid. It kept the ball in possession of the 49er's with 3 minutes to go in the game allowing them to kill valuable time.

When you learn a thing or two about football you can come back and talk.

Also, this has nothing to do with how bad the Ravens played last week. Just keep on remembering what they did to your team the last two times they faced off and stay bitter.

This has nothing to do with how bad the ravens played? Uh, yeah ok buddy, sure it doesn't. Your just bemoaning the minor uncalled fouls and totally blowing your pro green bay assessment of the "offsetting penalties" because officiating in games your team and even your conference aren't participating in is so important to you.

here is some reading for you tough guy....

NFL: Staley should not have been penalized | CSN Bay Area

Now go ahead and make us laugh and tell us that some minor push off even comes close to a blown call in which the niners should have had a first down on the 3 yard line instead of a 3rd and long.

BTW, if anyone should be bitter, its Ravens fans for their organization letting Boldin go. He had a lot more to do with Baltimore's third down success last year than Flacco did. And I think that was on full display this past week in both the ravens and 49er games. Its over brah.... Ravens are done.

Last edited by a moderator:

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has nothing to do with how bad the ravens played? Uh, yeah ok buddy, sure it doesn't. Your just bemoaning the minor uncalled fouls and totally blowing your pro green bay assessment of the "offsetting penalties" because officiating in games your team and even your conference aren't participating in is so important to you.

here is some reading for you tough guy....

NFL: Staley should not have been penalized | CSN Bay Area

Now go ahead and make us laugh and tell us that some minor push off even comes close to a blown call in which the niners should have had a first down on the 3 yard line instead of a 3rd and long.

BTW, if anyone should be bitter, its Ravens fans for their organization letting Boldin go. He had a lot more to do with Baltimore's third down success last year than Flacco did. And I think that was on full display this past week in both the ravens and 49er games. Its over brah.... Ravens are done.

The niners scored on the ensuing play making that blown call moot.

Now go ahead and tell me you weren't worried about giving the ball back to Rodgers with 3 minutes left

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The niners scored on the ensuing play making that blown call moot.

Now go ahead and tell me you weren't worried about giving the ball back to Rodgers with 3 minutes left

I was definitely worried about rodgers getting the ball back with three minutes. But just like the niners had a call go against them, if Boldin did in fact push off, the packers should have overcome that like the niners did...

The point is, that sometimes the refs fuck up, and the better team will overcome those fuck ups. The niners overcame an officiating fuck up, so why whine about some minor little push off when there was clearly contact on boldin past five yards?

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was definitely worried about rodgers getting the ball back with three minutes. But just like the niners had a call go against them, if Boldin did in fact push off, the packers should have overcome that like the niners did...

The point is, that sometimes the refs fuck up, and the better team will overcome those fuck ups. The niners overcame an officiating fuck up, so why whine about some minor little push off when there was clearly contact on boldin past five yards?

lol, you obviously know nothing about football.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, you obviously know nothing about football.

Obviously you can't counter my point with anything resembling a reasonable response. so you just throw around insults.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the NFL clarified that they made the right call on the off setting penalties?

That's good to hear.

FYI, I am not trying to knock either team because I have no vested interest in the game. I was just making conversation.
No they're just covering their ass.

Bad calls (Flags) are made all the time and whether you want to argue the offsetting PF's or not, it is irrelevant to the fact those were the calls that were made. Neither the Head Coach of either team can throw the red flag on a bad call so the issue here was it was incorrectly enforced.

It should have been 4th down and 2.

I'd like to note Mike McCarthy had the ability to throw the red flag at that point and challenge the spot of the ball which would have in turn corrected the down as well.

Here's the story...

Referee admits mistake, 49ers capitalize with TD | CSN Bay Area

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously you can't counter my point with anything resembling a reasonable response. so you just throw around insults.

When the quarterback leaves the pocket you cannot get called for illegal contact. I figured this was well known. Apparently not.

Please go back to playing John Madden football and leave the football talk to real fans.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they're just covering their ass.

Bad calls (Flags) are made all the time and whether you want to argue the offsetting PF's or not, it is irrelevant to the fact those were the calls that were made. Neither the Head Coach of either team can throw the red flag on a bad call so the issue here was it was incorrectly enforced.

It should have been 4th down and 2.

I'd like to note Mike McCarthy had the ability to throw the red flag at that point and challenge the spot of the ball which would have in turn corrected the down as well.

Here's the story...

Referee admits mistake, 49ers capitalize with TD | CSN Bay Area

That makes no sense. My link is a story about the NFL making a statement about the call and the conclusion they came to. The NFL came out and said point blank the blown call was the one on Staley. He shouldn't have been penalized and the correct call would have placed the ball on the 3 yard line with first and goal for the 49ers.

Also, its at least arguable that Mathews should have been ejected for punching Staley and grabbing his face mask.

Imabigfan440

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big Sunday night game next week is what again? The Hawks also got some favorable calls toward the end of their game against the Panthers. It's like pro wrestling in that the league needs both teams to go into a big money game like that looking strong(equals more viewers).

People keep forgetting that the NFL is first and foremost a business.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the quarterback leaves the pocket you cannot get called for illegal contact. I figured this was well known. Apparently not.

Then what are you complaining about?

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL on Monday stated that 49ers left tackle Joe Staley’s actions after rushing over to protect Colin Kaepernick did not warrant an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

“After reviewing the play, Vice President of Officiating Dean Blandino determined that Joe Staley should not have been penalized,” an NFL spokesman said in a statement.

So the 49ers should have been awarded a first-and-goal at the Packers 3-yard line after Packers outside linebacker Clay Matthews illegally hit Kaepernick after he stepped out of bounds at the 6-yard line.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/nfl-staley-should-not-have-been-penalized

SoPortland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop man. This is too hard for people to comprehend.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes no sense. My link is a story about the NFL making a statement about the call and the conclusion they came to. The NFL came out and said point blank the blown call was the one on Staley. He shouldn't have been penalized and the correct call would have placed the ball on the 3 yard line with first and goal for the 49ers.

Also, its at least arguable that Mathews should have been ejected for punching Staley and grabbing his face mask.
Just what part of my post are you having trouble making sense of?

1. That the League is covering their ass?
  2. That you can't officially challenge (during a game) a thrown flag.
  3. That it should have been 4th and 2 by rule?
  4. That Mike McCarthy should have challenged the spot of the ball?
You are seeing this through Red and Gold goggles.

I have no real dog in this fight outside of being a Rams fan.

Actually don't like Matthews, while he is a very talented player, I think he is a cheap shot and a chump too.

What you are failing to see through your color tinted goggles are these facts...
  • Bad calls have and will continue to be called and enforced only the incorrect enforcement can be challenged.
  • The League will always cover their ass in these types of cases.
  • It's no ones fault but the Pack for not challenging the spot of the ball.
  • Niner's by rule were gifted an additional down by an improper enforcement of the rules.