• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why the Offense Will (or Won't) be Improved in 2016

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One could easily assume a worst or similar offense in 2016 which was a bad lower 1/3 offense with maybe 4/5 of a new Oline, the QB brand new to the system and has 108 turnovers in 75 games or has some familiarity but has never taken a real snap in the NFL or a flat out rookie . If Manning had trouble, I could easily see Sanchez, Siemian or Lynch having issues in the first year.

I think the trouble happened for a few reasons...

1) Sorry I am the list guy. For Manning he was dealing with a whole new coaching staff that wanted to implement their language into the offense where Manning wanted to stick with his. I was reading up actually on some of this about how Manning's offense when the WR and Manning see something the defense is doing asks the WR to run a different route compared to that of Kubiak's. So there was a lot of miscommunication of what route the WR was supposed to run. I do think this lead to DT having his down year with him just thinking too much of having to take away 3 years of offense that he had learned plus the fact that he missed most of the off season because of contract issues.

2) OL suffered injuries throughout the year. We saw Mathis miss time, Sambrailo go down what week 2 or 3, Vasquez miss I would say 75% of all practices because of rehabbing in between games. So when your OL has inconsistencies of who is practicing it leads to a lot of inconsistencies and miscommunications which again is a huge part of Manning trying to run the show.

3) Part of the problem for Manning was just his lack of physical ability. Since he couldn't throw it 15 yards with any kind of accuracy it limits what he can do even with his incredible brain. So that limits our play book and what we can do in both the run and pass. Throw in a staple of the Kubiak system is the bootleg from under Center to do 2 things...1) open up the backside cut lane for the running game and 2) maybe get a big play out of the pass game catching the defense napping. With no fear of Manning getting to the outside and being able to throw it deep that back side DE could crash hard limiting the holes our RB's could run through.

4) Have to remember we switched up our offense after week 1 and tried to go to a hybrid system that better fit Manning. Then when Manning got hurt and Osweiler came in we tried to switch it back to the original scheme. Since all 3 QB's this year can run the same scheme we shouldn't have that issue of confusion of what offensive system we are running.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos offense will improve because I have written a large number of letters that begin:

"Dear Mr. Elway and Mr. Kubiak,"

Congratulations on winning the Super Bowl. I write you concerned - as last year ,- I spent 100% on the Denver Broncos - and all I got in return was a high performing defense and excellent special teams work, but an incompetent Offense from week one to the Super Bowl. This amounted to - according to my figures - only a 66% return on my Bronco investment. Now I have to wear the personal embarrassment that goes with being wrong when I told my football friends that John Elway and Gary Kubiak were two of the most brilliant offensive football minds the world has every seen.

Gentlemen, this was not an historically bad offense - this offense clearly wasn't good even to earn the name "bad offense." We the undersigned - do hereby inform you sirs - that you are on notice to improve the Oline - set up the run offense behind CJ Anderson - Get Sanchez out of the Philadelphia gutter he fell in and tell that no talent kid from Northwestern to prepare to start - than draft a top QB like the kid from Memphis.

If repairs to this problem are not made this season - I will only send the Denver Broncos 66% of what you say you owe me.

Thanks,

LGM