• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 9: Seahawks @ Ravens. 10/1 CBS/CTV

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Seattle is right there in that area with the Titans/Steelers/Rams as far as how good they are. I only put the Rams in that group because they THUMPED us at home. I think Seattle is better than Washington and the Cards and worse than San Fran/Dallas/Eagles. If i had to Guess their record in those games i'm going 4-5 With Geno playing good at QB, 2-7 if he plays like normal Geno.
if geno plays like he did today against washington, stick a fork in em. they wont be winning more the arizona game and MAYBE tennessee

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walker had the worst running game he's had since the Tampa game last year.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long plane ride home.... I think the ONLY person I can say that played well was Mafe? Dickson? Williams looked pretty good for recently moving. Everyone else looked like they were asleep.

I can find SOME bright spots on defense... I can't find any bright spots on offense. I said it before this game that Waldron was really on the hook here for drafting up plays that helped our guys play to their strengths and help our OL... Waldron might as well have not even been there. HORRIBLY called offensive game and terrible gameplan. Zero assistance on blocking by tight ends, constant spread offense, runs just smash up the gut instead of any outside creativity, no screens on blitzes, no quick development routes. I blame Waldron more than Smith on this offenses performance. IMO he moves to the hot seat with this and has ZERO chance of becoming a head coach next year.

I saw some really good play designs, I saw some they should throw in the garbage. Geno really missed a chance for a Short pass to turn into a TD. They had stacks on both sides and the Ravens sent one of the CB's on a blitz ( and he showed it before the snap ) and Geno handed the ball off on a Run pass option. He had two WR guarded by 1 CB and no one else over there and both out sides did WR screens plays, the Strong Safety was in the box and the other safety was rolled over to the other side.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw some really good play designs, I saw some they should throw in the garbage. Geno really missed a chance for a Short pass to turn into a TD. They had stacks on both sides and the Ravens sent one of the CB's on a blitz ( and he showed it before the snap ) and Geno handed the ball off on a Run pass option. He had two WR guarded by 1 CB and no one else over there as the Safety was in the box and the other safety was rolled over to the other side.

Yes that was one play Screamin... that still doesn't excuse < 2 yards on the run let alone the multiple other times we were basically running a spread offense...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno smiths 3rd down Passer rating is so bad, He is completing 50% of his passes for a average of 4.8 yards. He has thrown 4 picks and has a 5.6% INT ratio to a 2.8% TD ( or a 2 to 1 INT/TD ratio BARF! ) and a 49.9 rating ... Uhm .... yeah

I actually feel some of us could do better. lol

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes that was one play Screamin... that still doesn't excuse < 2 yards on the run let alone the multiple other times we were basically running a spread offense...
Yeah Romo mentioned that he should thrown instead. Not sure that was even an option on that play and it almost certainly wasn't going to be a TD.

We just failed to call proper blitz beater plays. I don't know if it is because Waldron wouldn't call them or Geno wasn't able to make those quick throws.

the batted balls was weird as well.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How bad is Geno Smiths 14 QB rating? In 2009, the Browns played the Bills. QB D. Anderson was 2-17 for 23 yards and an INT with a 15.1 Rating.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno smiths 3rd down Passer rating is so bad, He is completing 50% of his passes for a average of 4.8 yards. He has thrown 4 picks and has a 5.6% INT ratio to a 2.8% TD ( or a 2 to 1 INT/TD ratio BARF! ) and a 49.9 rating ... Uhm .... yeah

I actually feel some of us could do better. lol
It was maddening to watch all those 3rd and long plays where Geno would see a bit of pressure, panic, and dump the ball off to someone standing 1 yard from the line of scrimmage with zero chance of converting to a first down. We may as well have just punted on third downs yesterday.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was maddening to watch all those 3rd and long plays where Geno would see a bit of pressure, panic, and dump the ball off to someone standing 1 yard from the line of scrimmage with zero chance of converting to a first down. We may as well have just punted on third downs yesterday.

I think the play where I fully gave up was when Walker finally had a good run for a 1st down and it was called back on a hold by Brown. That's when I realized it was all futile.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even Baker Mayfield could have saved the Hawks yesterday. Or Carr, or whatever crap QB was named.

Anyways, total shit game top to bottom. Not going to over analyze this since it was a complete failure so throw the tapes in the trash, get healthy and fucking come out of the gates with some pride next Sunday.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even Baker Mayfield could have saved the Hawks yesterday. Or Carr, or whatever crap QB was named.

Anyways, total shit game top to bottom. Not going to over analyze this since it was a complete failure so throw the tapes in the trash, get healthy and fucking come out of the gates with some pride next Sunday.
That's how I feel... It was a complete failure in all facets of the offense... Geno, OL, running game, game plan, play calls = complete disaster... Geno making bad decisions, hanging onto the ball too long, not reading blitzes and moving guys around correctly to the OL not picking up blitzes; to the play calls where they're getting to Geno quickly and we're running 10 yard + routes for most of the game... TE sets? Non existent... Where were our TE's? That's on the coaching staff... Were they just wanting to get JSN going?

Everyone was at fault on the offensive side of the ball yesterday...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's how I feel... It was a complete failure in all facets of the offense... Geno, OL, running game, game plan, play calls = complete disaster... Geno making bad decisions, hanging onto the ball too long, not reading blitzes and moving guys around correctly to the OL not picking up blitzes; to the play calls where they're getting to Geno quickly and we're running 10 yard + routes for most of the game... TE sets? Non existent... Where were our TE's? That's on the coaching staff... Were they just wanting to get JSN going?

Everyone was at fault on the offensive side of the ball yesterday...
Agreed! 10 weeks in with film and that's the best gameplan coaches can come up with against a really good Balt defense? No one said this was an easy game but hell have some pride after getting punched in the mouth a few times in the 2nd quarter but instead rolled over and quit. 6 days to get their shit together with Washington flying in.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barf!
13/28 (46% completion), 157 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT, 1 fumble, 4 sacks for 34 yards lost, 14.5 QBR, 49.3 passer rating.

Add to those spectacular passing stats our 28 total yards rushing for a 1.9 yards/attempt average and our 5 penalties and one extra fumble and you see why we were routed. What a disaster of a game. I usually re-watch every Seahawk game and skip the commercials and huddles so it only takes an hour, but I never want to see any part of this game ever again. Pete Carroll should do a symbolic burial of the game film at the VMAC practice facility at this weeks practice.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody on the offense played well but Waldron was to blame for that offensive performance as well. No answer for the blitz, just goofy spread style offense, no tight end sets to help the run... was just a shitty gameplan. Geno looked absolutely panicked back there as a result.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitchel had 13.5 ypc. I'm not sure we stopped him for fewer than 5 yards the entire game.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle looked like a Tecmo Bowl team yesterday.

4 plays on offense to pick from. HB up the gut, HB delay, WR out routes, WR home run balls deep. And that was it lol.

As for the defense, I guess we just kept picking the pass defense options in the play select screen and forgot to ever select the run plays to counter them :pound:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle looked like a Tecmo Bowl team yesterday.

4 plays on offense to pick from. HB up the gut, HB delay, WR out routes, WR home run balls deep. And that was it lol.

As for the defense, I guess we just kept picking the pass defense options in the play select screen and forgot to ever select the run plays to counter them :pound:
Also looked like the Ravens offense had the turbo boost available every single play because our defense couldn't tackle for the life of them... And i'm tired of watching Woolen try to tackle by leading with his shoulder every time w/out trying to wrap up their legs or body...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody on the offense played well but Waldron was to blame for that offensive performance as well. No answer for the blitz, just goofy spread style offense, no tight end sets to help the run... was just a shitty gameplan. Geno looked absolutely panicked back there as a result.
You'd think at halftime throw out the shitty game plan and try something different to try and get a spark or something positive to work with.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd think at halftime throw out the shitty game plan and try something different to try and get a spark or something positive to work with.

Pete: "What can we do here Shane to give the offense a boost?"
Shane: "Hmm.... well I can sub out the HB delay for the curl routes?"
Pete: "Got it, we still have the 4 plays though?"
Shane: "Oh yah, still only 4 plays to choose from!"
Pete: "....... DO IT!"

1.5 hours later:

Pete: "Well we just didn't execute on offense very well today, but we're working on it!"
Reporters: *look around nervously*