• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 9: Seahawks @ Ravens. 10/1 CBS/CTV

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 345320

the rest of this schedule is brutal, especially weeks 11-15.
Washington is 4-5 but I doubt be walk all over them, the rams seems to have our number, tennessee has been looking better with levis playing and pittsburgh isnt a slouch.

I think Seattle is right there in that area with the Titans/Steelers/Rams as far as how good they are. I only put the Rams in that group because they THUMPED us at home. I think Seattle is better than Washington and the Cards and worse than San Fran/Dallas/Eagles. If i had to Guess their record in those games i'm going 4-5 With Geno playing good at QB, 2-7 if he plays like normal Geno.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This loss is gonna linger… This is the most lopsided loss we’ve had in a long time, just an ugly loss … My fear of Geno returning back to a perennial backup after we paid him is becoming a reality, slowly but surely… Defense also gave up over 500 yards, but the offense gets some blame for leaving them out there constantly…

Offense left them out there a LOT and did nothing to fire them up. The Defense would make a big play the offense would give it right back. That group was dejected. I feel badly for the defense. That is a VERY good Ravens team and had the offense been able to do their part the Ravens offense wouldn't have had as many points. Hawks offense wasn't even on the field for 20 minutes, The defense was on the field for over 40 minutes.

A defense that gives up 100 yards per 10 Minutes of ToP isn't a bad defense IF the Offense can keep the ball for 30 Minutes a game.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as todays game was fellas just think about the talent we have on this team. This will get better, there is NO WAY it won't. Yes Geno sucks but most of us knew that, some of us didn't want to believe that and the rest were just delusional. The Core of a powerful team is there and we are still playing "good" for a team that is not finished with the rebuild. yes there will be bumps in the road but man i love the talent we have on this team. This is 2011 just need to hit on another draft ( And get a real QB )and then the Hawks will be flying high.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 345320

the rest of this schedule is brutal, especially weeks 11-15.
Washington is 4-5 but I doubt be walk all over them, the rams seems to have our number, tennessee has been looking better with levis playing and pittsburgh isnt a slouch.
6-11 if we can manage in Arizona. That's all I see.

Sorry, but we're just not ready.

Time to go QB shopping for next season.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone saying that the reason we lost today was because of Geno didn't actually watch the game. He was bad today but he also had no time. Rushing less than 2 ypc. The coaches completely failed to
Game plan for this defense.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone saying that the reason we lost today was because of Geno didn't actually watch the game. He was bad today but he also had no time. Rushing less than 2 ypc. The coaches completely failed to

Delusional, Geno was 50% of the problem today and he is only 1 of 11 players. He had a WR Screen for a TD but couldn't read a blitz( And they showed it BEFORE the snap) , turned the ball over when the teams defense NEEDED a breather couldn't convert a 3rd down and can't see the field, Throws behind his WR not allowing them for YAC etc etc etc. Again you are deflecting. there were a lot of issues today and the BIGGEST one was Geno.

What the headlines are saying
" Geno Smith had maybe his worst game since taking over as Seattle’s starting quarterback last year"
Oh but it wasn't Geno's fault Am i right?

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Delusional, Geno was 50% of the problem today and he is only 1 of 11 players. He had a WR Screen for a TD but couldn't read a blitz( And they showed it BEFORE the snap) , turned the ball over when the teams defense NEEDED a breather couldn't convert a 3rd down and can't see the field, Throws behind his WR not allowing them for YAC etc etc etc. Again you are deflecting. there were a lot of issues today and the BIGGEST one was Geno.

What the headlines are saying
" Geno Smith had maybe his worst game since taking over as Seattle’s starting quarterback last year"
Oh but it wasn't Geno's fault Am i right?
So if we had Mahomes you think we win this game today?

It's like you are incapable of criticizing anyone on the team except for Geno

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Geno was bad. Epically bad. He couldn't read the defense to save his life - and there were times where a correct read would have done just that. Even when the line gave him time he made horrible decision and his passes were consistently off target. Really though, Geno just never seemed to make the right pre-snap read and always seemed surprised when the Ravens sent extra pressure - which happened a lot, and he missed it a lot.

That said, you're right. He wasn't the only reason this game was so bad. You're right, whatever the game plan was, it obviously failed completely. There's plenty of blame to go around.

Cross had a horrible day, and he's been a little off since coming back from injury. Maybe a Washington team that just got rid of their 2 best pass rushers could help him get his feet under him. The guards also ran into plenty of issues, as they completely fell apart anytime Baltimore ran a stunt - like they'd never seen one before. The line couldn't get push in the run game, though Baltimore's strength is up the middle and Seattle only likes to run it right up the gut, so that's no surprise.

This is the kind of game where you throw out the tape, cause there doesn't seem to be any reason to rehash this garbage anymore.

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like you are incapable of criticizing anyone on the team except for Geno
I just said he was 50% of the problem, do you know what that means? Obviously not. That means other people are at fault also. You just like to deflect and try to make it seem like i have a vendetta when i just call it like it is. LMAO! Defense forced TWO big turnovers in the first half Geno gave it right back to the Ravens.

Geno didn't over throw that? Lockett was covered with a player OVER the top and Geno THROWS it over the top wtf!?!?! He had another throw that should have been Intercepted but luckily it was dropped.

Defense forces a HUGE turn over at the end of the first half, that was a HUGE play had the offense been able to get something, anything to close the half, what happened? Geno fumbled and Ravens ended the Half scoring points. 7 drives that lasted 3 plays 5 of those Because Geno was off target or couldn't read a blitz/defense to save his life. Flyer tell me Geno can read a defense go right ahead and put that out there. Tell us all how you believe Geno can read a defense because THAT is one of his biggest issue ( turnovers is another one ) and like it or not it will show up EVERY week unless they go up tempo with timing patterns.

Geno smith has MORE TO than games played. He also based of his 2022 ( 3 to 1 TD to TO ) season was able to put his TD ahead of his TO's but guess what? Not no more.

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno is useless. I really wish he'd just get injured (he got paid, don't give me that "Shark wishing people injured" crap - I don't want the guy dead) and we could see Lock.

We're not going deep in the playoffs let alone locked in to make it. I don't think Lock is the answer either but out of my own morbid curiosity I'd like to see it lol.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Balt QB >>>>>>>>>>>>Sea QB LMFAO thats 100% Correct.

Balt QB 75.3 QBR for this game, thats not great but he was >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Than Geno Smith ( 14.4 ) :laugh3:

Geno has been so bad it's starting to become funny. Funny that he is still a starting QB, Funny he still has a job, Funny that people still try to say it's not his fault. NOT FUNNY that he could very easily derail our season .................

9 more games like today and we might be picking in the top 3. 9 more games like today and we will be 5-12.

Players with a higher rating than Geno on the season, 36.

Last edited:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as todays game was fellas just think about the talent we have on this team. This will get better, there is NO WAY it won't. Yes Geno sucks but most of us knew that, some of us didn't want to believe that and the rest were just delusional. The Core of a powerful team is there and we are still playing "good" for a team that is not finished with the rebuild. yes there will be bumps in the road but man i love the talent we have on this team. This is 2011 just need to hit on another draft ( And get a real QB )and then the Hawks will be flying high.

Lots of young good talent, it just kinda feels like when we had Tarvaris Jackson, he’s serviceable but you know he’s not that guy …

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of young good talent, it just kinda feels like when we had Tarvaris Jackson, he’s serviceable but you know he’s not that guy …

Jackson was better than Geno, sad but true. Shit i think Clipboard Jesus was better than Geno. :laugh3:

I really wanted Geno to prove that 2022 wasn't just a fluke and that just because he was super lucky last year he could still play well when he didn't have that luck. I love my Hawks and watching them lose hurts my soul, Watching them lose like they did today does more than just hurts my soul also. That defense is going to turn against the offense if this shit keeps happening. Thank god Bobby will keep them going in the right direction and wont let them turn.

Pete 100% needs to turn the QB job into a competition this week, maybe it will light a fire under Geno. He obviously can't motivate himself. The announcers said that Geno is always so optimistic, I think they are wrong the real thing is he doesn't care enough to let it bother him. He got paid thats all that mattered to him.

Last edited:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
geno does not rise to the challenge, he wilts. i hate to say this but i see this team losing more games than anticipated

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
geno does not rise to the challenge, he wilts. i hate to say this but i see this team losing more games than anticipated
If Geno doesn't rise to the occasion, our OL plays like they did today and our defense can't tackle the ball carrier, we definitely will lose quite a few more games...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long plane ride home.... I think the ONLY person I can say that played well was Mafe? Dickson? Williams looked pretty good for recently moving. Everyone else looked like they were asleep.

I can find SOME bright spots on defense... I can't find any bright spots on offense. I said it before this game that Waldron was really on the hook here for drafting up plays that helped our guys play to their strengths and help our OL... Waldron might as well have not even been there. HORRIBLY called offensive game and terrible gameplan. Zero assistance on blocking by tight ends, constant spread offense, runs just smash up the gut instead of any outside creativity, no screens on blitzes, no quick development routes. I blame Waldron more than Smith on this offenses performance. IMO he moves to the hot seat with this and has ZERO chance of becoming a head coach next year.