• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 9: Seahawks @ Ravens. 10/1 CBS/CTV

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel that in football games momentum is everything. It was a defense battle the first quarter but the moment the Ravens started moving the ball and built their confidence event after the Hawks stopped them. When we punted and then went 3 and out I could almost feel the anxiety and frustration on the defense. I wonder if the feeling on the field on the hawks side was that the offense was overmatched and the Ravens offense basically Pete Carroll'd us by keeping the ball on the ground.

Either way losing to a non conference opponent that is a great team isn't a bad loss. Losing at home to the Commander would be bad. Also these upcoming games against the 49ers and the away game with the Rams are key games we want to win.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the commies will be a tougher out than it should be, and the rams always have our number but they may be starting Carson wentz.

Can geno man up and beat the niners? The outlook is not good.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the commies will be a tougher out than it should be, and the rams always have our number but they may be starting Carson wentz.

Can geno man up and beat the niners? The outlook is not good.

If we don't beat the Commanders and Rams then we have no business even thinking about the playoffs.

Geno needs to play much better. Our offensive line needs to play much better. And our wide receivers need to practice so they can get in sync with Geno.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we don't beat the Commanders and Rams then we have no business even thinking about the playoffs.

Geno needs to play much better. Our offensive line needs to play much better. And our wide receivers need to practice so they can get in sync with Geno.

And Shane needs to call a better game tailored to Geno's strengths...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was on vacation the last couple weeks but saw the games... it was really early in this one where I was doubtful of any realistic chance to win based on how bad we were losing up front on offense. I am sure Geno took a lot of grief in here, and he certainly didn't play well, but we also couldn't run worth a shit. The numbers say the defense had a bad day, but they started out strong and probably had spillover from how poorly the offense was doing. As it was clear the O was going nowhere, the D started to fall off. It was a dud of a game, but at least it was an AFC opponent. Time to get right.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was on vacation the last couple weeks but saw the games... it was really early in this one where I was doubtful of any realistic chance to win based on how bad we were losing up front on offense. I am sure Geno took a lot of grief in here, and he certainly didn't play well, but we also couldn't run worth a shit. The numbers say the defense had a bad day, but they started out strong and probably had spillover from how poorly the offense was doing. As it was clear the O was going nowhere, the D started to fall off. It was a dud of a game, but at least it was an AFC opponent. Time to get right.

Shane Waldron also called a HORRIBLE offensive plan. Multiple spread sets, the run game was non-existent thanks to trying to stuff it up the middle 24/7, this Peters/Forsythe rotation has gotta fuckin' stop - PICK ONE! Hardly any tight end targets (for the 3rd straight game). Not sure what his obsession is with constantly marching Jaxon "I drop passes" Smith out there.. These elaborate long drawn out wide receiver routes, no answer for the blitz (even after halftime), playclock constantly going down to 0 instead of trying an up tempo or giving Geno 10 seconds to decide when to snap it.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane Waldron also called a HORRIBLE offensive plan. Multiple spread sets, the run game was non-existent thanks to trying to stuff it up the middle 24/7, this Peters/Forsythe rotation has gotta fuckin' stop - PICK ONE! Hardly any tight end targets (for the 3rd straight game). Not sure what his obsession is with constantly marching Jaxon "I drop passes" Smith out there.. These elaborate long drawn out wide receiver routes, no answer for the blitz (even after halftime), playclock constantly going down to 0 instead of trying an up tempo or giving Geno 10 seconds to decide when to snap it.
Almost never have a safety valve dump off option it seems to me. How many plays have every wr going on a deep route?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost never have a safety valve dump off option it seems to me. How many plays have every wr going on a deep route?

Tellin' ya man.. the routes just take too long... It's always sideline throws or out routes... there's zero quick slants, zero 5 yard run and SIT (every team in the NFL does it just fine against Seattle), Seattle has never been able to run a screen for the life of them, the tight ends have disappeared (9 targets in the last 3 games, 3 in each game), apparently the only run our backs are capable of is straight up the middle, there's no dump off passes, apparently nobody can read the blitz on this team (the Center, the QB, the RB, Waldron, Carroll, etc.).

I swear there's games where the DB will play like 7-8 yards off our guys because they know we're going deep. And what do we do? GO DEEP! FIRE IT ANYWAY GENO! Oh wait, you couldn't because we had 5-6 blockers and they blitzed 6.

I mean don't get me the wrong the OL has looked not great.

Cross = Don't know if he's not 100% after week 1 or if it's a confidence issue. He's certainly regressed from last year which is NOT good.
Lewis = Lewis is doing his best job to get the league minimum for a guard next year.... maybe again not 100%?
Brown = I mean... I guess it's better than Blythe but he's being shifted all over so not a lot of continuity.
Bradford = Rookie. Haynes = Never expected much anyway.
Forsythe/Peters = FUCKING PICK ONE. This rotation shit is fuckin' stupid as F.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, this offense is looking a lot like the Schottenheimer offense the year they "let" Russell cook. Everything's deep or it's a WR screen. The TEs have become a complete afterthought and I'm not sure I'm understanding the philosophy behind the tactics they're employing.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys the Hawks Play book is LOADED with short crossing routes. If a QB can't see them ( To short like Russ to see that middle short area ) then the other routes are the 15 to 25 yard type to keep the safeties out of that short zone. Don't just start assuming it's poor play design when i KNOW you all have seen the short game work. We got a broken offense right now and nothings working. If i had to make a guess on The plays we run I would say 90% of them all have at least 2 short routes ( Quick routes ) in them using WR/TE/RB combinations. Well unless it's 3rd and 10+.

Brock Huard said " The short routs and timing routes are open quite often but they are not going that way" not those exact words but close. Now against the Ravens those Short routes were not open for them as the Ravens linebackers really buckled down on those routes. What did you expect when the average air yards has been just over 4 for our QB. We are an effective team with Dink and dunk, and when dink and dunk isn't there you got to beat them deep. We can't seem to do that often enough because of .... well issues elsewhere. Also we can't be throwing to DK 20+ yards down the field on 1st and 2nd downs unless it's 2nd and 10+. Thats just asking to be put into 3rd and long.

Last edited: