• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 4: Denver Broncos at New York Jets

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw. Player on Denver told me Fant is good.

Also heard someone from NfL Network say he heard it was nothing serious.
Shefter tweeted "only minor".

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch out New England... We coming for you! ;) We just beat the Jets. Hee haw!

For real though. Sounds like a chance Lock could play next week, but I am guessing more of the following week.

Phillip Lindsay should be back next week.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Albert O is injured fine otherwise why draft a TE in the 4th when you could have drafted a developmental OT. Strange pick so far.

DaeSean Hamilton adds zero to the team and is keeping Cleveland on the bench. Not a fan of Hamilton nice guy but waste of a roster spot. Cleveland is faster and may have caught that pass. Play Cleveland bench DHam.

I like how Ojemudia is coming along. Great play last night bad call.

Gordon is our best O player just use him up.

Hate to harp on the first two games but I had posted after each game. Why not pound Gordon 4 times for the 1 in the Tenn game and why not run a QB keep on 3 and/or 4th down at the 15 in Pitts . Shurmur did both last night. It's not that hard to use your best players strengths at crunch time especially when it just requires a player to run the ball 2 yards and no offseason. Basic football 101

The 7 Jets PFs were the difference in the game.

Even with Mark Rypien at QB , dont think Denver is as bad as the two NY teams so tanking for Trevor would be really hard. Jets and Giants are dumpster fires.

• Winner
Reactions: LGM

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Albert O is injured fine otherwise why draft a TE in the 4th when you could have drafted a developmental OT. Strange pick so far.

DaeSean Hamilton adds zero to the team and is keeping Cleveland on the bench. Not a fan of Hamilton nice guy but waste of a roster spot. Cleveland is faster and may have caught that pass. Play Cleveland bench DHam.

I like how Ojemudia is coming along. Great play last night bad call.

Gordon is our best O player just use him up.

Hate to harp on the first two games but I had posted after each game. Why not pound Gordon 4 times for the 1 in the Tenn game and why not run a QB keep on 3 and/or 4th down at the 15 in Pitts . Shurmur did both last night. It's not that hard to use your best players strengths at crunch time especially when it just requires a player to run the ball 2 yards and no offseason. Basic football 101

The 7 Jets PFs were the difference in the game.

Even with Mark Rypien at QB , dont think Denver is as bad as the two NY teams so tanking for Trevor would be really hard. Jets and Giants are dumpster fires.

100% agree with all of this. With the exception of Mark Rypien being our QB. He is like 55 years old now.

Albert O was pure development, BPA pick. I really have no issue with him not playing and developing but my issue is after Fant we don't have any TE doing anything for us. We aren't really even using Beck the way he should be used, so what is the point? I know he was injured but pretty sure he is health enough to play. I think the first coupe weeks he may have been able to play but was a bit behind with the camp injury.

I am calling for more Cleveland over Hamilton as well. We will probably see that soon I think. It's like you wait for Hamilton, and you think it is going to come, he has that game or two where he is starting to put it together then boom 5 games in a row of nothing.

I think Ojemudia is going to play in the NFL for a very long time and hopefully with us. For a rookie he is fairly trusting. We put him in a lot of one on one. He can run with most WR's in this league and he loves to be physical, and is a great tackler. Bassey loves to tackle as well. I am looking forward to how Bassey and OJ progress as the season goes on. Sadly for me it looks like Duke Dawson is a 5th CB and mediocre special teams player but they can't all turn out like you hope for. Dawson got some PT last night with Harris out.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bassey was benched last night for Bausby
We shall see how that plays out

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More the weeks go by the more I’m bummed not to be able to watch Sutton this year. Love to watch him play and his deep ball is missed.

maybe cleveland is a diamond in the rough

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bassey was benched last night for Bausby
We shall see how that plays out

Bausby played well last night as well. Forgot to mention him. I believe Bassey got dinged up because towards the end of the game the nickel package was: Callahan, Oje, Bausby and Dawson. I saw Bassey coming off the field slowly at one point. Nothing serious.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully. Just needs to learn how to block punters. LOL.

YEAH- While he tried he whiffed. lol. Cleveland was a great special teams player at Florida as a gunner. Haven't seen him much on punt return unit though, but he may need to hit the sleds this week. ;)

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The interior line is bad
Risner has regressed and Cush is a rook
Glasgow is playing like a JAG
I now realized you have to draft Olineman and high
Bolles should be offered a contract extension this year he’s playing well so far

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Risner played well the first two weeks, not as well the last two. Cushenberry I like. He is a rookie, but he is going to be fine, IMO. Ups and downs. I love the play he made on the near INT last night to prevent the INT. That play won't get the attention it deserves as one of those difference making plays in winning or losing. Yeah, it has nothing to do with blocking, but you just don't see OL make that play. I haven't paid as much attention to Glasgow, but @SpringStein tells me he hasn't been pleased with him.

Bolles has been pretty darn good. I am not ready to give him a ton of money just yet, but if he plays this way the entire year then a no brainer. I don't forsee Bolles as one of those guys who only plays for money either and has his best year in his contract year. The thing I have always admired about Bolles is the respect and care he has for his teammates. The guy is our enforcer, much like Zane Beadles use to be when he was around here. I am very happy to see Bolles playing well because I really want him to work out here. I like the attitude he brings. That guy will go to war for any of his teammates. He is scrappy, he loves to mix it up and is smart about when to do so and when to stop. Like the Personal foul he drew on the Jets last night. He did a great job at instigating that and then stopping after he drew the flag on Ogletree. Smart decision by him. Bolles is the kind of teammate I want on my side when it comes to mixing it up out there. He has everyone's back, now put together consistent play all season and I will be all for paying him.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Jerry Jeudy would teach @Mingo some of his dance moves. I think Mingo has high upside in that department. Just very raw and under developed.
For cash money - I would dance for you.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is the game - where Josey Jewell - became a professional. He looked good against the run - in pass coverage and with the Blitz game. The Jets had it in their game plan to pick on him and that didn't work.

Gordon proved his versatility and has earned more touches (thank goodness).

Rypien is a student of the game - I'm excited about his future with the Broncos. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have Lock and Rypien tear off 10 year careers as Broncos?

The Broncos won and that feels good.
Can we play the Jets again next week?
And the week after?
And...

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% agree with all of this. With the exception of Mark Rypien being our QB. He is like 55 years old now.

Albert O was pure development, BPA pick. I really have no issue with him not playing and developing but my issue is after Fant we don't have any TE doing anything for us. We aren't really even using Beck the way he should be used, so what is the point? I know he was injured but pretty sure he is health enough to play. I think the first coupe weeks he may have been able to play but was a bit behind with the camp injury.

I am calling for more Cleveland over Hamilton as well. We will probably see that soon I think. It's like you wait for Hamilton, and you think it is going to come, he has that game or two where he is starting to put it together then boom 5 games in a row of nothing.

I think Ojemudia is going to play in the NFL for a very long time and hopefully with us. For a rookie he is fairly trusting. We put him in a lot of one on one. He can run with most WR's in this league and he loves to be physical, and is a great tackler. Bassey loves to tackle as well. I am looking forward to how Bassey and OJ progress as the season goes on. Sadly for me it looks like Duke Dawson is a 5th CB and mediocre special teams player but they can't all turn out like you hope for. Dawson got some PT last night with Harris out.
I thought OJ had a pretty decent game. I saw Cleveland whiff a tackle badly on special teams (it happens).

Butt gets snaps but hardly any targets.

Albert O - was always a project - he was a present for Drew Lock - and I suspect would have had some snaps and targets when Lock gets back from injury.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bolles is like a UFO sighting.

I want to believe, I really do.
Give Munchek enough years and he will build an OT out of Wilkerson too. The problem is the Broncos short change Oline talent because they rely on Munchek to make the difference and Munchek doesn't walk on water.