• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 4: Denver Broncos at New York Jets

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crash should be happy with Rypien’s performance tonight.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jewell is having a nice bounce back from last week.

Rypien is rippin'.

Jeudy first career TD.

Good game so far. Don't care if it is just the Jets.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely worst time for Rypien to shit the bed.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Needed to run Gordon more

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Needed to run Gordon more

Kind of hard to do when he’s a gigantic blockhead and hurts himself, we already have enough injuries we don’t need our players doing it to themselves.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 4th quarter was just a mess, but glad to have that first W. Rypien had a couple really bad, really costly throws, but we did get the win. I say we keep rippin' with Rypien next week.

Go Broncos!

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McManus is a stud so far

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josey Jewell: 10 tackles, 2 sacks and a pass defended. Heck of a night for, Jewell.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget that Rypien was starting his first regular season game, and with that we have to expect some ups and downs.

The positive out of it is it didn't seem to affect his next throw. He showed a great case of a short memory. We will have some interesting decisions to make when Lock is healthy. I don't think we can get Rypien back to the PS, and I am in favor of making him the backup and cutting either Bortles or Driskel.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget that Rypien was starting his first regular season game, and with that we have to expect some ups and downs.

The positive out of it is it didn't seem to affect his next throw. He showed a great case of a short memory. We will have some interesting decisions to make when Lock is healthy. I don't think we can get Rypien back to the PS, and I am in favor of making him the backup and cutting either Bortles or Driskel.
Great post! Not only was it Rypien's first start, but a short week start with just walk thrus for preparation. His arm looked OK to me, but his on field decision making shows real possibilities and his moxie for taking hits and running downfield with Gordon to throw a block - showed his teammates a lot.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is the game - where Josey Jewell - became a professional. He looked good against the run - in pass coverage and with the Blitz game. The Jets had it in their game plan to pick on him and that didn't work.

Gordon proved his versatility and has earned more touches (thank goodness).

Rypien is a student of the game - I'm excited about his future with the Broncos. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have Lock and Rypien tear off 10 year careers as Broncos?

The Broncos won and that feels good.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rypien played a good game. 3 picks is always ugly, but first start on the road on a short week...I'll forgive that. He played fearless. Glad to see some fight in this team. I hope they remain fun to watch. 12 more games it would be a shame if they mentally check out. Maybe with the extra time they can shock the Pats next week.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw. Player on Denver told me Fant is good.

Also heard someone from NfL Network say he heard it was nothing serious.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw. Player on Denver told me Fant is good.

Also heard someone from NfL Network say he heard it was nothing serious.

Last night they were saying he would get an MRI today, so I'm glad there's some good news there. Rypien lost a lot of confidence the second Fant went out. We can't afford to lose another top target of our QBs.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night they were saying he would get an MRI today, so I'm glad there's some good news there. Rypien lost a lot of confidence the second Fant went out. We can't afford to lose another top target of our QBs.

Agree it seemed like when Fant went out, Rypien looked a bit more out of sink and stressed. Very good point that I never thought of last night.

Nick Vannett offers so very little to our team, IMO.

Jake Butt is still trying to get into his groove from 100 surgeries.

I really hope Albert O. will get a shot soon in a double TE set. I know Vannett is the experienced vet, but it's time to see what Albert can do near the GL.

Tim Patrick was awesome last night, btw.

Great Games
Tim Patrick
Josey Jewell
Bradley Chubb
Shelby Harris (How this guy didn't get paid this offseason is crazy)
Brandon McManus

I thought Gordon did well too minus the dropped pass, but we didn't go to him a lot in the 2nd or 3rd. We need to continue to pound the ball and i think when Lindsay comes back that will really help Gordon as we don't want to give him the ball 25 times.

Jeudy is going to be really good. I think he will hit his stride about the time Lock comes back. I like the energy he brings, reminds me of Emmanuel Sanders in terms of energy he brings to the team. We need that.

Dotson played better then Wilkinson, granted it he had an easier assignment. OL still needs to be better though. (Playing better then Wilkinson doesn't take much)

Ojemudia like any rookie CB in their 4th game has some ups and downs but didn't play bad for the most part. The PI was a terrible call, IMO.

I didn't think Kareem Jackson or Justin Simmons played well at all last night for what I expect out of them.

Simmons missing the tackle on Darnold was embarrassing, but Simmons seems to have a down game once every 4 or 5 so I am confident he will bounce back.

Another guy who played well was Malik Reed. Malik got nice pressure and helped a lot in the run game. Nice to see him provide in the run game.

I have always been a fan of DaeSean Hamilton since we drafted him but my patience is starting to get thin. Rypien didn't throw a great deep ball to him and I am sure he has a good excuse (lost the ball or something) but the lack of effort on the deep ball was odd to me. I know he doesn't lack for effort, he isn't that type of a player at all, but you just can't trust him when you see the ball in the air, it is starting to get to the point where you think. "How will this go bad", and it did. Earlier in the year it was on Lock, this time it was on Rypien and Hamilton together, but I thought Hamilton could have caught that ball.