• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 2: Denver Broncos at Jacksonville Jaguars

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alibi Talib announcing the Vikings Cardinals game. Priceless.

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, you never here Callahan's name during game. He is shutting people down. Denver should extend him right now.

2Kback

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, Jax had 189 total yards of offense, Sutton almost matched that by himself. We've got some high standards around here it seems.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, Jax had 189 total yards of offense, Sutton almost matched that by himself. We've got some high standards around here it seems.
83 came on the first drive for Jax
man the KO TD put a damper on the whole ballgame because it’s a known issue covering kicks. not a one time fluke.

we all know it’s lurking in every game.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
83 came on the first drive for Jax
man the KO TD put a damper on the whole ballgame because it’s a known issue covering kicks. not a one time fluke.

we all know it’s lurking in every game.
I have complained about the Special Team coaching since before Fangio arrived. I'm really surprised McMahon survived the off season, but Paton did go and get McMahon some players to use to take away that excuse.

One thing gets me - is that the Broncos continue to try and get McManus to kick the ball high for catching inside the 10 with the hope they can stop the return prior to the 25 yard line. McManus, however, has the ability to kick - kickoffs out of the end zone on virtually every kick - so I don't understand why the Broncos haven't gone to just doing that and saving the embarrassment for just punt returns.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Josey Jewell is okay to continue his play for this year. Jewell has made himself into a very important player in the Bronco's defense, His pass defense has especially improved - which have have expected since he has a jump out of his pants time in the 3 cone drill - better than a lot of skill players. This season Jewell has past AJ in importance in the middle.

Kareem Jackson is also playing to the best of his career since the start of this season.

Muti is an incredible force in the run game - especially as a pulling guard - where he is a true road grader. His pass defense still needs a lot of work, but live reps will get him there faster than anything else.

Who cares about the pass rush against the Broncos? Teddy Bridgewater is eating it for breakfast - his passer rating is higher under pressure than without pressure. I like how this capability keeps his receivers eyes wide out - looking to find a place on the field to make a play for Teddy and the Broncos.

Speaking of Bridgewater - he has out played his offense in both games this year. Making me wonder what the Bronco's offense is going to look like when the offense catches up with the QB play.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Josey Jewell is okay to continue his play for this year. Jewell has made himself into a very important player in the Bronco's defense, His pass defense has especially improved - which have have expected since he has a jump out of his pants time in the 3 cone drill - better than a lot of skill players. This season Jewell has past AJ in importance in the middle.

Kareem Jackson is also playing to the best of his career since the start of this season.

Muti is an incredible force in the run game - especially as a pulling guard - where he is a true road grader. His pass defense still needs a lot of work, but live reps will get him there faster than anything else.

Who cares about the pass rush against the Broncos? Teddy Bridgewater is eating it for breakfast - his passer rating is higher under pressure than without pressure. I like how this capability keeps his receivers eyes wide out - looking to find a place on the field to make a play for Teddy and the Broncos.

Speaking of Bridgewater - he has out played his offense in both games this year. Making me wonder what the Bronco's offense is going to look like when the offense catches up with the QB play.
Hear hear…

In the few glimpses I caught with camera angles yesterday, it seemed like the Broncos skill players on offense could have been a bit more active for Teddy when the plays broke down. Working to give him a target, etc. Maybe those guys were just slow to recognize that the play had devolved? Not sure.

I do like seeing these young guys get live action. It’s the silver lining to injuries. Our talent is deep. I’m just hoping the injured guys pop back strongly. ……and for the love of all things blue and orange, can we let Chubb heal and not try to hurry him back? In retrospect, that looks like a horrible decision.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have complained about the Special Team coaching since before Fangio arrived. I'm really surprised McMahon survived the off season, but Paton did go and get McMahon some players to use to take away that excuse.

One thing gets me - is that the Broncos continue to try and get McManus to kick the ball high for catching inside the 10 with the hope they can stop the return prior to the 25 yard line. McManus, however, has the ability to kick - kickoffs out of the end zone on virtually every kick - so I don't understand why the Broncos haven't gone to just doing that and saving the embarrassment for just punt returns.
I will say that the special-teams don’t look quite as putrid as they have in the last few years.
After the touchdown yesterday you could see McManis talking to someone on the sideline. I’m sure he was thinking the same thing about kicking it through the end zone. With our defense why bother trying to scrape 5 to 15 yards with special teams?

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos defensive snap count.

1632187528028.png

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1