• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 2: Denver Broncos at Jacksonville Jaguars

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Raiders winning last night, fans in the western US are pretty happy with their teams after week 1.
Combined 8-0 for the AFC and NFC W divisions.

We have the Raiders right where we want them. They always seem to win week 1 and then finish bad. ;)

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said it couldn’t be done. It happens from time to time. I was giving reasons for why Denver probably chose not to go that route.
I agree that you were pointing out why not to come but given the record of Denver on the east coast early games and being there already and a late Sunday game in NYC with I would have stayed. Feels like Vic is so old school he's set in his ways. SHanny and McVay those type of coaches think differently. I bet LAR stay on east coast.

I'm more of the think outside the box guy. See if this way helps. Cant hurt assuming you can treat the players. I'd rather practice at 1:00 pm instead of 11:00 am trying to simulate the east coast. Monday is a wasted day anyways except for treatment.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that you were pointing out why not to come but given the record of Denver on the east coast early games and being there already and a late Sunday game in NYC with I would have stayed. Feels like Vic is so old school he's set in his ways. SHanny and McVay those type of coaches think differently. I bet LAR stay on east coast.

I'm more of the think outside the box guy. See if this way helps. Cant hurt assuming you can treat the players. I'd rather practice at 1:00 pm instead of 11:00 am trying to simulate the east coast. Monday is a wasted day anyways except for treatment.
I don't think Vic is as old school as many think. He is big into analytics and trying new things. I heard some members of media complaining about the type of training camp that Broncos had as it was not physical enough. I am sure Vic looked at staying on the East Coast, and I am sure he found something that justified coming back to Denver.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can get behind your reasoning...

Agree that Vic is old school.

You see him in the locker room after the Broncos win? He tries to act sorta cool and a little hip.. I bet the players get a kick out of him when they talk amongst themselves. But I do think they like him. (Sorta, maybe)

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You see him in the locker room after the Broncos win? He tries to act sorta cool and a little hip.. I bet the players get a kick out of him when they talk amongst themselves. But I do think they like him. (Sorta, maybe)

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey! some of us are of the notion that Old School is too New School for us!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally - I don't believe east coast start times is a very big factor - that excuse is for losers - IMO. Also - the Jagwads still need re-payment for 1996 playoffs when they denied the Broncos the 1st of what should have been 3 Super Bowl wins in a row. I still dislike Perry's slow stroll off the field.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally - I don't believe east coast start times is a very big factor - that excuse is for losers - IMO. Also - the Jagwads still need re-payment for 1996 playoffs when they denied the Broncos the 1st of what should have been 3 Super Bowl wins in a row. I still dislike Perry's slow stroll off the field.
This is it. Average teams might have a hard time with that. Good teams get it done. The Jaguars are a bad team, and I don't care if they play in Jacksonville, or Denver, or on the moon, the Broncos should beat them easily.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is it. Average teams might have a hard time with that. Good teams get it done. The Jaguars are a bad team, and I don't care if they play in Jacksonville, or Denver, or on the moon, the Broncos should beat them easily.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More worried about the climate in Florida impacting the players than the time. Going Friday to acclimatize is a good call.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be honest. We are an average team right now. Soooooo, it worries us a bit.... But I think we take care of them... But we can't act like we are the Kansas City Chiefs right now.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest. We are an average team right now. Soooooo, it worries us a bit.... But I think we take care of them... But we can't act like we are the Kansas City Chiefs right now.
Fake it til you make it. :wink:

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree, Denver is an 11 win team.

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard we flew home after the Giants game and are going to fly out to Jacksonville before that game, can anyone tell me why we wouldn’t just stay on the East Coast considering the game it’s only 7 days apart? We’re already used to the time zone why would you fly 1,800 miles, spend a few days in Denver, and then fly 1,800 miles again?

Seems like the Broncos are just asking for jet lag and a slow start.
Because when you are the Denver Fuckling Broncos you do what you want when you want. You kick ass and take names!!!!