• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 2: Denver Broncos at Jacksonville Jaguars

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On paper this looks like a total mismatch as the Jags were blow out by what is expected to be a not very good Texans team, and Lawerence didn't look great based on what I heard. Seems like a good time to play the Jaguars. The heat and humidity could be a concern.

Hopefully we will get Bradley Chubb back, but will have to start to adjust to life without Juedy.

If we can rack up almost 450 yards as the Texans did, then a win should be well within reach.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early east coast game.... Be careful here. I think we will win this game, but I don't think we will blow them out. Lawrence is coming off a 3 INT game... I don't think he will have many of those in his NFL career. He is likely to be asked to do a lot this year because the Jaguars need him to do a TON to win... It will be a bumpy rookie year for him but I think he will learn fast and Jax will hopefully for his sake get him some help this offseason. I am not sure what to think of Urban Meyer as an NFL coach though.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking about the early kickoff after I posted the thread, and that could be a huge issue.
Lawerence maybe one of the best WBs to ever play in the NFL but he is drinking from a fire hose right now. I am not sure how Meyer’s coaching will translate to the NFL, but time will tell.

Even if Lawrence is better the Jaguar Defense gave up 450 yards to the Texans who do not have the weapons we do IMHO.

Yes we should win, but the game is not without concern.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see what the offense looks like without Jeudy. Jerry was Teddy’s favorite target for most of the game before he went out.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking about the early kickoff after I posted the thread, and that could be a huge issue.
Lawerence maybe one of the best WBs to ever play in the NFL but he is drinking from a fire hose right now. I am not sure how Meyer’s coaching will translate to the NFL, but time will tell.

Even if Lawrence is better the Jaguar Defense gave up 450 yards to the Texans who do not have the weapons we do IMHO.

Yes we should win, but the game is not without concern.

Agree with all of this.... But just remember, every week is different. While the Jags gave up 450 yards it is all about how a team adjusts and matches up with another... That being said. I agree with you... My best guess is we have a pretty good day on offense.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Texans would be the worst team in the NFL. And then they went and blew the doors off the Jags.

The Jags are really bad and the Broncos should win this game easily.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jags are trying to figure out what kind of team they are. They have some young players at key positions learning the game. They have coaches trying to figure out how they want to operate. Probably a team that early in the season will struggle and then start putting it together later in the year.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like DC said, early east coast game, in Florida. We traditionally do not play well. However, this team has a different make up. We win, easily

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T. Lawrence is about to go to the Fangio QB finishing school. I'll lay the points and bet a Broncos win. We may see some Drew Lock here

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is going to be an early game, it is going to be hot and humid as hell....

Denver will need to rotate all their players and make sure they are very hydrated.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard we flew home after the Giants game and are going to fly out to Jacksonville before that game, can anyone tell me why we wouldn’t just stay on the East Coast considering the game it’s only 7 days apart? We’re already used to the time zone why would you fly 1,800 miles, spend a few days in Denver, and then fly 1,800 miles again?

Seems like the Broncos are just asking for jet lag and a slow start.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF is staying in West Virginia

i agree better way to utilize your time

stay on east coast time

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing that could be a benefit is being able to sleep in you own bed, have a normal week routine in the team facility, and maintain the normal routine.

I do think it could have been a opportunity to do some good team building and stay on the Eastern time zone.

I trust that this coaching staff knows what is best for their team.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better recovery treatment for players at their own facility. Nearly every player needs treatment after a game weather it shows up on the injury report or not. Plus, remember your practice squad players and inactive guys don't typically travel to road games, now you could always fly them out but how do you make those decisions without them practicing? Unless you are going to fly all those guys out to practice with the team? I think there is a lot of little things us fans don't think about in a situation like this that become a big hassle for the coaches and players.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better recovery treatment for players at their own facility. Nearly every player needs treatment after a game weather it shows up on the injury report or not. Plus, remember your practice squad players and inactive guys don't typically travel to road games, now you could always fly them out but how do you make those decisions without them practicing? Unless you are going to fly all those guys out to practice with the team? I think there is a lot of little things us fans don't think about in a situation like this that become a big hassle for the coaches and players.
San Fran decided it’s not that big an issue so yes it can be done if you plan for it which you can do as soon as the schedule firms up.

the Green briar has recovery treatment areas.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Raiders winning last night, fans in the western US are pretty happy with their teams after week 1.
Combined 8-0 for the AFC and NFC W divisions.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Fran decided it’s not that big an issue so yes it can be done if you plan for it which you can do as soon as the schedule firms up.

Does the Greenbrier have football facilities or just golf courses and bomb shelters?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never said it couldn’t be done. It happens from time to time. I was giving reasons for why Denver probably chose not to go that route.