• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 12: Giants at Bears

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has he ever looked like anything else?

Sometimes I genuinely think you have dementia and I should stop being hard on you. I have been posting with you since the mid 2000's. I swear to god that there was a time where you said things that weren't dumb. Somewhere around the time Trubisky was drafted your mind began to rot like a banana that was left sitting out.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@richig07 Ohhh... OH OKAY... YOU SERIOUSLY!? Rich.. I hope you... no no... that's too dark... no I got it, I hope you drown in a the feces that your mom.... no, ... ugh. I HOPE YOU GET < 500 points on PACMAN!!!!!

yah.. I think I made my point.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@richig07 Ohhh... OH OKAY... YOU SERIOUSLY!? Rich.. I hope you... no no... that's too dark... no I got it, I hope you drown in a the feces that your mom.... no, ... ugh. I HOPE YOU GET < 500 points on PACMAN!!!!!

yah.. I think I made my point.

My feelings are hurted

You're mean, I love Pacman.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I genuinely think you have dementia and I should stop being hard on you. I have been posting with you since the mid 2000's. I swear to god that there was a time where you said things that weren't dumb. Somewhere around the time Trubisky was drafted your mind began to rot like a banana that was left sitting out.
I have not liked Monty from day one, this is nothing new. I as a Bear fan have hoped to be wrong. The guy has had 1 good run all year. We had a better RB already on the team but we traded him for nothing and spent needed draft capital on this guy who fits a system that does not work and we have already moved on from. My brian is fine. You can't rot a rock.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this the beginning of a 6 game win streak that propels us into the playoffs? Or is it just a useless win over a shitty team before we lose a bunch more games? We will see...

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not liked Monty from day one, this is nothing new. I as a Bear fan have hoped to be wrong. The guy has had 1 good run all year. We had a better RB already on the team but we traded him for nothing and spent needed draft capital on this guy who fits a system that does not work and we have already moved on from. My brian is fine. You can't rot a rock.
I think Montgomery has looked only slightly short of fantastic this year when considering how awful the O line and has been in the run game. Keep in mind we have no tight ends that can block and our run scheme is awful, not to mention the O line is easily a bottom 5 unit this year against the run. That's me just guessing but i wouldn't be surprised if PFF would back something like that up.

Good backs get can shut down when the offense around them is shit. Look at Barkley the last couple weeks.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found this. Through week 8, so it's a little outdated but entirely accurate still today.
27. Chicago Bears
Cody Whitehair and James Daniels are the only two Bears offensive linemen with 200 or more offensive snaps played and overall grades above 60.0 through Week 8. Veteran Kyle Long has been abysmal in pass protection when healthy, allowing pressure at the second-highest rate (9.33%) among qualifying guards. Tackles Bobby Massie and Charles Leno Jr. have both been liabilities in pass protection and as run-blockers, as well.
NFL Offensive Line Rankings - Week 8 | NFL News, Rankings and Statistics | PFF

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this the beginning of a 6 game win streak that propels us into the playoffs? Or is it just a useless win over a shitty team before we lose a bunch more games? We will see...

We can't score man. How the f*ck are we going to run off 4 straight vs playoff teams in GB/Minny/Dallas/KC? Let's just try not to make Thanksgiving suck by scoring less than 10 or some dumb sh*t like we have for the past year. That's all I really want for Thanksgiving....Well...That and Turkey OH HELL YEAH.

Stat of the day:

Since last Thanksgiving, we've played 18 games-including Thanksgiving game and the Eagles playoff game.

In those 18 games our offense has scored 3 TD's in any single game only 3 times. We have not scored 4 TD's or more on offense in those 18 games. We have LOST 2 of the 3 games where we did get 3 TD's on offense (Raiders this year and Giants last year...The win was Washington this year).

Of the 9 TD's our offense scored in those 3 games where we did get 3 TDs, 3 of them were on drives that began from the opponent's 16 or in. Two of those cashed in on fumbles deep caused by our D...The other by a 71 yard punt return.

We cannot score more than 2 TD's on offense even on our "good" offense days.

tenor.gif

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't score man. How the f*ck are we going to run off 4 straight vs playoff teams in GB/Minny/Dallas/KC? Let's just try not to make Thanksgiving suck by scoring less than 10 or some dumb sh*t like we have for the past year. That's all I really want for Thanksgiving....Well...That and Turkey OH HELL YEAH.

Stat of the day:

Since last Thanksgiving, we've played 18 games-including Thanksgiving game and the Eagles playoff game.

In those 18 games our offense has scored 3 TD's in any single game only 3 times. We have not scored 4 TD's or more on offense in those 18 games. We have LOST 2 of the 3 games where we did get 3 TD's on offense (Raiders this year and Giants last year...The win was Washington this year).

Of the 9 TD's our offense scored in those 3 games where we did get 3 TDs, 3 of them were on drives that began from the opponent's 16 or in. Two of those cashed in on fumbles deep caused by our D...The other by a 71 yard punt return.

tenor.gif
Trubisky is just saving his best for last...

Actually, it’s been game over since the packers game.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stat of the day:

tenor.gif

The whole season has been one step forward, two steps back. They can't get out of their own way. Plenty of opportunities, and big plays erased due to dumb penalties.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky is just saving his best for last...

Actually, it’s been game over since the packers game.

I mean...Fans panicked for sure after that game...but you wonder how the coaches and players really felt after that loss...Was there actually chinks in the armor where "something is very wrong here" was in the back of their minds...and if not after week 1, when did they start to really feel the weight of just how bad things were? That's what I'd like to know...but we'll probably never get the truth because of tact/coachspeak/etc.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they trade Cohen. Every drive-stall, every week are negative plays to Cohen. Almost to a tee yesterday.

Too many mental errors. Lack of discipline.

The o-line has killed us this year. They have created zero running lanes, looked confused in pass-blocking, have way too many pre-snap penalties, and when they do provide a pocket and Trubisky delivers, they commit dumb fucking penalties that negate it.

Two plays summed up the whole season yesterday...The 60 yard slant to Robinson, negated by a hands to the face on Whitehair, and the fucking Braunecker drop that was a walk-in TD. These are huge plays negated by no outside force or presence.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would just like to add, that it was kinda fun watching the Packers get smoked yesterday.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would just like to add, that it was kinda fun watching the Packers get smoked yesterday.

Yeah, the amusing part to me is how everyone was all over the Green Bay D after they held us to 3 points. We now realize that that had VERY little to do with the Pack D... But hearing the analysts reconsider and rescind early praise for their defense has been enjoyable...

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the amusing part to me is how everyone was all over the Green Bay D after they held us to 3 points. We now realize that that had VERY little to do with the Pack D... But hearing the analysts reconsider and rescind early praise for their defense has been enjoyable...

3hilv2.jpg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Montgomery has looked only slightly short of fantastic this year when considering how awful the O line and has been in the run game. Keep in mind we have no tight ends that can block and our run scheme is awful, not to mention the O line is easily a bottom 5 unit this year against the run. That's me just guessing but i wouldn't be surprised if PFF would back something like that up.

Good backs get can shut down when the offense around them is shit. Look at Barkley the last couple weeks.
The kid does not stand a chance is true but I would still take Howard over him and Howard and our 2 draft picks way way over him.

flclfanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stat of the day:

tenor.gif

We can score, but the main thing holding us back is Coach "Be You".

Let's be honest, Matt Nagy is possibly the most stubborn HC we've ever seen in our lifetime (maybe Thibs was worse, but his players hated his guts)

He refuses to do what works. We did boot action 3 times on the Giants and connected on EVERY TIME we did it.

Sure our line blows chunks, but they work best out of the I, but that's too "pedestrian" for Mr. Nagy; gotta be sophisticated and run out of the shotgun or go empty set on third down for some reason.

We saw how the O motored down the field using hurry up (Mitch basically begging for more of this in his after game presser), but nope; never seen again after that scoring drive.

We are mainly in this hole because Matt Nagy is digging us deeper while commenting on how cool his shovel looks.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can score, but the main thing holding us back is Coach "Be You".

Let's be honest, Matt Nagy is possibly the most stubborn HC we've ever seen in our lifetime (maybe Thibs was worse, but his players hated his guts)

He refuses to do what works. We did boot action 3 times on the Giants and connected on EVERY TIME we did it.

Sure our line blows chunks, but they work best out of the I, but that's too "pedestrian" for Mr. Nagy; gotta be sophisticated and run out of the shotgun or go empty set on third down for some reason.

We saw how the O motored down the field using hurry up (Mitch basically begging for more of this in his after game presser), but nope; never seen again after that scoring drive.

We are mainly in this hole because Matt Nagy is digging us deeper while commenting on how cool his shovel looks.

Why do people act like we haven't been running a bunch of I-Formation since the LAC game? It's become a huge part of this offense. The RPO's are basically gone. Nagy has changed a lot since the NO game. People just keep regurgitating these antiquated talking points.

Also, the whole point of a PA boot is that it works when you've established a willingness to run and it catches the defense coming up to play the run for a moment. It also takes away half of the field and gives the opposition less to defend.

You can't build an offense around the concept that you're going to run a bunch of PA boots. Nagy has moved the pocket in other ways quite a bit recently as well.

Anyone who thinks we're running the same offense as weeks 1-7. I seriously have to question if you A) Understand what these terms even mean. OR... B) Are watching at all.