• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 12: Giants at Bears

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of us who enjoy pain and riding sinking ships down into the bottom of the ocean. :)

Two Bears games in 5 days was such a blessing just one year ago.

Trubisky didn't miss a beat with practice this week. So, regardless of what you think happened on Sunday he is probably going to be out there Sunday.

The rest of the season... I guess I'll root for the Bears to remain the #1 scoring defense and side up from #3 to #1 in terms of total yardage. They're already #1 in terms of yards from a per play standpoint. Hoping to see A-Rob get his 1,000 yards and for Montgomery to carry some momentum running the ball to end the season.

It's a game you still would think they win at home. Giants also a bit banged up. But... whatever.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't score...until that changes, we can lose to anyone, anywhere, any time. This game is no different. 90% of our games over the past year have been the same story...Pray the opponent doesn't get to 20 or we lose. And we may lose even if they score less.

I'll grin and bear it as always...but it's so f*cking tiring.

(Probably just repaste this for all gamethreads hereforward...as it will apply at least until next season...probably longer...)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't score...until that changes, we can lose to anyone, anywhere, any time. This game is no different. 90% of our games over the past year have been the same story...Pray the opponent doesn't get to 20 or we lose. And we may lose even if they score less.

I'll grin and bear it as always...but it's so f*cking tiring.

(Probably just repaste this for all gamethreads hereforward...as it will apply at least until next season...probably longer...)

Yeah, the only silver lining to this season is that if we had an offense that was just "normal bad" and could post 18 PPG. We would be 7-3. We have the #1 scoring D and are 4-6. We have lost games while surrendering only 10, 17 and 17. That's unheard of and sickening on so many levels. If we could be merely league average offense and post 23 per game (22.5 is average)? 9-1.

The bulk of the D is under contract for one more year. Trevathan and Floyd are the only ones in walk years. Not figuring out how to make this team competitive again in 2020 would be hard to fathom. Not only should everyone be fired but they should be banished from the sport. Just don't be one of the worst offenses in football.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silver lining is Pace and Nagy both earned being fired. At least now we know that now. Time to break up this defense while it's worth something and start stocking draft picks. There is no chance we can fix this team in time before we lose everyone worth something. If only we hired Fangio as HC and got a real OC we would be in a very different place. I have not missed a Bears game in 20 years but I am at the point I leave the room when we are on offense. I don't blame Mitch and I don't blame the Oline, I blame Nagy for confusing them.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silver lining is Pace and Nagy both earned being fired. At least now we know that now. Time to break up this defense while it's worth something and start stocking draft picks. There is no chance we can fix this team in time before we lose everyone worth something. If only we hired Fangio as HC and got a real OC we would be in a very different place. I have not missed a Bears game in 20 years but I am at the point I leave the room when we are on offense. I don't blame Mitch and I don't blame the Oline, I blame Nagy for confusing them.

We should totally breakup the #1 scoring defense in football which took 4 off-seasons to assemble, while it is still young and under contract. Instead of simply raising the offense up to just an average level and making a run.

We should definitely start a rebuild going into an off-season where we are completely tied up in cap space and have no draft capital.

Maybe if we breakup the defense and trade them all away. In another four years? We MIGHT be able to have a defense like this again! Young (or squarely in their prime) and under contract! We can return to the exact spot we are now!

That's so much easier than making a few offensive changes during the off-season.

Just genius...

Jesus Christ. If our QB could hit rudimentary throws from a clean pocket we would have 7 wins, minimum. Yet, we have our resident Trubisky loyalist saying to breakup the DEFENSE. I have now heard it all, gentlemen.

Whatever. I didn't start this thread to talk about that stuff. We have other threads for that. This is just a game-thread for Sunday.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should totally breakup the #1 scoring defense in football which took 4 off-seasons to assemble, while it is still young and under contract. Instead of simply raising the offense up to just an average level and making a run.

We should definitely start a rebuild going into an off-season where we are completely tied up in cap space and have no draft capital.

Maybe if we breakup the defense and trade them all away. In another four years? We MIGHT be able to have a defense like this again! Young (or squarely in their prime) and under contract! We can return to the exact spot we are now!

That's so much easier than making a few offensive changes during the off-season.

Just genius...

Jesus Christ. If our QB could hit rudimentary throws from a clean pocket we would have 7 wins, minimum. Yet, we have our resident Trubisky loyalist saying to breakup the DEFENSE. I have now heard it all, gentlemen.

Whatever. I didn't start this thread to talk about that stuff. We have other threads for that. This is just a game-thread for Sunday.
We aint fixing this offense in time to make use of this defense. We aint fixing this offense without Nagy giving up OC duty's. What offensive changes are gonna matter when Nagy cant call a decent game or figure out how to properly use his players. But sure let's suck until we lose all our assets and trade bait then do a 20 year rebuild.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost gametime.....Just dont SUCK!!!!!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auto rooting for the Giants. I get I was the dumbass that decided to move to Illinois, but I shouldn't be punished watching the fag Bears play the 'going nowhere' Giants, when Seattle vs. Philly is a MUCH MUCH MUUUUUCH better matchup.

FUCK YOU CHICAGO!

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auto rooting for the Giants. I get I was the dumbass that decided to move to Illinois, but I shouldn't be punished watching the fag Bears play the 'going nowhere' Giants, when Seattle vs. Philly is a MUCH MUCH MUUUUUCH better matchup.

FUCK YOU CHICAGO!

Well to Il.......:dhd:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well to Il.......:dhd:

source.gif

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another quarter....Another 0.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is so demoralizing. Jesus.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Touchdowns are miracles.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to nitpick but even on the TD drive, ARob had to adjust to underthrown balls not once, but TWICE...

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THAT.... Was a nice throw. (Meaning the one to ARob to get them off the goalline. )

Last edited:

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There ya go D... A little symbiosis here. Now punch it in!

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There!!! Dare I say... We seeing a little confidence from Mitch in the 2nd half?

(Albeit, against a crap defense.)

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Glennon sighting! He’s fumbled twice on two plays. He fumbled the snap under center and he fumbled the snap in shot gun. At least that guy isn’t our QB.