• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 11: Bears at Rams

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Matt Nagy the reverse Dick Jauron? ( a bad coach with a fluke good season)?

Wouldn't that just make him Dick Jauron? Why the "fluke" Dick Jauron? lol

flclfanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't that just make him Dick Jauron? Why the "fluke" Dick Jauron? lol

I meant reverse in terms of philosophies. Jauon was a bad defensive-minded coach with a fluke win season and Nagy is (in theory) an offensive minded coach with a fluke playoff appearance.

flclfanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe in black magic or curses. I don't think there is a magic spell that has been cast on the Bears QB position.

Just a service level NFL QB hits the vast majority of the horrific Trubisky misses that he has compiled over his time here. That's not even talking "above average" or "good QB's" like the names I mentioned.

At the end of the day, Mitch literally has about 4 "good" "franchise QB" NFL games. Meaning, he played at a level where you go "He looked like a franchise QB". CIN 2017 and then TB/DET/GB in 2018.

Hell, over a quarter of his career TD passes came from those three games in 2018. What does that say about the QB that Mitch has been during his time here?

He's just been a bad QB. He literally doesn't do anything well (outside of run; which doesn't happen anymore). He had a bunch of problems when he got there... and they're ALL still there. There were a small, SMALL handful of fleeting moments where things sort of clicked. But he never actually grasped a hold of those things.

Yeah, Nagy has been bad this year. He's also had to continually reduce his playbook to simplify things for Mitch and Mitch still can't execute on these basic things.

We can all be hard on Nagy. That's fine. I agree. But when Trubisky doesn't see a receiver sprinting open, when he fires a pass straight into the turf or sails it over an open receivers head. When Mitch takes a sack unnecessarily. That's not the scheme. EVERY SINGLE Trubisky game has those plays scattered throughout them and they kill us. Nagy is often scheming receivers open that Mitch just misses.

Every high draft pick that has ever failed has played under a HC that also failed. Do we look back at any other busts and excuse them for playing under losing/shitty HC's? No, we don't. I don't see why I would do that for Mitch. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see all of his flaws.

That's not always true. High draft picks miss all the time, regardless of who drafts them.

Mitch doesn't get a pass for sucking so badly, but your coach is equally responsible for putting you in spots to succeed. We saw that when Nagy ran that shit option toss on 3rd -and-1 (when Mitch was supposedly playing on that bad hip) and flip it with his bad shoulder.

It's Mitch's fault when he misses guys Nagy schemes open, but its Nagy's fault when he ignores his QBs very few strengths (playing up-tempo, dash passes, play action in the I/under center) etc.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not always true. High draft picks miss all the time, regardless of who drafts them.

Mitch doesn't get a pass for sucking so badly, but your coach is equally responsible for putting you in spots to succeed. We saw that when Nagy ran that shit option toss on 3rd -and-1 (when Mitch was supposedly playing on that bad hip) and flip it with his bad shoulder.

It's Mitch's fault when he misses guys Nagy schemes open, but its Nagy's fault when he ignores his QBs very few strengths (playing up-tempo, dash passes, play action in the I/under center) etc.

Not the point. My point was... go find a QB taken 1st or 2nd overall who was a bust. You will almost ALWAYS find him having been coached by a HC who was fired from that job around the same time the QB busted. When franchise QB's wind-up catastrophes? Coaches get fired.

Mitch doesn't get a pass for sucking so badly, but your coach is equally responsible for putting you in spots to succeed.

Mitch does not do anything well. Nothing. Nagy has been giving him play action out of the I. He has been moving him around more and he has been doing some tempo stuff. The results are the same.

This kid does not have a position that he can succeed from consistently. There's nothing you can do with flaws like his. There's nothing you can do with a guy who can't see a football field and can't hit rudimentary throws. There just isn't.

You know how Mitch could have had a pretty successful year? Don't miss the glaring reads and throws he's missed on a consistent basis. Things that any pedestrian/mediocre QB can do.