• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 10: Denver Broncos at Las Vegas Raiders

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really expect Drew to be benched for Rypein? So when Peyton threw 28 picks his rookie year, was he inaccurate or could he not read a defense?

Footwork is a big part of accuracy.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really expect Drew to be benched for Rypein? So when Peyton threw 28 picks his rookie year, was he inaccurate or could he not read a defense?

Footwork is a big part of accuracy.

Lock is not Peyton Manning, there is 1 Peyton Manning and 100s of young QBs that throw a ton of picks. This argument is and always has been terrible.

Besides Peyton seemed to get better every game even if he was still making mistakes, Lock seems to have learned nothing from his play 4 weeks ago.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I missed something during this game as I was distracted during the 4th and 1 and the 30 yard line. We stopped them about a 1/2 yard short and their was a holding call on the Raiders and we took it. Is that correct? The announcers didn't mention anything and was it really 4th down or 3rd down on that play?
Fangio didn’t seem happy with the officials, which leads me to believe it was on the spot.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lock is not Peyton Manning, there is 1 Peyton Manning and 100s of young QBs that throw a ton of picks. This argument is and always has been terrible.

Besides Peyton seemed to get better every game even if he was still making mistakes, Lock seems to have learned nothing from his play 4 weeks ago.
I don’t disagree, and I am not saying Lock with be as good as Peyton but it goes to the argument of patience.

How about Josh Allen? He was not very good his first couple of years but now is looking like a pretty good QB.

wishful thinking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it was clearly marked a good 1/2 yard short of the sticks. And he was clearly short of the mark and if that is the case, then you challenge the call.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it was clearly marked a good 1/2 yard short of the sticks. And he was clearly short of the mark and if that is the case, then you challenge the call.
I agree based on what I saw.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I missed something during this game as I was distracted during the 4th and 1 and the 30 yard line. We stopped them about a 1/2 yard short and their was a holding call on the Raiders and we took it. Is that correct? The announcers didn't mention anything and was it really 4th down or 3rd down on that play?

I was confused there as well. I thought we would decline and get the ball with turnover on downs. Very strange to me.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we have injuries but we're just a bad football team this year. That excuse only works for so long. Yes we have injuries but so what, good teams find a way to overcome anything thrown their way, bad teams just throw their hands up and use excuses instead of admitting the true problem.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we have injuries but we're just a bad football team this year. That excuse only works for so long. Yes we have injuries but so what, good teams find a way to overcome anything thrown their way, bad teams just throw their hands up and use excuses instead of admitting the true problem.

Who thought we were a good team? We haven't been a good team since Manning retired. At best we were gonna be mediocre; with all the injuries we've had, we're lucky to be where we are now.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not heard anyone within the Broncos organization making excuses.

Fans and media have made excuses. There are plenty of excuses that can be made.

There has not been much good in this game.

On to Miami.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not heard anyone within the Broncos organization making excuses.

Fans and media have made excuses. There are plenty of excuses that can be made.

There has not been much good in this game.

On to Miami.

Why does our Special teams Coordinator still have a job? We’ve seen this type of piss poor play all season from his unit and yet him still having a job means someone inside the organization is making an excuse for him. There’s giving someone a chance after a few bad weeks and there’s ignoring an obvious problem.

I’m not putting all the blame on Elway or Fangio or one person but you can’t say the organization isn’t making excuses when there’s clear problems and they refuse to do anything to fix them.

Hell I’ve been someone who’s given Pat Shurmur the benefit of the doubt from all those people calling for his head but there comes a point where if it’s 2nd & 10 and we get stuffed on a run because everyone in the building knows his plays and he refuses to change his playcalling, where do you draw the line? You don’t fire the guy but you certainly don’t let him continue with everything like it’s all good.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway needs to go.
Bring back Adam Peters

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure we could fire the special teams coordinator, but is it going to do anything? Do you want to hire a coach off the street? On special teams you don’t have near as many coaches as on Offense or Defense so you have less options to take over.

We don’t know what the internal discussions are, and I highly doubt that special teams is considered acceptable.

I am not a huge fan of the offensive play calling either.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devontae Booker and Isaiah McKenzie are two good examples of players who are much better away from our team. Two very talented players coming out of the draft, that I feel like Denver just simply wasted.

wishful thinking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You fire Tom McMahon now. You send a message and a message needs to be sent now as this is the 1st time in the Fangio regime where I saw the players quit. Also, Sylvester Williams needs to be cut as well. Every time he is in the game, he is getting blown off the line of scrimmage by 2 to 5 yards. I think Drew Lock is starting to remind me of Cutler unfortunately. Lock might be more of a leader or well-liked guy in the locker room than Cutler, but just as far as footwork, mechanics and panics in the pocket when he's blitzed up the middle.

wishful thinking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fangio is the worst game manager that I've seen as a Broncos head coach. I would've love him as a coordinator, but I really don't think that he's a head coach. He's to involved in the defense and loses track of all other faucets of being a head coach. Hopefully he improves, but he makes terrible, high-school decisions at least a few times per game.

wishful thinking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, on Patrick's ejection. Since the call on the field was defensive holding which is an automatic 1st down, why did the other penalties keep it on 3rd down (offsetting penalties). Those fouls were after the play and it should've been a 1st down still.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there will be coaching changes in the offseason, with Tom McMahon being first to be released. I am torn on Shurmur as the play calling has not been good, but yet some kind of consistency would be good for the offense. Look at Bolles this year, a second year with Mike Munchak had done a lot for him.

I agree it appeared the Broncos quit today.

It is going to be interesting to see how they respond or don’t next week.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, on Patrick's ejection. Since the call on the field was defensive holding which is an automatic 1st down, why did the other penalties keep it on 3rd down (offsetting penalties). Those fouls were after the play and it should've been a 1st down still.
I was kinda wondering about that as well.