• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 10: Denver Broncos at Las Vegas Raiders

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The drive at the end of the first half is why denver needs to blow this up.

mgmt went all in on Lock and he’s fools gold.
The rest of the season is just playing out the string. No even about finding out about Lock. Found out.
Can’t read a defense.

Maybe we can get close enough for Fields with a new FO

get the asst from Sf or Indy

its sad this city has to stand by with no accountability at the top.

fangio is a hell of a DC. Love Vic

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does it seem whoever we bring in coaching wise and player wise it is mon stop suckness in Denver?

hmmmm, back to it starts at the top????

I feel like nearly every player that leaves Denver is better on their next team.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not at a blow up the team. There is a lot of talent on the team, even with the the list of of players on IR.

To me there are decisions to be made at 3 positions other then QB:
RT: Do we draft a guy, or roll with James if he is healthy? Right now we are playing basically the 5th string RT with James opted out, Wilkinson hurt, Dotson hurt, and Rogers hurt. Need better depth if nothing else.

LT: Do we try to resign Bolles, draft a guy, or sign a free agent. I would like to re-sign Bolles after he has improved his play this year, but the salary cap could be an issue.

S: Either need to sign Simmons or let him leave via FA which opens up a need at S. Jackson is nearing the end of his deal too, so may have to replace both in the next couple of years.

RB: Set with Lindsay and Gordon for next year, but Freeman could like leave in FA>

WR: Set with Sutton, Jeudy, Hamler, and Patrick.

TE: Really like Fant and Albert O., but Vannett doesn't do much for me. We have some other TEs on the roster.

LG: Risner has taken a bit of step back, but that might be in part with having a rookie Center.

C: Cushenberry seems to have improved as the season has gone one, but I am no expert on the Oline.

RG: Glasgow has not been as good as I expected. We do have Muti.

DLine: Casey, Purcell, Jones is a good front 3, with Agim and Williams as depth.

OLB: Miller, Chubb, and Reed might be the best 3 in OLBs in the NFL if they are all ever healthy. We seem to find guys that can contribute there as well.

ILB: Jewel and Johnson are reasonable with Strnad coming back next year after injury cost him 2020.

CBs: Callahan and Bouye has been good with Ojemudia learning but promising.

I have not given up on Lock yet. Josh Allen was not great until this year:
2018: 52.8% completions, 2074 yards for average of 6.5, 10 TDs and 12 INTs
2019: 58.8% completions, 3089 yards for an average of 6.7, 20 TDs and 9 INTs
2020: 68.9% completions, 2587 yards for an average of 8.2, 19 TDs and 5 INTs

Lock this year:
56.5% completions, 1240 yards for an average of 6.5, 6 TDs and 6 INTs.

If you double his statistics then you are looking at 2480 yards, 12 TDs and 12 INTs. That is not horrible, but right in line with what Allen did in his first year.

Lock's INT numbers were inflated by 4 today. While I don't think he is a slam dunk franchise QB, but it is too early to call him a bust too IMHO. I don't think the offensive issues are his alone, he does have his fair of the blame to own.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does it seem whoever we bring in coaching wise and player wise it is mon stop suckness in Denver?

hmmmm, back to it starts at the top????

I feel like nearly every player that leaves Denver is better on their next team.
It just seems like that 5 years it has been a struggle. I am not sure why. Could be coaching, but we have made changes, perhaps we have not made the right choices. I like Vic, and hope he is the guy to turn things around, but we will see if he is given a 3rd year. This year has been incredibly tough due to COVID and injuries. Not making excuses, but it is a fact. The players that do suit up each week could have performed better. It will be interesting if anyone is used as an example as was brought up earlier in this thread.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it, because I like Simmons a lot, but I think Shelby is a more important signing. And yes the o line too

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it, because I like Simmons a lot, but I think Shelby is a more important signing. And yes the o line too
What about Miller? I would say Simmons is more important the Miller.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The drive at the end of the first half is why denver needs to blow this up.

mgmt went all in on Lock and he’s fools gold.
The rest of the season is just playing out the string. No even about finding out about Lock. Found out.
Can’t read a defense.

Maybe we can get close enough for Fields with a new FO

get the asst from Sf or Indy

its sad this city has to stand by with no accountability at the top.

fangio is a hell of a DC. Love Vic
I kind of feeling this way too but, think we should solve our ownership issue first. I'm hoping the Bowlens will sell.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of feeling this way too but, think we should solve our ownership issue first. I'm hoping the Bowlens will sell.
I think it is important that there is a resolution to the ownership issue which has been kinda a black cloud hanging over the organization for a while. Not sold on Brittany taking over but it would be better then the trust.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is important that there is a resolution to the ownership issue which has been kinda a black cloud hanging over the organization for a while. Not sold on Brittany taking over but it would be better then the trust.
I would like ownership with SpringStein deep pockets. I think Brittany would be alright but, lacks deep pocket part.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Lock feels like a slightly better version of Paxton , cares about the actual football more but looks like his mental makeup is mush. Looked like he wanted to quit yesterday. Yesterday was the time to say “let’s go” I’m the GD QB .

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before this game was over - I was looking to book a seat on Space X.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, I really don't like what we have for coaches here, but the thought of starting all over again really sucks.

I think everyone knows we don't have the right coaches in place right now, but we also don't have the right FO people in place to select the right someone to lead the team.

Can't we go back in time and hire the kid Shannahan?

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not challenge the spot on the 4th and 1
Denver looked to stop LV and fangio chose to take the penalty.
Odd coaching decision

maybe the refs said he had to choose not choose the penalty before they could review

how knows

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, I really don't like what we have for coaches here, but the thought of starting all over again really sucks.

I think everyone knows we don't have the right coaches in place right now, but we also don't have the right FO people in place to select the right someone to lead the team.

Can't we go back in time and hire the kid Shannahan?
I'm afraid a redo with ownership issue Elway in his last year of contract in 21 is unlikely. I think we are in one more year as is and blowup in 2022 if new ownership takes over.