• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes Fans 2.0

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free Agency is next week... where you guys at??? What do we want?

Free Agency is awesome every year until I realize the Vikes sign someone I hadn't heard of before. The last time I was like. "Da%^it" Only to be like. "Wow I was completely wrong!" was Chester Taylor and Hutch...

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not Hutch, But Chester played the Vikes game well.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free Agency is next week... where you guys at??? What do we want?

I kind of want to see them make a big run at Kelvin Beechum. He was injured most of last year but he was a really good LT for the Steelers before that.

To me it just makes more sense going after him and getting him a little cheap because of the injury than having to hand close to the same contract to Kalil next year because we have no other options.

I saw that Iloka has been mentioned but the Bengal safety we should be going after is Reggie Nelson. Nelson is a coverage free safety. Iloka is an in the box strong safety type. We should be looking for a safety opposite Smith who is good at playing centerfield so that we can play Harrison Smith in the box more often where his playmaking skills can come out.

Nelson would be damn expensive though so not sure I see the Vikes doing it with Smith's contract about to jump radically and with Rhodes going to get a mega deal in a year too.

Not sure what I want to see in terms of the CB they bring in. Will they bring back Newman at his advanced age? He did play well last year....but do you want to tempt fate and do it again? Or do you go another stopgap player like Charles Tillman or Pacman?

Lots of good options though. Be interesting to see how Spielman and Zimmer play it out.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely HATE the Sendejo contract.

Spielman has a major head scratching contract every couple of years where he pays a completely replaceable player a huge deal. Fusco, Carlson,

Can not believe with as few holes as this team has that we just locked ourselves into having Sendejo as our starting safety for the next couple of years.

Hopefully he has this out of his system now and doesn't make the same mistake of committing big money to some of our completely average and replaceable OL.

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the F do they give Sendejo a contract extension? for special teams:rolleyes2:

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the F do they give Sendejo a contract extension? for special teams:rolleyes2:

I keep hearing people thinking this was a special teams deal and where the Vikes might still go after another safety. That isn't the case. He is going to be the Vikes starting safety.

You can't pay a player $4M in this league to be a backup and special teams player. Backup QB's barely make that type of money.

Sadly enough this moves cements Sendejo into our starting lineup for the next 2 seasons at least. If this was a special teams contract? Someone needs to go kick Spielman in the nuts to wake him up.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The goods thing is that only $2.5 mil is guaranteed.

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signed Alex Boone. Guard. Probowler.

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing people thinking this was a special teams deal and where the Vikes might still go after another safety. That isn't the case. He is going to be the Vikes starting safety.

You can't pay a player $4M in this league to be a backup and special teams player. Backup QB's barely make that type of money.

Sadly enough this moves cements Sendejo into our starting lineup for the next 2 seasons at least. If this was a special teams contract? Someone needs to go kick Spielman in the nuts to wake him up.

I know it wasn't for special teams, hence the rolling eyes. Just can't figure it out, this guy isn't good

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The goods thing is that only $2.5 mil is guaranteed.

I expected a little more than that but that is good. The key will be where it is in the contract.

If it is in the 1st year or in the form of a signing bonus (likely is a signing bonus), it means we only need to see him as our starter for 1 year. If that guaranteed money is in year 2 of the contract, it means we will see him as our starter for 2 years.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signed Alex Boone. Guard. Probowler.

He is sort of the guard version of Phil Loadholt. Monster of a human that is an absolute road grinder in the run game. In the pass game?!? Not so much.

Be interesting to see if they keep Loadholt and he is healthy. We would have the tallest right side of the OL in the history of the league.