• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes Fans 2.0

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is sort of the guard version of Phil Loadholt. Monster of a human that is an absolute road grinder in the run game. In the pass game?!? Not so much.

Be interesting to see if they keep Loadholt and he is healthy. We would have the tallest right side of the OL in the history of the league.

TB better adjust his throwing motion or he'll hit those guys in the back of the head.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expected a little more than that but that is good. The key will be where it is in the contract.

If it is in the 1st year or in the form of a signing bonus (likely is a signing bonus), it means we only need to see him as our starter for 1 year. If that guaranteed money is in year 2 of the contract, it means we will see him as our starter for 2 years.

Only 2016 is guaranteed.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 2016 is guaranteed.

Nice. That makes me feel a little better about this. Means they are just looking at him as a stop gap at least.

Hell with that little guaranteed, they even could bring in another safety if the price was right. But my guess is that he is the starting safety this year and they will draft one in the mid rounds and see if they can't develop him and have him starting sooner rather than later.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The release of Wallace without a vet already on board to replace him surprised me a little.

Be interesting if they go after a guy like Sanu or just leave the position wide open with the idea that the 1st round pick will be used on a WR.

I'm personally not a huge fan of the draft idea just in case the rookie isn't ready right out of the gate. Don't want to see Teddy with too few of legit options at WR....guy has enough on his plate heading into what is going to be a make or break year for him really.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha...oops, the article on Griffin didn't copy for some reason.
Anyway.....Micheal griffin- starting safety.

I guess we will see.

Take the names away from it.

If a team signed on safety to a 4 year $16M deal and another to a 1 year $3M, who would you guess is the starter?

The Griffin signing makes little sense to me. He is a MAJOR coverage liability but still has a nose for the football (although he does miss tackles). If I am signing a safety to be opposite Harrison Smith, he is the last type of safety I would be looking for.

Certainly temper the expectations on Griffin. In each of the last 3 seasons PFF has rated him near the bottom of the league in terms of safety grade. But he sure got a lot of tackles. I hardly saw the Titans play the last couple of seasons so I have no idea where he is at now.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikes are bringing in Andre Smith from Cinci in for a visit tomorrow?!?

We are going to be an OL full of RT's and RG's?!?

They were able to restructure Loadholt's deal. They also resigned Mike Harris. Both make basically backup money I guess at this point. But it is expensive backup money in the case of Loadholt.

Kalil Boone Sullivan Fusco Smith

LT back up - Clemmings
G back up - Harris
RT backup - Loadholt
C backup - Berger

Seems like a bit of overkill at the backup positions especially since you don't usually dress 9 OL. Not sure where they are going with all this yet.

Be interesting too to see if they are going to cut ties with Sullivan and start Berger to save a little coin along the OL to pay for the new additions.

We knew the OL was going to get shuffled this offseason I guess. Going to need a scorecard to keep up with it by the end of all this.

Not a big fan of signing all these guys and not saving space for a 2nd-4th rounder somewhere along the OL.....but it appears that is exactly what they are doing.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikes are bringing in Andre Smith from Cinci in for a visit tomorrow?!?

We are going to be an OL full of RT's and RG's?!?

They were able to restructure Loadholt's deal. They also resigned Mike Harris. Both make basically backup money I guess at this point. But it is expensive backup money in the case of Loadholt.

Kalil Boone Sullivan Fusco Smith

LT back up - Clemmings
G back up - Harris
RT backup - Loadholt
C backup - Berger

Seems like a bit of overkill at the backup positions especially since you don't usually dress 9 OL. Not sure where they are going with all this yet.

Be interesting too to see if they are going to cut ties with Sullivan and start Berger to save a little coin along the OL to pay for the new additions.

We knew the OL was going to get shuffled this offseason I guess. Going to need a scorecard to keep up with it by the end of all this.

Not a big fan of signing all these guys and not saving space for a 2nd-4th rounder somewhere along the OL.....but it appears that is exactly what they are doing.

A. Not surprising they're going after depth on the OLine.... given what transpired last year.

B. Just because they're signed now... what guaranties are on those contracts. Just because they're signed, doesn't make it a certainty that they make it outta camp.

Not questioning you, dude... but how long have you been watching football?

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The release of Wallace without a vet already on board to replace him surprised me a little.

Be interesting if they go after a guy like Sanu or just leave the position wide open with the idea that the 1st round pick will be used on a WR.

I'm personally not a huge fan of the draft idea just in case the rookie isn't ready right out of the gate. Don't want to see Teddy with too few of legit options at WR....guy has enough on his plate heading into what is going to be a make or break year for him really.

Really?

He wouldn't restructure his contract, and his contract for this year wasn't cap friendly for the production gotten back. In spite of all that he said, apparently $$$ was more important. Good for him if he can get it. We have/had other areas of concern.

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wallace was extremely over paid in the first place and did absolutely nothing last year to tell the Vikes Org that he is still worthy of his contract. Despite the "Oh he is teaching the young guys some things" Now I know I am not there. But I saw nothing special... Work ethic will never been seen. Maybe the WRs drop effectiveness because he is gone, but I just don't see how him being on the team makes us any better with what our passing game did last year.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I guess we will see.

Take the names away from it.

If a team signed on safety to a 4 year $16M deal and another to a 1 year $3M, who would you guess is the starter?

The Griffin signing makes little sense to me. He is a MAJOR coverage liability but still has a nose for the football (although he does miss tackles). If I am signing a safety to be opposite Harrison Smith, he is the last type of safety I would be looking for.

Certainly temper the expectations on Griffin. In each of the last 3 seasons PFF has rated him near the bottom of the league in terms of safety grade. But he sure got a lot of tackles. I hardly saw the Titans play the last couple of seasons so I have no idea where he is at now.

So we have one at the bottom, and one near the bottom...I'll take near the bottom to start.

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad Newman signed another year. I thought he played well even for being 64 years old.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeesh, the available WR pool is terrible. Surely they don't think a lineup of Johnson, Diggs, Patterson, Thielen and Wright is going to accomplish anything.