• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes Fans 2.0

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if this is true. I thought he didn't has his natural speed anymore. He wasn't getting open. Joe Flacco can throw to the moon, but I am not sure Mike Wallace will be burning anyone on any fly patterns anymore.

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said, TB wasn't anything for a WR like Wallace. He is deep threat and that's it. Something TB doesn't thrive with.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andre Smith headed to Minnesota to shore up that OLine!

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the oline is improved, we'll see if we have a franchise QB

I agree to a point. Our Oline is improved so much this offseason, but from what I have heard and read. Our OLine is a bunch of run blocking gurus. Anyone want to tell me different. Boone and Smith i've heard are both known to be road graders.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree to a point. Our Oline is improved so much this offseason, but from what I have heard and read. Our OLine is a bunch of run blocking gurus. Anyone want to tell me different. Boone and Smith i've heard are both known to be road graders.

Never know how they'll respond to different play calling. Always a gamble. Maybe they anticipate a miss on one of them....

Also, how many of these contracts are guaranteed beyond camp? One thing to watch.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the emphasis of improving the oline was to protect TB, I guess we'll see.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah all of these guys are gigantic road graders types.

They should be enough upgrades in the passing game to be somewhat better than we were last season in that department....but we still are going to have a really average (at best) pass blocking OL.

That said.....this is a monster OL group for Peterson to run behind.

IMO the intent of this all was to make Teddy better by having Peterson run for 2000+. And with this OL, if he stays healthy and plays as well as he did last season, 2000 is very realistic. This will likely be the best run blocking OL we have seen since Hutch was still playing well.

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No FA receivers signed, Wallace let go. One has to wonder whats the gameplan at WR this season? Obviously draft and or is this the year Coradelle Patterson steps up?

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No FA receivers signed, Wallace let go. One has to wonder whats the gameplan at WR this season? Obviously draft and or is this the year Coradelle Patterson steps up?

Our 1st round draft pick is guaranteed to be a WR. Spielman isn't really one of those coy GM's. He leaves some purposeful gaps on the roster and then fills them in the draft. My guess is that they all sat down at the beginning of the offseason and decided they were more comfortable signing OL and drafting a WR than the other way around.

Just look at the roster (Total roster spots available):
QB: I doubt they take one but if they do it in the later rounds. And that means that they are already giving up on Heinke. (3)

RB: They have Peterson, Asiata and McKinnon. I would think one in the later rounds is a possibility but certainly far from a need. I could see one of the 7th rounders they have used on a RB who they plan to try and sneak by waivers and stash on the PS. But considering the PS isn't protected, they would be drafting a guy they know they will have to expose to the rest of the league. (3)

WR: Obvious need. They have 5 that they already will carry into next season so that makes 6 on the roster heading into next season so they only have room for 1 in the draft. Only other option is to cut Thiela(6)

FB/TE: Full. Already have 3 locks on the roster at TE and Line as the FB (4)

OL: Full Will need to cut a player at some point in fact. They either have to give up on Sullivan or have to give up on the C Easton that they traded for with Hodges for. And at OT they will have to cut Loadholt if they take a OT in the draft. I see cutting Loadholt as unlikely (you don't ask for a restructure and then cut the player anyway). So I doubt we see a OL drafted. (IMO Sullivan is already is as good as gone and the only question is whether they want to keep Easton or try and upgrade in the draft) (8)

K/P/LS. Full (3)

DE: Full. (5)
DT: Probably full. They resigned Ellis too and he isn't even counted in this number. (4)
LB: One spot left. Either in the draft or resign Greenway. (8)
CB: Probably one spot left. (6....really 5 but Sherels sits here on the depth chart)
S : Full. Anyone drafted will be to replace Exum. (4)

And if you look at the numbers in parenthesis for how many spots the Vikes will roster, it adds up to 55. So you still have to go thru that list and lower those numbers by 2 for the opening day roster.

Add it all up: Even if you are factoring in the that the Vikes plan on cutting and signing to the practice squad the 6th and the two 7ths rounders they have this year, that is 5 roster spots that are going to be a little hard to carve out.

The couple of obvious ones are WR, CB and LB. Other than that the Vikes will be looking to pick to replace. Like drafting a QB knowing they are cutting Heinke. Or drafting a 2nd WR and cutting Thielan. But not a lot of those moves make much sense is they like the player already on the roster.

What it all means IMO is that we should be looking for the Vikes to move up in the draft. Spielman has just done such a good job of drafting that there simply aren't roster spots for unproven rookies anymore unless you are cutting just as cheap 2nd and 3rd year guys with talent.

Laquan Treadwell
Corey Coleman
Will Fuller
Josh Dotson

One of those 4 guys is almost guaranteed to be a Viking. And IMO there is a really solid chance the Vikes use their 3rd or 4th rounder to move up in the draft to guarantee they get the guy they want. Then the 2nd rounder will be a CB and whatever they have left in the 3rd or 4th will be a LB (no Greenway back). And then that 5th rounder will be used to replace a guy like Exum, Thielan, Hienke, Asiata, Easton. And the 6th and 7th rounders will be guys who compete with the guys above but likely will try to be snuck onto the PS.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikes are bringing Greenway back for another year.

Yet another roster spot taken up. I have broken down the Vikes roster pre-draft for a decade now as a way to figure out which way they would go in the draft. I have never seen a roster that is so full with the draft still to come....and there really was never a close 2nd to this year.

If I am a guy like Cordell Patterson, Audie Cole, Adam Thielen or Scott Crichton, I pay attention to the draft and make sure I have all my stuff packed up come training camp because there is a solid chance some of these guys that have played roles on this team in the past aren't making the roster.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings to open the new stadium against the Packers in week 2. Not sure how I feel about that.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Percy Harvin retiring.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74