• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes Fans 3.0

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He died on his 60th birthday, R.I.P. Wade! He played for the Vikes for 10 years and he's listed as former Cowboys QB and coach, WTF?!?!
I was young... that was over 2 stints with us, correct?

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He died on his 60th birthday, R.I.P. Wade! He played for the Vikes for 10 years and he's listed as former Cowboys QB and coach, WTF?!?!

Yeah I was pissed about that too.

He started 69 games in his career.

1 came with Dallas, 3 with Oak, 14 with the Saints and 50 with the Vikings.

Hell one of those seasons he made the pro bowl with the Vikes.

....and yet he is remembered as a Cowboy player. SMH.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been looking around to see how the Vikes are going to improve their OG play. Simple fact is that if we want to be better next season, we need 2 new OG's. Remmers should never be anything more than a backup OT.....and Compton shouldn't even be on an NFL roster.

There is NOTHING. No decent FA's. No great draft picks. Nothing.

Spielman is going to have to get damn creative if he is going to fix the OL. I am skeptical of Reiff being able to kick into OG and handle the monsters inside (go probably as well as the mistake of putting Remmers in there). But that actually might be one of our only options.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been looking around to see how the Vikes are going to improve their OG play. Simple fact is that if we want to be better next season, we need 2 new OG's. Remmers should never be anything more than a backup OT.....and Compton shouldn't even be on an NFL roster.

There is NOTHING. No decent FA's. No great draft picks. Nothing.

Spielman is going to have to get damn creative if he is going to fix the OL. I am skeptical of Reiff being able to kick into OG and handle the monsters inside (go probably as well as the mistake of putting Remmers in there). But that actually might be one of our only options.

They need to plug the guys they currently have into their most natural positions possible and try to leave them there at all costs. I've never been a fan of how they shift guys on the O-line around so much throughout the seasons when injuries happen. Some guys are more versatile than others, and obviously there are times when it could make sense, but IMO I'd rather have 1 or 2 clear weak links on the line rather than trying to constantly shift players around and out of their most natural positions, thus making perhaps fewer major weak links, but an mediocre crew playing out of position overall.

I'd keep Remmers and Reiff as the tackles, then try O'Neil (isn't he said to be versatile? Still young enough to maybe make a legit shift to OG more easily, too) and Easton (if he's healthy enough) at G, with Elflein obviously at C. That is, unless they think they can find anyone better in FA/the draft that would be significantly better at any of those spots, then perhaps shift around the opening lineup based on that. Bring in at least 3 new G's/T's through the draft and FA, obviously. But I really think they need to try to focus enough on depth to limit having guys play out of position. Playing musical chairs with who plays what specific positions on the O-line obviously hasn't been working out for them.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to plug the guys they currently have into their most natural positions possible and try to leave them there at all costs. I've never been a fan of how they shift guys on the O-line around so much throughout the seasons when injuries happen. Some guys are more versatile than others, and obviously there are times when it could make sense, but IMO I'd rather have 1 or 2 clear weak links on the line rather than trying to constantly shift players around and out of their most natural positions, thus making perhaps fewer major weak links, but an mediocre crew playing out of position overall.

I'd keep Remmers and Reiff as the tackles, then try O'Neil (isn't he said to be versatile? Still young enough to maybe make a legit shift to OG more easily, too) and Easton (if he's healthy enough) at G, with Elflein obviously at C. That is, unless they think they can find anyone better in FA/the draft that would be significantly better at any of those spots, then perhaps shift around the opening lineup based on that. Bring in at least 3 new G's/T's through the draft and FA, obviously. But I really think they need to try to focus enough on depth to limit having guys play out of position. Playing musical chairs with who plays what specific positions on the O-line obviously hasn't been working out for them.

Remmers is too expensive, he should be cut. O'neil did fine at RT

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remmers is too expensive, he should be cut. O'neil did fine at RT

I have no idea what kind of shape you're in, but I'm confident that they could put you somewhere on that line and at least save a few bucks without losing much production on it.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So apparently they hired two more guys to be additional "offensive quality control" coaches, Christian Jones and A.C. Patterson.

So now we've got 3 guys listed as general offensive assistant coaches. Surely, that will salvage things if Stefanski and Zimmer can't figure it out on their own...