• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes Fans 3.0

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our current OC and DC are both getting HC looks

Going into 2019, and stating obvious, bears are team to beat. Honestly I expected the 180 of what happened week 17, I thought MN would be fighting for Home field and Chi for final wild card spot. Who knew.

2019 will be interesting. I expect GB to bounce back, but they have work to do. Chicago is obviously the favorites, but I think they are catchable.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our current OC and DC are both getting HC looks

Going into 2019, and stating obvious, bears are team to beat. Honestly I expected the 180 of what happened week 17, I thought MN would be fighting for Home field and Chi for final wild card spot. Who knew.

2019 will be interesting. I expect GB to bounce back, but they have work to do. Chicago is obviously the favorites, but I think they are catchable.

The Bears are definitely catchable.

I think a key point is how amazingly healthy the Bears have been this year. Outside of their nickel back going on IR a month ago and Eddie Jackson being iffy for the WC game. They are completely healthy (minus a small chunk of SPT'ers and depth pieces).

That is very unlikely to happen again.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you seem way too excited.

Season over. I think Zim should get one more year, but his seat should be hot. Fixing OL has be priority #1.

But defense needs work too

Vikes never deserved a post season bid this year. Zimmer is not a bad HC, IMO. He isn't the best either. But he can build a defense. The problem is either his or Spielmen's choice of OC, or if Zimmer is micromanaging. Which if that were the case, Zimmer should be on the chopping block. Picture it this way. Fans aren't seeing the inside. Zimmer's defense could be selling a a red shirt with Ketchup as a free gift. But forcing the offense to sell a white shirt with ketchup as a free gift.

I was the biggest Zimmer fan when we hired him. I have supported him all this time. But this offense never, NEVER did anything. His defense can be elite. And should be going to the superbowl. After all these upgrades, the offense is still the problem. My draft hope is OL...

We need to sign one top offensive lineman free agent and use two of the first three picks in the draft on offensive linemen...

I agree with all of you about the O-line being by far their #1 priority for the off-season. For as much as we can complain about how big of a step backwards the defense took this year, that and everything else needs to take a backseat to the offensive line. IMO they could get back to having a top 5 defense and it wouldn't mean anything if they fail to clean up the O-line yet again. They desperately need about 3 new faces starting and a few different players added for better depth, their current situation is really that big of a joke.

I haven't heard much about the team's thoughts on Dan Bailey, but they should really just bring him back on a 2-year deal or something. He could have been better, but let's be honest - for whatever reason, this team is pretty much cursed in terms of bringing up their own homemade kicker via the draft or someone young off the streets, and have almost always had the most success with just having veterans do it. Bailey was also coming back from injury that might have still been compromising his performance to some extent, so I think they should just avoid rocking the boat and bring him back.

Lastly, they need to get serious about bringing in an OC that can get the job done. I don't know what options are all out there, but the Wilfs need to be willing to break the bank on a higher profile name with a solid recent track record of success if one is available. If they do that and improve the line, they should be able to get a lot more creative with Dalvin Cook and bring another dimension to the offense than we've seen before. I'm not saying he could do what Alvin Kamara does for New Orleans, but I could see him adding a similar spark to our offense if they figured out how to use the guy. Bring in someone who can figure it out.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears are definitely catchable.

I think a key point is how amazingly healthy the Bears have been this year. Outside of their nickel back going on IR a month ago and Eddie Jackson being iffy for the WC game. They are completely healthy (minus a small chunk of SPT'ers and depth pieces).

That is very unlikely to happen again.

The bears are the real deal. I wouldn't be surprised if they win it all this year

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bears are the real deal. I wouldn't be surprised if they win it all this year

The game versus you all actually did a lot for me confidence-wise heading into the post-season. We hadn't exactly played a complete game on the road until this past Sunday. If we play like that - we might just be able to take care of business against anyone.

I still think winning in the wild card this week and losing in the next round is the more likely scenario. However, I now have legit hope that we can pull something bigger off.

I'll say one thing that may be arrogant... I am not, at all scared of being at home vs Philly this week like the national media says everyone should be. We're a phenomenal team at home and our only loss came as a result of surrendering two SPT TD's to New England. A game we still damn near pulled off.

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game versus you all actually did a lot for me confidence-wise heading into the post-season. We hadn't exactly played a complete game on the road until this past Sunday. If we play like that - we might just be able to take care of business against anyone.

I still think winning in the wild card this week and losing in the next round is the more likely scenario. However, I now have legit hope that we can pull something bigger off.

I'll say one thing that may be arrogant... I am not, at all scared of being at home vs Philly this week like the national media says everyone should be. We're a phenomenal team at home and our only loss came as a result of surrendering two SPT TD's to New England. A game we still damn near pulled off.

with that D , if Trubisky just manages the game and doesnt turn it over, u guys have a great shot to win it all

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with all of you about the O-line being by far their #1 priority for the off-season. For as much as we can complain about how big of a step backwards the defense took this year, that and everything else needs to take a backseat to the offensive line. IMO they could get back to having a top 5 defense and it wouldn't mean anything if they fail to clean up the O-line yet again. They desperately need about 3 new faces starting and a few different players added for better depth, their current situation is really that big of a joke.

I haven't heard much about the team's thoughts on Dan Bailey, but they should really just bring him back on a 2-year deal or something. He could have been better, but let's be honest - for whatever reason, this team is pretty much cursed in terms of bringing up their own homemade kicker via the draft or someone young off the streets, and have almost always had the most success with just having veterans do it. Bailey was also coming back from injury that might have still been compromising his performance to some extent, so I think they should just avoid rocking the boat and bring him back.

Lastly, they need to get serious about bringing in an OC that can get the job done. I don't know what options are all out there, but the Wilfs need to be willing to break the bank on a higher profile name with a solid recent track record of success if one is available. If they do that and improve the line, they should be able to get a lot more creative with Dalvin Cook and bring another dimension to the offense than we've seen before. I'm not saying he could do what Alvin Kamara does for New Orleans, but I could see him adding a similar spark to our offense if they figured out how to use the guy. Bring in someone who can figure it out.

Eh, I usually ignore posts as long as this. But I will up vote it just because.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, I usually ignore posts as long as this. But I will up vote it just because.

Getting way to nice in your advancing age ol' buddy!

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Buffalo has hired Heath Farwell as their Special Teams Coordinator. I don't get why we didn't take a look at bringing him in for our own Special Teams coaching position, the guy was a total beast for us on special teams for several years, as well as a few years with the Seahawks afterwards too. Then he apparently was a coaching assistant in Seattle for a couple of years, so he wasn't completely brand new to the coaching roles.

In other news, Brad Childress has officially thrown in the towel and bailed on his latest coaching gig as Head Coach of the Atlanta Legends in the new Alliance of American Football league one month before their first game. Maybe Zygi, Zimmer and the gang should call him up for a reunion to come be an additional source of wisdom for the offense as some sort of "offensive Analyst" role or whatever he was up to the past few years with the Chiefs and prior to bailing on the Bears for that Atlanta Legends job. After all, I'm sure we all have great memories of his offensive genius the last time he was here!

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You guys should have just rested all of your starters and let us win the game. Everyone and their mother knew the Rams were going to get that #2 anyway, and you'd have spanked us red in that wildcard round in Chicago instead having to take on the Nick Foles/Philly pt. 2 legend. Kind of like how it didn't matter when we sneaked in against the Packers as a wildcard in the 2012 season on the final game, they promplty whooped us in Green Bay the following week in the playoffs even though they also really wanted to win that last regular season game in Minnesota. But I think we legitimately costed them a better seed by winning also, where as the Bears had #3 locked up unless they both beat MN and L.A. dropped their last game against some cupcake team.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys should have just rested all of your starters and let us win the game. Everyone and their mother knew the Rams were going to get that #2 anyway, and you'd have spanked us red in that wildcard round in Chicago instead having to take on the Nick Foles/Philly pt. 2 legend. Kind of like how it didn't matter when we sneaked in against the Packers as a wildcard in the 2012 season on the final game, they promplty whooped us in Green Bay the following week in the playoffs even though they also really wanted to win that last regular season game in Minnesota. But I think we legitimately costed them a better seed by winning also, where as the Bears had #3 locked up unless they both beat MN and L.A. dropped their last game against some cupcake team.

Eh... while I understand your point, I respectfully disagree. We should have just beaten Philly at home. We were the better team (IMO) and in our own building. I'll take that matchup again and believe we win it 80% of the time. I thought having a real nice performance in that Week 17 game, on the road and in a hostile environment gave us some confidence for what would have been a tough road game the next week in LA. Especially given how we had played in a rather uninspiring fashion on the road all season.

I think we did everything right leading up to the match-up. We just dropped the ball in a few key moments in a game we should have won. First Philly TD drive, we were off the field but we give them an unnecessary roughness (helmet-to-helmet a full second after the ball fell to the ground) after a 3rd and long stop. Never should have let them drive the length of the field for a TD at the end. Couldn't turn our FG drives into TD's. Couldn't hit a routine FG in the nicest conditions you'll ever see in Chicago in January.

We just played a poor game and if we don't do that... hell... maybe they're still playing.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Belichick was the Vikings coach he would suck! It wouldn't be his fault that's just how it is!