• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes Fans 3.0

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is just bizarre this year. Up and down from one quarter to the next. First they were poised to ice the Dolphins game by the half, then it was a legit game thanks to Cousins's pick 6 and a full-on team meltdown into the start of second half. Then they turned the magic back on and destroyed them to finish it out.

Well, Cousins finally beat a winning team with us. And they can still nab a wildcard if they keep it together and win their next two very winnable games (@ Detroilet, Chicago at home in MN). I am absolutely not expecting this to happen, but I could see this team doing some surprise damage in the playoffs if they squeek in. There's no doubt they have a title caliber roster in terms of talent; right now it's a matter of simply playing like they are.

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is just bizarre this year. Up and down from one quarter to the next. First they were poised to ice the Dolphins game by the half, then it was a legit game thanks to Cousins's pick 6 and a full-on team meltdown into the start of second half. Then they turned the magic back on and destroyed them to finish it out.

Well, Cousins finally beat a winning team with us. And they can still nab a wildcard if they keep it together and win their next two very winnable games (@ Detroilet, Chicago at home in MN). I am absolutely not expecting this to happen, but I could see this team doing some surprise damage in the playoffs if they squeek in. There's no doubt they have a title caliber roster in terms of talent; right now it's a matter of simply playing like they are.

They are not going to be able to run the ball like that against any of the playoff teams, especially Chicago on the road. If they get Dallas I think they might have a shot. I still think they'll blow one of these last 2 and miss the playoffs entirely.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are not going to be able to run the ball like that against any of the playoff teams, especially Chicago on the road. If they get Dallas I think they might have a shot. I still think they'll blow one of these last 2 and miss the playoffs entirely.

I'm not sure how you came to conclusion that I was confident that they'd still make the playoffs at this point. I've maintained that I'm pretty sure they'll finish between 6 - 9 wins, while most likely missing the playoffs, since the loss in Chicago back in week 11. The post you are quoting was more me stating what I think "should" be possible for them, not what I think will actually happen. I even stated as much in that post itself.

Also, I find it a little ironic how basically everyone on this sub was telling me not to "panic" when I said the season was screwed after the Green Bay tie and Buffalo loss, but now you're happy to explain to me why I'm wrong for expressing a slight degree of less than confident hope after the blowout win against Miami. I literally can't win here haha.

Last edited:

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how you came to conclusion that I was confident that they'd still make the playoffs at this point. I've maintained that I'm pretty sure they'll finish between 6 - 9 wins, while most likely missing the playoffs, since the loss in Chicago back in week 11. The post you are quoting was more me stating what I think "should" be possible for them, not what I think will actually happen. I even stated as much in that post itself.

Also, I find it a little ironic how basically everyone on this sub was telling me not to "panic" when I said the season was screwed after the Green Bay tie and Buffalo loss, but now you're happy to explain to me why I'm wrong for expressing a slight degree of less than confident hope after the blowout win against Miami. I literally can't win here haha.

you're reading way too much into it, was simply responding with MY thoughts

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team fucking sucks!

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diggs 999 lolzzz he blows! Nice catch there to save the season!!

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Childress's Postseason record over 4 1/2 seasons: 1-2, including destroying Dallas in Minnesota before narrowly losing to New Orleans in the NFC Championship

Zimmer's Postseason record over 5 seasons: 1-2, including a miracle play win in his lone victory before promplty getting his asss handed to him by Doug Pederson and Nick Foles in the NFC title game.

Childress is terrible, Zimmer is great and it's always his players' fault!

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you seem way too excited.

Season over. I think Zim should get one more year, but his seat should be hot. Fixing OL has be priority #1.

But defense needs work too

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikes never deserved a post season bid this year. Zimmer is not a bad HC, IMO. He isn't the best either. But he can build a defense. The problem is either his or Spielmen's choice of OC, or if Zimmer is micromanaging. Which if that were the case, Zimmer should be on the chopping block. Picture it this way. Fans aren't seeing the inside. Zimmer's defense could be selling a a red shirt with Ketchup as a free gift. But forcing the offense to sell a white shirt with ketchup as a free gift.

I was the biggest Zimmer fan when we hired him. I have supported him all this time. But this offense never, NEVER did anything. His defense can be elite. And should be going to the superbowl. After all these upgrades, the offense is still the problem. My draft hope is OL...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Childress's Postseason record over 4 1/2 seasons: 1-2, including destroying Dallas in Minnesota before narrowly losing to New Orleans in the NFC Championship

Zimmer's Postseason record over 5 seasons: 1-2, including a miracle play win in his lone victory before promplty getting his asss handed to him by Doug Pederson and Nick Foles in the NFC title game.

Childress is terrible, Zimmer is great and it's always his players' fault!

I'm still not clear on your opinion of Zimmer... Maybe if you post it another 15 - 20 times...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to sign one top offensive lineman free agent and use two of the first three picks in the draft on offensive linemen...

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we go on and on about the O but the D isn't good either. This is an average team and their end of season record is truly indicative of that fact

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We haven't beaten the Seahags since fuking 2009 excluding the preseason... we're 0-5 against them since then. Urgh.

As to the record, I agree. I think we'll finish between 7-9 next season. Kirk alone guarantees that.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm giving Zimmer one more year as well and i'm also giving Cousins one more year, Zimmer as has been said is one of the worst game managers i've ever seen, but I still believe in the team he's put together aside from the offensive line which needs to be addressed heavily this off-season!

Cousins has had one year with us and there was honestly a lot of pressure on him, the contract and a team that was thought to be a QB away from a serious Super Bowl threat and it just didn't play out like that, I can't say i'm a big believer in him but lesser QB's have won the Super bowl.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, HC and GM will be back. Here is my take on roster situation. Based on over-cap we have 11 million in cap room.

Here are players I think we'll cut/restructure/resign

Griffen-Turns 32 this year. NFL is cruel business. He'll be asked to restructure or be cut. I hope restructures

Rudolph-Extend and redo contract lowering his cap

Remmers- Cut- Savings 4.5 million
Sendejo- Cut- Savings 5.5 Million
Treadwell- Cut -Savings 650K

This would put us at 25-30 million in cap space depending on deals by Rudolph/Griffen

To our FA's
Murray-Walks
Richardson-I think they'll try to re-sign
Barr-Walk, collect comp pick next year
Easton-Re-sign
Bailey-Re-sign
Sherels-Re-sign
Tom Johnson-Re-sign
Compton-Walk
Iloka-Walk
Aldrick Robinson-Re-sign
Anthony Harris-Re-sign
Siemian-I'd let walk.
Wile-Re-sign
Rashod Hill-walk
CJ Ham-resign

If they let Barr walk and become a player in free agency, they lose out on a comp pick. Still annoyed cardinals cut bradford costing us a pick. But I wouldn't expect them to be huge player in FA

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we go on and on about the O but the D isn't good either. This is an average team and their end of season record is truly indicative of that fact

It's a top 10 defense, but definitely took a step back this year

Griffen dropped off (older, off field issues....cruel reality)
Linval dropped off

Getting pushed around by chicago's OL was tough to watch