• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes Fans 3.0

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couincidentally, all 3 of them suck, as do the Timberwolves.
64aa60bdc55af41c28722ab08beaee17.gif

kobesgame

Fucking C**t Lawyer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goes without saying, this season is bust.

Eagles, Vikings, and Jag's all took massive steps back. I would still say Vikings are the most disappointing of them group.

We have Cousin's two more years. While he's easy to blame, problems are more than cousins. Offense really misses shurmur

The #1 priority has to be Offensive line, followed up by improving front 7 for defense. A lot of defensive players are not playing as well as they have, Linval, Griffen (he has things going on, but they're noticeable on the field), Barr, Rhodes.....even the Hitman seems a bit off.

I would let Barr walk and get the comp pick if it were me. And my offseason focus are the two lines

@MTVike
@fknhippie

Hey, there is a viking thread, did you guys see this? :)

I honestly still don't know where I fall when it comes to Cousins. But without running the ball and blocking up front, this team will go nowhere. The defense isn't playing as well as last year, but it is absolutely playing dominantly enough to win ball games. I mean, they've kept Russell Wilson and Drew Brees to under 200 yards COMBINED in those 2 games.

I don't think Flip getting canned will magically turn the offense into juggernaut, but there's argument to be made that Stefanski should've got the job last offseason. Hopefully it'll jump start them so they can make some noise in the playoffs, but I'm more looking forward to seeing the 3-game try out for the job. Stefanski should be able to transition easily enough since he's been here so long.

kobesgame

Fucking C**t Lawyer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sooo... are we to assume Zimmer changes the kicker's mechanics?
How Priefer still has a job after the kicking issues dating back to Walsh's Seattle miss are beyond me.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly still don't know where I fall when it comes to Cousins. But without running the ball and blocking up front, this team will go nowhere. The defense isn't playing as well as last year, but it is absolutely playing dominantly enough to win ball games. I mean, they've kept Russell Wilson and Drew Brees to under 200 yards COMBINED in those 2 games.

I don't think Flip getting canned will magically turn the offense into juggernaut, but there's argument to be made that Stefanski should've got the job last offseason. Hopefully it'll jump start them so they can make some noise in the playoffs, but I'm more looking forward to seeing the 3-game try out for the job. Stefanski should be able to transition easily enough since he's been here so long.

I think we're on same page. I've been harsh on the defense, but they're still performing well and good enough. Just not good enough to to compensate for the offense, and we've seen them be that good. I'm not all in on fire Zim camp, because he's specialty is defense, and we have a top unit in the league still...my only zimmer defense beef is we don't seem to generate enough turnovers

kobesgame

Fucking C**t Lawyer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for getting help on the oline this offseason, there isn't much in the way of cap space this offseason unless they get rid of a high-priced vet or two. One candidate....Everson Griffen. I think they'd take a PR hit because people would assume it is based on his mental health issues, but with Weatherly performing well, I could see them making a trade or flat-out releasing him. The dead space on his contract goes way down after this season and unloading him would save about $10 million against the cap.

kobesgame

Fucking C**t Lawyer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're on same page. I've been harsh on the defense, but they're still performing well and good enough. Just not good enough to to compensate for the offense, and we've seen them be that good. I'm not all in on fire Zim camp, because he's specialty is defense, and we have a top unit in the league still...my only zimmer defense beef is we don't seem to generate enough turnovers
I don't think Zim should be fired, but I think it needs to be made clear that he better get the right OC and STC in there or the discussion will be very different after 2019. If he's going to focus mostly on the defense, he HAS to have people he has complete trust in to handle the other stuff. Or maybe they need to take away defensive play-calling from him so he can spend more time with the other units.

kobesgame

Fucking C**t Lawyer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did hell freeze over?

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Zim should be fired, but I think it needs to be made clear that he better get the right OC and STC in there or the discussion will be very different after 2019. If he's going to focus mostly on the defense, he HAS to have people he has complete trust in to handle the other stuff. Or maybe they need to take away defensive play-calling from him so he can spend more time with the other units.

Agreed, he should be on the hot seat for 2019. Preifer has to go.

Carlson is doing well for Raiders. Something isn't right with ST and the common denominator is our ST coach

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did hell freeze over?

Generally speaking as viking fans we're on same page.

Now when it comes to Kobe Bryant or NDSU stealing Gopher recruits, that's another story

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for getting help on the oline this offseason, there isn't much in the way of cap space this offseason unless they get rid of a high-priced vet or two. One candidate....Everson Griffen. I think they'd take a PR hit because people would assume it is based on his mental health issues, but with Weatherly performing well, I could see them making a trade or flat-out releasing him. The dead space on his contract goes way down after this season and unloading him would save about $10 million against the cap.

He'll be asked to rework his deal most likely, not sure if it's age, off field stuff, but he's not same

But I'd add Remmers. Save 4.5 million
Rudolph-Restructure (might not be realistic)

kobesgame

Fucking C**t Lawyer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, he should be on the hot seat for 2019. Preifer has to go.

Carlson is doing well for Raiders. Something isn't right with ST and the common denominator is our ST coach
That fucker has made 90% of his kicks for the Raiders. Missed one his first game there and hasn't missed an XP or FG since.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah they might as well let Stefanski do the OC job on an interim basis and get a feel for how he'd handle it. It's only three games, but it's not as daunting of a task as asking someone to take over the Head Coach position in the middle of the season. If they like him enough they might as well just give him the job next season, hire a DC that can actually call plays and run the defense and let Zimmer focus exclusively on traditional HC duties, and for all that is holy fire Mike Priefer. I'm so sick of our special teams sucking so badly under the guy.

As for Cousins, they honestly don't have a choice but to ride it out with him for now given his fully guaranteed contract, especially if DeFilippo's was a big enough issue to can before the season even ended. They'll just have to give it another try next season with a new OC/hopefully a beefed up OL. If it fails again, then they should look to the draft and see if they can draft a decent prospect to sit behind Cousins or some other veteran depending on which season they do it (2020 or 2021 draft). Whatever happens, if Cousins doesn't pan out as "the guy", I want whoever they draft to sit for a full year no matter how bad things get, no need to throw a guy into the fire early when this team has already had such horrible luck drafting a franchise QB.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not hard to explain his happy feet when the O-line sucks.

Agreed. For all his faults, it'd be a mistake to not give Cousins an improved O-line before they give up on him. We all knew the guy wasn't Brees or Rodgers when they signed him, so expecting him not to struggle behind their Swiss cheese O-line against solid defenses was never a realistic plan. Add 3-4 new O-lineman via draft (as the priority) and free agency and see what the offense can do before scrapping the whole thing. Spielman had to realize this could be an issue when they signed Cousins so he needs to quit neglecting the line and beef it up to give him a chance to succeed before bailing on the plan.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His personal health issues aside, Griffen simply hasn't been anywhere near worth what they're set to be paying him next year. His 2019 base pay bumps up from about $4 million to nearly $11 million, but only $1,200,000 in dead cap space if they cut him. Given those things plus the fact that he's almost 31, there's zero reason to keep him at the current rate for next season. They need to either make him restructure with a pretty decent sized decrease in pay, or cut him.

That and let Barr walk too, let some other team overpay for that overrated disappearing act. He's having the worst year of his career so far despite the fact that this was his first big contract year, so I can't imagine he's going to get any better just because he gets paid.

kobesgame

Fucking C**t Lawyer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they might as well let Stefanski do the OC job on an interim basis and get a feel for how he'd handle it. It's only three games, but it's not as daunting of a task as asking someone to take over the Head Coach position in the middle of the season. If they like him enough they might as well just give him the job next season, hire a DC that can actually call plays and run the defense and let Zimmer focus exclusively on traditional HC duties, and for all that is holy fire Mike Priefer. I'm so sick of our special teams sucking so badly under the guy.

As for Cousins, they honestly don't have a choice but to ride it out with him for now given his fully guaranteed contract, especially if DeFilippo's was a big enough issue to can before the season even ended. They'll just have to give it another try next season with a new OC/hopefully a beefed up OL. If it fails again, then they should look to the draft and see if they can draft a decent prospect to sit behind Cousins or some other veteran depending on which season they do it (2020 or 2021 draft). Whatever happens, if Cousins doesn't pan out as "the guy", I want whoever they draft to sit for a full year no matter how bad things get, no need to throw a guy into the fire early when this team has already had such horrible luck drafting a franchise QB.
Mike Priefer has to have compromising photos of Zimmer, Spielman, or the Wilfs.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Priefer has to have compromising photos of Zimmer, Spielman, or the Wilfs.

Priefer is the Marvin Lewis of Special Teams Coordinators! I'm convinced the compromising photos must be of the Wilfs since he's been here for a few years before Zimmer's time. Maybe Frazier sold them off to him when he got fired...