• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes Fans 3.0

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't seriously be defending the Zimmer regime's coaching if you're watching this Packers game. First half has been a total joke. This team is bordering Mike Tice era levels of lacking in disipline.

Got em in second half!

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got em in second half!

Yeah it was nice to see the defense buckle down and get it together after Green Bay's first two scores that seemed almost effortless. This team would be right up there with the Saints and Rams if they could figure out how to put together a full game of quality football rather than having a great ~2 quarters or so, with the remainder of the game typically seeming lost out there. Perhaps there's still hope that the defense hasn't played its best of the season yet in general since Everson Griffen had his setback and is now getting back into the swing of things. I've had our upcoming game against New England in Gillette Stadium since the season began, but it'd be a huge statement if Zimmer and co. found a way to win there somehow, as well as putting us right back in the running for the division.

On a side note - It seems like the Vikes have a tendency to bring out the Ray Finkle in EVERY kicker who has been here in the past couple decades, with the lone exception Ryan Longwell. Go figure Daniel Carlson went and signed with Oakland and has gone 7/8 on FG's and 8/8 on PAT's after his meltdown he had with us back in Lambeau in week 2. They might as well stick with Bailey for next year since we can never develop our own through the draft without ruining them. Other than that, it's imperative that they add like 4 new faces to the O-line between free agency and the draft. This offense could be among the best of the league with even average O-line play.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think they should bring YOU in to bolster the O-line. Maybe even @fknhippie as well. Even you washed up oldcels would do better work than what they've been trotting out onto the field for the line. I say "washed up" with the utmost respect, mind you.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gross

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, could have really helped themselves with a win.

They played intimidated.

Let's be real, this game went exactly as any of us thought it would. You would have had a better chance of hitting the Mega Millions lotto than the Vikes beating the Pats in Foxborough, let alone in December.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be real, this game went exactly as any of us thought it would. You would have had a better chance of hitting the Mega Millions lotto than the Vikes beating the Pats in Foxborough, let alone in December.
Yes it did...but I'm not buying the "in December" argument, it was 51 degrees.

Just shows that this team is not ready to compete with the big boys..

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it did...but I'm not buying the "in December" argument, it was 51 degrees.

Just shows that this team is not ready to compete with the big boys..

We haven't accomplished anything more under Zimmer than we ever did with Childress running the show. So I want a Zimmer nut hugger to explain to me why he constantly gets excuses for his failures while Vikings fans were largely calling for Chilly to be canned 2 years into his tenure.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We haven't accomplished anything more under Zimmer than we ever did with Childress running the show. So I want a Zimmer nut hugger to explain to me why he constantly gets excuses for his failures while Vikings fans were largely calling for Chilly to be canned 2 years into his tenure.

Childress had much more authority than Zim. Zim took over a very bad team with very bad defense. Since he's been at helm we've consistently had good defense and in playoff hunt.

He's dealt with :
Ap lost for season
Ap suspended
Blair Walsh
Playing in TCF
Bridgewater knee destroyed
Bradford out season
Got NFCCG with case keenum

Not many coaches could do more.

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another solid road game outdoors against an above 500 opponent:rolleyes2:

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone else think DeFilippo should be gone at the end of the year?

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikes should win one more game...although Miami could have a losing record before they play each other...so maybe two.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Childress had much more authority than Zim. Zim took over a very bad team with very bad defense. Since he's been at helm we've consistently had good defense and in playoff hunt.

He's dealt with :
Ap lost for season
Ap suspended
Blair Walsh
Playing in TCF
Bridgewater knee destroyed
Bradford out season
Got NFCCG with case keenum

Not many coaches could do more.

You can make a lot of arguements against Zimmer, too.

1. He's been gifted the authority to prioritize defense in the draft and free agency since he got here. Has had full authority of defensive play calling for his entire tenure here, yet has a below average defense to show for it this year even after adding Sheldon Richardson as their 2nd high priced FA after Cousins. His defense consistently gets spanked by good teams, and sometimes even a bad team (Buffalo) slaps them around.

2. He got to hand pick Teddy for his QB just like Chilly got T.Jax. They even traded up for Teddy. Teddy never did anything beyond playing average in his 2 years as a startet prior to his injury, so assuming he was the answer before that is a joke.

3. Blair Walsh was a Frazier player and with the team for 2 years before Zimmer joined the Vikings. Go look at his stats, Walsh was setting records before Zimmer took over, and only began to fail under Zimmer's leadership. Beyond that, they had Calrson fail under Zimmer who is now succeeding with Oakland, and the 2nd most accurate kicker in league history is also struggling here as well. Not to mention they play a minimum of 9 games per year indoors. Couincidence? I think not.

4. Zimmer failed to beat Seattle team that was without Marshawn Lynch in sub-zero temp home playoff game despite having Adrian Peterson and the defense as the strengths of the Vikings. Instead of blaming Zimmer's game plan/AP for fumbling the game away, they blame Walsh for the entire loss despite being the sole reason the team even got on the board with 9 points going 3/4 on FG's. Couldn't even punch in a single TD with Adrian Peterson in a record cold game where running needed to be the key while the other team was without their starting RB. Pathetic.

5. Zim wanted nothing to do with Keenum this year and was overruled on his choice of keeping Teddy as fhe starting QB (which would have been absolutely stupid to do). Got his 2nd choice in Cousins as the top paid FA of all-time, still can't succeed with him. Blame Cousins all you want for his shortcomings, but you're delusional if you think this season would have gone better with Teddy, Keenum or Bradford under center with Zim's defense playing like garbage 70% of the time.

6. Zim always bagged on Keenum after every game last season. I agreed with Keenum's imperfections, but you don't go an entire title run type season without giving the guy some props at some point when he did so well regardless of what you think of him. He's also had a tendency to place a ton of blame on everyone but himself. This year it's execution and Flip's play calling, but forget how horrible Zimmer's defense has been.

Last edited:

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can make a lot of arguements against Zimmer, too.

1. He's been gifted the authority to prioritize defense in the draft and free agency since he got here. Has had full authority of defensive play calling for his entire tenure here, yet has a below average defense to show for it this year even after adding Sheldon Richardson as their 2nd high priced FA after Cousins. His defense consistently gets spanked by good teams, and sometimes even a bad team (Buffalo) slaps them around.

2. He got to hand pick Teddy for his QB just like Chilly got T.Jax. They even traded up for Teddy. Teddy never did anything beyond playing average in his 2 years as a startet prior to his injury, so assuming he was the answer before that is a joke.

3. Blair Walsh was a Frazier player and with the team for 2 years before Zimmer joined the Vikings. Go look at his stats, Walsh was setting records before Zimmer took over, and only began to fail under Zimmer's leadership. Beyond that, they had Calrson fail under Zimmer who is now succeeding with Oakland, and the 2nd most accurate kicker in league history is also struggling here as well. Not to mention they play a minimum of 9 games per year indoors. Couincidence? I think not.

4. Zimmer failed to beat Seattle team that was without Marshawn Lynch in sub-zero temp home playoff game despite having Adrian Peterson and the defense as the strengths of the Vikings. Instead of blaming Zimmer's game plan/AP for fumbling the game away, they blame Walsh for the entire loss despite being the sole reason the team even got on the board with 9 points going 3/4 on FG's. Couldn't even punch in a single TD with Adrian Peterson in a record cold game where running needed to be the key while the other team was without their starting RB. Pathetic.

5. Zim wanted nothing to do with Keenum this year and was overruled on his choice of keeping Teddy as fhe starting QB (which would have been absolutely stupid to do). Got his 2nd choice in Cousins as the top paid FA of all-time, still can't succeed with him. Blame Cousins all you want for his shortcomings, but you're delusional if you think this season would have gone better with Teddy, Keenum or Bradford under center with Zim's defense playing like garbage 70% of the time.
I don't find your team selections amusing.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who didn't see that coming...?

Name a kicker who hasn't sucked under Zimmer despite succeeding before or after him. Walsh was a top 3 kicker before Zimmer showed up, Calrson is amazing after he joins chithole Oakland of all places, and Dan Bailey sucks in Minnesota after being the 2nd most accurate kicker of all-time before that. Forbath mostly broke even but was still never reliable by any means.