• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes Fans 3.0

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I don't think there is anything productive to say of a "viking" fan pounding his chest about Zimmer and wanting other fans to eat crow.

I still think Zim is a good coach, I see no reason to fire to him. This season hasn't gone the way we thought it was too, but hey. If you want to beat your chest and revel in the struggles and attack other viking fans, be my guest.

Like I said, I was called a fool for my sentiments earlier. As the season has progressed, I've only been proven right in those statements. Do you realize that Zimmer's record is barely better than Chilly's was, and both have had about the same amount of time running the team (unless Zim gets more time)? I'm willing to bet you wanted Chilly canned years before it finally happened, though. This team board is such a pathetic circle jerk.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, I was called a fool for my sentiments earlier. As the season has progressed, I've only been proven right in those statements. Do you realize that Zimmer's record is barely better than Chilly's, and both have had about the same amount of time running the team (unless Zim gets more time)? I'm willing to bet you wanted Chilly canned years before it finally happened, though. This team board is such a pathetic circle jerk.

I don't think you're fool. I just have a different opinion than you and that's fine.

Had you maybe just said you still don't like Zim instead of demanding people eat crow because expectations weren't met, I probably wouldn't have face palmed you. That's actions of a troll from a different team

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you're fool. I just have a different opinion than you and that's fine.

Had you maybe just said you still don't like Zim instead of demanding people eat crow because expectations weren't met, I probably wouldn't have face palmed you. That's actions of a troll from a different team

Disagreed. Maybe it wasn't you specifically, but several regulars on here gave me a ton of chit and called me stupid back when I made my assertions following the Packers and Bills games. So yeah, those guys could sack up and admit I at least had a point about not busting my load prematurely over the team this year like most of them were. Again, I'm just pointing it out; I know the ones who were assholes about it will never actually grow a pair and discuss it, because they are incapable of doing anything beyond jiving with others who agree with them 100%.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagreed. Maybe it wasn't you specifically, but several regulars on here gave me a ton of chit and called me stupid back when I made my assertions following the Packers and Bills games. So yeah, those guys could sack up and admit I at least had a point about not busting my load prematurely over the team this year like most of them were. Again, I'm just pointing it out; I know the ones who were assholes about it will never actually grow a pair and discuss it, because they are incapable of doing anything beyond circle jerking with others who agree with them 100%.

I most likely said it was too early to panic, but I wouldn't have called you fool. I have different opinion and I'm ok with that.

Zimmer isn't perfect, no coach is. I still think he's the right guy. Before him we had a historically bad defense, last season we first in points, yards, 3rd down %.....this year we have dipped, but we've also had more defensive injuries this year, Zim was slow to adjust his scheme. Griffen not being as dominant this year is hurting and noticeable drop off

I said earlier Buffalo loss/GB Tie will haunt us, and it's playing out just like I thought. That doesn't mean I feel it's time to start over

We're still a relatively young team with core players locked up. They'll need to improve the OL, but that's a broken record at this point.

9-6-1 is how I think we'll finish, not sure if that is good enough for 6 seed.

I prefer to be optimistic and wrong than pessimistic and right.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In reality, the Vikes suck so far this season. They've lost to every contending team, wins against teams with a winning reocord...none.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team board is such a pathetic circle jerk

What the fuck man? Remember earlier this year when I questioned whether or not you were actually a fan of the Vikings? You prove over and over again that you aren't.

You seem to enjoy the fact they are losing so you can come here and say hey everyone look at me I was right the Vikes suck! I am always a glass half empty kinda Vikes fan simply because of what they have done in my 45 years of watching them but you are really annoying with this shit.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Vikings struggle next year, Spielman and Zim should be on the hot seat

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Vikings struggle next year, Spielman and Zim should be on the hot seat

I agree. And Tbh I'd rather they just rip the band-aid off and dismiss both of them this off-season if they finish any worse than 9-6-1. If they can make it to that or better, give them one last season to prove they can get it together. There was absolutely zero reason for that team to regress from 13-3 and making the NFC championship game to being an outside shot at a wildcard spot.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. And Tbh I'd rather they just rip the band-aid off and dismiss both of them this off-season if they finish any worse than 9-6-1. If they can make it to that or better, give them one last season to prove they can get it together. There was absolutely zero reason for that team to regress from 13-3 and making the NFC championship game to being an outside shot at a wildcard spot.

Is Cousins better than Case, most likely yes, but QB was wasn't the huge weakness on the team. The oline has been mediocre to terrible for the last few years, and nothing was done to address it.

New QB, new OC, same crappy line play = this years results.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Cousins better than Case, most likely yes, but QB was wasn't the huge weakness on the team. The oline has been mediocre to terrible for the last few years, and nothing was done to address it.

New QB, new OC, same crappy line play = this years results.

I've agreed on numerous ocassions that the O-line was the biggest issue.

As for the QB situation, you can debate that Cousins wasn't worth the money. Maybe you're right. But we were never going anywhere with Keenum, Teddy 2+ years removed from meaningful football and having yet to show he's better than average, or Sam "got paid 3x without earning it" Bradford.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've agreed on numerous ocassions that the O-line was the biggest issue.

As for the QB situation, you can debate that Cousins wasn't worth the money. Maybe you're right. But we were never going anywhere with Keenum, Teddy 2+ years removed from meaningful football and having yet to show he's better than average, or Sam "got paid 3x without earning it" Bradford.

I think with an improved oline they would have a much improved running game which would help mediocre QB play, regardless of who's under center.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another reason to put Zim in the hot seat is the number of times this team has not been prepared for a game.
Last years NFC championship, Buffalo, Chicago, just off the top of my head.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another reason to put Zim in the hot seat is the number of times this team has not been prepared for a game.
Last years NFC championship, Buffalo, Chicago, just off the top of my head.

I've felt this was an issue for awhile as well. Happaned several times in 2016 and prior, too. Losing is one thing, but it concerns me when a coach has as many games as Zim where his team absolutely craps the bed and they play like they all drank and partied the night before.

Don't get me wrong, I like Zimmer. He's always seemed like a great dude. I've just felt for awhile now that he'd be better off as a DC than an HC. To this day, I think his greatest accomplishment as coach of the Vikes was beating the Packers in Green Bay in the regular season finale to secure the division title in 2015. I don't count the Minneapolis Miracle because they honestly had no business winning that game after how they played in the 2nd half, it was pure luck which was promplty proven tenfold in Philly NFC title loss.

Last edited:

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck man? Remember earlier this year when I questioned whether or not you were actually a fan of the Vikings? You prove over and over again that you aren't.

You seem to enjoy the fact they are losing so you can come here and say hey everyone look at me I was right the Vikes suck! I am always a glass half empty kinda Vikes fan simply because of what they have done in my 45 years of watching them but you are really annoying with this shit.

Cut me some slack, breh. I'm a broken ghost coping with yet another Vikings season of disappointment. There's a reason for the beer in my ghostly avi.

But on the bright side, it could always be a lot worse. We could be Browns or Lions fans dwelling in complete and utter hopelessness rather than having any sort of reason to get our expectations up for a good number of football seasons. At least we've got that much going for us!

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But on the bright side, it could always be a lot worse. We could be Browns or Lions fans dwelling in complete and utter hopelessness rather than having any sort of reason to get our expectations up for a good number of football seasons

Honestly i'm not sure which is worse, without hope you can't be let down...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just remember @GhostOfPoverty there are a few of us who have suffered with this team a lot longer than you. Maybe some day you'll kinda lose hope like i've done and not be so devastated when the Vikes break your heart.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just remember @GhostOfPoverty there are a few of us who have suffered with this team a lot longer than you. Maybe some day you'll kinda lose hope like i've done and not be so devastated when the Vikes break your heart.

Yeah I've only been a fan since like 1995 and only legitimately started following them/the NFL closely in their miraculous '98 season when I was a much younger and less bitter about the history of Vikings letdowns. Therefore, it wasn't until 2009 where I really gave up being that rustled about their legendary meltdowns. I remember watching that game and how it made me feel afterwards while driving home from a relative's place where I was watching it with a large group of fellow Vikings fans. Felt like a total punch in the gut, the worst for me. Naturally, '98 felt more surreal to me than anything at the time, as I was young, hadn't suffered through any of it myself yet (only heard plenty of stories from my parents/grandparents/etc.). I still remember Gary Anderson missing that kick, and then just being in utter disbelief (but not yet completely hardened to it and bitter) when old Morten Andersen ended our season by putting it through the uprights in OT. Like that Eagles NFC championship loss for example, I felt nothing in that game but "Welp, here we go again." and knew it was over the second that Keenum threw that pick 6. No way were we beating them in Philly while committing those kinds of errors that year.

In all seriousness, I talk a lot of bs on this forum. I don't really mean anything truly negative by it or to come off as trolling, though I'm sure it can seem that way to people who don't know me too well. Part of it is my strange sense of humor about this team and our history (including what all went down before my time). In all seriousness, I still *hope* they can make a run this season, though I seriously doubt that's going to happen given their record and the remainder of their schedule. Also just feels like this is the Saints'/Brees's year to me, with the Rams being the only real threat to take them out in the NFC, which makes me a lot less caring about them making the playoffs as some wildcard team or whatever. Again, I obviously still want them to make the playoffs, but I accept that it's all but a forgone conclusion that neither them nor any other teams in the NFC are going on the road to New Orleans or L.A. to take those teams out besides those two teams themselves. As far as my criticisms I've discussed about Zimmer, obviously I'll always hold out hope that he/Spielman/the team can put it together eventually, or whoever is running the show regardless of who that may be. Obviously, I'd gladly be wrong about Zim and see him finally win us that elusive Lombardi trophy some day.

Sorry that kinda turned into an essay. Just though I'd clear the air on some of that, for whatever it's worth.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't seriously be defending the Zimmer regime's coaching if you're watching this Packers game. First half has been a total joke. This team is bordering Mike Tice era levels of lacking in disipline.