• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes Fans 3.0

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am happy with the Cousin's signing

He has his flaws. He holds ball bit too long, his fumbles obviously, and he some games the accuracy is just lacking, but other times he can drop absolute dimes.

How he guides us through next stretch will determine season, but I also don't think one season will determine his career here

It's hillarious to read some Redskins fans (on another board) still defend the move and try to stick up for the play of Alex Smith to back up their long held position. Smith has been downright terrible, they are winning despite him but they will never cave. It's awesome to read. Cousins has his fault but if he was still here, along with the young corner they gave up to get Smith, I'd like the Redskins chances much more. Now not so much.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hillarious to read some Redskins fans (on another board) still defend the move and try to stick up for the play of Alex Smith to back up their long held position. Smith has been downright terrible, they are winning despite him but they will never cave. It's awesome to read. Cousins has his fault but if he was still here, along with the young corner they gave up to get Smith, I'd like the Redskins chances much more. Now not so much.

I've followed that thread... some of that shit is :laugh:

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So given the regression of Keenum to where he always has been what's the feeling here on the Kirk signing? I won't front, I'm a big fan and I'm rooting for him but have only seen a bit of his play on the Red Zone Channel.

I said this here several times back in the off-season: Cousins was the best option the Vikings had back then, and he still is now. Keenum and Bradford have both already proven that they were much worse choices. As for Bridgewater, his regular season work since his injury 2 years ago still consists of an INT and two incomplete passes, so assuming he's going to wind up being on Cousins's level (a level he was never near pre-injury, either) would be extremely optimistic. Alex Smith was basically a 4-year older version of Cousins at the time Washington traded for him, and he's regressed while Cousins has improved a bit.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said this here several times back in the off-season: Cousins was the best option the Vikings had back then, and he still is now. Keenum and Bradford have both already proven that they were much worse choices. As for Bridgewater, his regular season work since his injury 2 years ago still consists of an INT and two incomplete passes, so assuming he's going to wind up being on Cousins's level (a level he was never near pre-injury, either) would be extremely optimistic. Alex Smith was basically a 4-year older version of Cousins at the time Washington traded for him, and he's regressed while Cousins has improved a bit.

I can't believe how much shit I am getting on that other site for my position on Cousins. I am being called Albert Haynesworth Fan. Crack me up.

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opportunistic Bears on turnovers. Definitely going to be curious if Cousins turns the ball over. Fumbling or ints. I was against the signing but he has been really good despite his flaws.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opportunistic Bears on turnovers. Definitely going to be curious if Cousins turns the ball over. Fumbling or ints. I was against the signing but he has been really good despite his flaws.

Cousins is an above average QB, falling somewhere in the current top-10 of the league. He's capable of playing at a top-5 level when provided with Cadillac supporting talent on offense like the Thielen/Diggs WR combo and Rudolph at TE. It would be very interesting to see what he could do with those weapons on offense along with an improved O-line. So long as they don't get too comfortable and get lazy/cheap with the tools they give him to work with, he's worth it. Obviously he's no Rodgers/Brees/Brady who can automatically put you in the playoff discussion on his own with a questionable supporting cast, but we don't need that.

All else aside, he's a clear-cut upgrade over the true game-manager QB play we've had in Keenum/Bridgewater or the injury prone statue Bradford that came before him. I'd say he's the best QB we've had since prime Culpepper when his feelings/confidence weren't too hurt around 2003, unless you count 2009 Favre as well. So considering all of that and how ridiculously hard it is to find a franchise caliber QB via the draft (especially with mid-later 1st rounders like we typically have), I'm beyond happy to have Cousins here when we didn't even have to trade anything to get him. It's pretty nice to think of him being just 30 years old, with minimal injury history, 6+ years of his prime left in the tank vs. what we've been used to for the most part the past few decades.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Mike McCarthy era might be coming to an end

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe how much shit I am getting on that other site for my position on Cousins. I am being called Albert Haynesworth Fan. Crack me up.
I think you won't have to take any more shit after today.

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh..... Who knew all you needed was Christian Ponder with a little misdirection and some legs to beat the Vikings defense. Hope they have some halftime adjustments to cover Mack. I have watched them motion a TE or WR into position to help with Mack about a half dozen times and they just run a route without even attempting to chip him.

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First time i've turned it off thinking we had no hope in quite some time.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait... There was a game today?

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First time i've turned it off thinking we had no hope in quite some time.

I said their season was done following the loss to the Bills and that Packers tie in Green Bay. I got roasted to hell for questioning Zimmer as the HC when his "amazing defense" kept getting clowned. "Over-dramatic, panicking too quickly", they said. A lot of Vikings fans should be eating some serious crow for that, but of course they will just refuse to acknowledge that I had a point lmao.

So here they sit at 5-4-1 with home games against Green Bay, Miami and Chicago and road games in New England, Seattle, and Detroit left on the schedule. With Zimmer's vaunted defense continuing to implode and that final stretch of opponents, you can forget the playoffs. I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see them doing better than 9-6-1, and that's being really hopeful. If I had to call it right now, I'd say they end up either 7-8-1 or 8-7-1.

Last edited:

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was ugly

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see them losing the next three games, two because they're in prime time, so we know they won't show, and the other is in NE.

Could be tough to finish above .500.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was ugly

Why don't you actually make an arguement against what I've been right about all season long instead of being a whiner and just face palming me? Because you've got nothing of use to say, that's why.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't you actually make an arguement against what I've been right about all season long instead of being a whiner and just face palming me? Because you've got nothing of use to say, that's why.

Because I don't think there is anything productive to say of a "viking" fan pounding his chest about Zimmer and wanting other fans to eat crow.

I still think Zim is a good coach, I see no reason to fire to him. This season hasn't gone the way we thought it was too, but hey. If you want to beat your chest and revel in the struggles and attack other viking fans, be my guest.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see them losing the next three games, two because they're in prime time, so we know they won't show, and the other is in NE.

Could be tough to finish above .500.

If they want any hope of playoffs they'll need to go 2-1 in the stretch.