• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes Fans 2.0

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is back next year?
What cap casualties will occur? (Greenway? Robison? Wallace? et al.?)
What position needs to be addressed the most?

I think Greenway comes back at reduced salary. Not sure about Robison, but i like his veteran presence on the DLine.

Wallace i would rather just have gone.

Position I want to address is OLine, WR and Safety.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just disappointing. Im still hurtin.

We played it smart. Not like 2009 when we were farther out and ran two shit runs to lose yards then went with the roll out. We had 3 smart runs, didn't get the 1st by a yard but made it manageable.

Some questionable play calling early on. That god awful outside run to AP to kill a drive on 3rd and short where he lost about 4 yards.

We really tried on 3 throws. McKinnion couldnt catch a nice throw from Teddy. The jump ball to diggs and then the play to Rudolph. That was it. Defense was outstanding besides the one play epic choke.

I know AP just won the rushing title but a game like this against a defense liek that shows how much of a hindrance he can be too. Teddy is better out of the gun. AP can't run out of it. He can't catch and he can't help block.

We must shore up the line. Get a receiver. And don't shoot me...but shop AP a bit. If he can get us something big in return to help the line maybe try it. Obviously if not, I wont complain about having the NFL leading rusher return.

And yeah, tough to just pin it all on Walsh...but Ive made 27 yarders.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McKinnon is starting quality in a Norv style offense.

That's another good point. I really think we'd need another back other than Asiata to compensate. But Mckinnion suits the offense really well between what Norv does and the way Teddy plays.

I don't want to jump the gun with one of the best backs off all time. But I feel it's a legitimate thought based on age and APs skill sets relative to Teddy/our system.

We all know line improvements is a must regardless.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teddy is better out of the gun. AP can't run out of it. He can't catch and he can't help block.

I can see how someone can be more comfortable in one formation versus another, but I don't see why both players can't be productive in both.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zimmer sure didn't sugar coat it. HA! I find it hilarious how blunt he is.

I listened to the press conference while putting in some windshield time. He displayed quite a bit of personality for the first time IMO. Kind of refreshing.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if they'll give Blair Walsh a contract extension.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I think Greenway comes back at reduced salary. Not sure about Robison, but i like his veteran presence on the DLine.

Wallace i would rather just have gone.

Position I want to address is OLine, WR and Safety.

I would like to see how Wallace would do if Teddy has time to throw comfortably from the pocket.
I know he looked pretty bad early in the season, by not going full speed, or not really giving an effort to go after the ball. But towards the end I thought he was giving a good effort and I would just like to see how it goes for him next year. Not at 11 million though, he will definitly need to restructure.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm nervous that the Vikes are making this move hoping he can "coach up" the talent we have along the OL rather than us going out and actually investing in upgrading the position.

I am still holding out some hope that this is the year that Zygi goes on a spending spree with the new stadium money about set to roll in. Would love to see the Vikes go hard after the best OL they can get on the market.

They are in such a weird spot with the OL this year. The OL was bad last year. But it actually is a really expensive OL. And it could in theory be solid again with the return of Sullivan and Loadholt....but it is too risky to just assume those two and a new coach can get it to the level where we want it.

Lot of interesting calls need to be made along that OL. Going to be interesting to see how Spielman and Zimmer go about it.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm nervous that the Vikes are making this move hoping he can "coach up" the talent we have along the OL rather than us going out and actually investing in upgrading the position.

I am still holding out some hope that this is the year that Zygi goes on a spending spree with the new stadium money about set to roll in. Would love to see the Vikes go hard after the best OL they can get on the market.

They are in such a weird spot with the OL this year. The OL was bad last year. But it actually is a really expensive OL. And it could in theory be solid again with the return of Sullivan and Loadholt....but it is too risky to just assume those two and a new coach can get it to the level where we want it.

Lot of interesting calls need to be made along that OL. Going to be interesting to see how Spielman and Zimmer go about it.

:scratch: Are you saying that they haven't spent in the past? The new stadium isn't going to give them any more freedom.

As it was, they finished 2015 with $3MM in cap space (can't spend everything... need to have some space for mid-season roster moves due to injuries,etc...). They should be around $21MM under the cap, once the league year wraps up.

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember him posting that at the pro day. Just have him run seams, skinny posts and fades.