• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes Fans 2.0

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should get to see at least 2 series out of the starters tonight. :thumb:

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fears that Loadholt tore his ACL.

:L

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to get Evan Mathis signed ASAP. That way Harris and Clemmings can battle for the OT position and at least our interior is set.

Losing Loadholt is a big blow and we all know that this won't be the only serious injury to our OL this year. If we go into the year as is, it is a huge failure on Spielman's part.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to get Evan Mathis signed ASAP. That way Harris and Clemmings can battle for the OT position and at least our interior is set.

Losing Loadholt is a big blow and we all know that this won't be the only serious injury to our OL this year. If we go into the year as is, it is a huge failure on Spielman's part.

:lol:

You were listening to KFAN this morning?

Depends on the $$$, but yeah I agree that they need to bring in another body.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

You were listening to KFAN this morning?

Depends on the $$$, but yeah I agree that they need to bring in another body.

No I never listen to KFAN. Drives me nuts all the dumb comments (and that is just from the hosts).

The nice thing is is that I am sure they get a big chuck of the money they were set to pay Loadholt back in insurance so they now will have a little extra cash left to spend on Mathis.

.....this is actually the reason Mathis has waited so long to sign. Every team in the league had spent all their available cash by the time he hit FA. He needed an injury to happen for some team to reevaluate their budget in order to get him the money he wants.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I never listen to KFAN. Drives me nuts all the dumb comments (and that is just from the hosts).

The nice thing is is that I am sure they get a big chuck of the money they were set to pay Loadholt back in insurance so they now will have a little extra cash left to spend on Mathis.

.....this is actually the reason Mathis has waited so long to sign. Every team in the league had spent all their available cash by the time he hit FA. He needed an injury to happen for some team to reevaluate their budget in order to get him the money he wants.

It may be covered by insurance, bit do they get cap relief? Not sure where they stand at the moment.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may be covered by insurance, bit do they get cap relief? Not sure where they stand at the moment.

They have almost 8M in cap space so it wouldn't be a problem (no way we give him that much).

The Vikes like most teams in the league right now aren't maximizing their cap. They have a team budget (cash) and it is significantly lower than what it would take to max out the cap.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have almost 8M in cap space so it wouldn't be a problem (no way we give him that much).

:thumb: I'd give you a "Useful" rating, but it's not available in here.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone watching the game tonight?

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking Blair Walsh misses a FG at 35 and an XP at 33?? I don't know what the fuck is going on but I do NOT want that shit to continue!!

Teddy looked alright. Calm under pressure, getting looks across the field, but not in a rhythm with his receivers - a little too high here, a little too wide there. WRs need to learn that the ball is for them to catch, not tip. Lightening delay. Not sure if it'll resume.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:clap:

Nice career with the Vikes. 11 years with one team. Best of luck to Cullen Loeffler.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So....that's a no on Mathis.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So....that's a no on Mathis.

Yep. Wonder if the Vikes even made him an offer. I bet they at least contacted him but just didn't have the cash to convince him to come here over a much more attractive situation in Denver.

Spielman has to be active during the cut down period and try to make a trade or sign a vet OL. Simply can't head into the season with 2 players who have never started as your right side, a center with back problems, a LG who really is a RG and a LT that was one of the worst in the league last year.

Our OL is going to be bad no matter what. But IMO we need to get a vet or two in here just so we are certain that it isn't the reason this ascending team misses out on competing for the playoffs. And we need to make certain that it isn't so bad that it sets back the development of Bridgewater as well. Teddy have better eaten his Wheaties this season because he is going to get smacked around more than most QB's this year I am afraid.

You can already start penciling in OL as one of our 2016 top draft picks next season and probably a FA or two as well. Need to pretty much remake this entire OL in the coming seasons.

Last edited:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Wonder if the Vikes even made him an offer. I bet they at least contacted him but just didn't have the cash to convince him to come here over a much more attractive situation in Denver.

Spielman has to be active during the cut down period and try to make a trade or sign a vet OL. Simply can't head into the season with 2 players who have never started as your right side, a center with back problems, a LG who really is a RG and a LT that was one of the worst in the league last year.

Our OL is going to be bad no matter what. But IMO we need to get a vet or two in here just so we are certain that it isn't the reason this ascending team misses out on competing for the playoffs. And we need to make certain that it isn't so bad that it sets back the development of Bridgewater as well. Teddy have better eaten his Wheaties this season because he is going to get smacked around more than most QB's this year I am afraid.

You can already start penciling in OL as one of our 2016 top draft picks next season and probably a FA or two as well. Need to pretty much remake this entire OL in the coming seasons.

Agreed on all of that. I'm sure we at least reached out to him. Would be psychotic if we didn't.

Basically have to pray that Kahlil is at least improved eeeek.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FINALLY. Time to see what we've got.... could this day be any slower?