• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes Fans 2.0

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
"All I do is catch touchdowns."

Well, at least that he could do about as good as anybody.
But him basically stating that he had some sort of inside info on the AP situation is laughable..
Why he would put himself in that type of situation is beyond me.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So excited about this draft.

We have a chance of actually having a top 10 set of CB's in this league. I just said that about OUR VIKING'S. When has that ever been the case?

And I love the fact that Zimmer has clearly talked Spielman out of the idea that LB's don't matter much. Zimmer's 1st two drafts here a LB in round 1 in year 1 and a LB in round 2 in year 2. So excited that Greenway will be a 2 down LB by the middle of the season at least. While our CB's have a chance of being a top 10 unit in a year or two, I really feel like Barr and Kendricks will be THE top nickel LB crew sooner rather than later.

And we got some really interesting prospects after that. Obviously all of them could turn out to be busts but they all have some big time potential.

Cummings could be the steal of the draft. He really does have the ability to be a good LT ir he can put it all together and that foot isn't a long term issue.

I wasn't a big fan of Hunter personally....but he does look A LOT like Michael Johnson coming out of college (tall, long and a better athlete than football player). And Zimmer was able to turn him into a stud in Cinci.

And Diggs has some really solid potential too. He was just stuck with terrible QB play in college.

I really think Spielman did about as well as he could with the way everything fell this year.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Yeah Ducky,
This LB core could be very good, as soon as this coming season.
Same as the D-line and RB, TE and WR. Could be a great group, I'm very anxious for the season to start..

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hope he gets better..major disappointment last year.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
No doubt hippie,
Hopefully Waynes can start, then Cap'n can just play nickle.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AP is out of his goddamn mind.

Beginning to hope the asshole just has a career ending injury

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess AP is done throwing his little tantrum now?

Time to shut up and play football.

Bitch.

I'll never understand how he thought the VIKINGS were the ones in the wrong during this whole situation.

But just glad it is all behind us now. Glad he is back with us. Looking forward to what is hopefully a monster season from him and the offense. Teddy B's job just got a lot easier.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An Evan Mathis signing sure would make me feel a lot better about our OL.

Spielman oddly didn't do anything about addressing the glaring hole at guard. I wonder if picking up a dumped vet was the plan all along.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
An Evan Mathis signing sure would make me feel a lot better about our OL.

Spielman oddly didn't do anything about addressing the glaring hole at guard. I wonder if picking up a dumped vet was the plan all along.

I was under the impression that they were putting TJ Clemmings at LG, I know the depth chart shows him at #2 RT, but I'm sure I heard he was putting in some time at guard.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think that is the plan but it doesn't seem like a good plan. Clemmings has only been a OL for a couple years now and all his time has been spent at RT. And he is more of a finesse OT type than a mauling RG type.

I can't imagine that this is how the vikes will start the season. Whether it is Mathis now or a different,cheaper guard that gets cut later in training camp, I think the vikes bring in another body at some point. Just too glaring of a hole now....and it likely won't look better by week 10 of the season when you are bound to have a couple injuries.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing waynes is even more of a project than most thought on draft day. Still not thrilled with the pick.

I guess rhoades came in with a lot to work on and that was far ahead of where Waynes is at.

Hopefully AP is done for good with bitching and owns

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy cow. You guys found a gargantuan tackle, Babatunde Aiyegbusi Dude is 6'9 350lbs. I hope he has quick feet for that size. Reminds me of Phil Loadholt that played for you guys.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Holy cow. You guys found a gargantuan tackle, Babatunde Aiyegbusi Dude is 6'9 350lbs. I hope he has quick feet for that size. Reminds me of Phil Loadholt that played for you guys.

Good to see you Retro,
Yeah, I'd imagine he won't be used much in passing situations..lol
And we're still waiting for Loadholt to live up to his hype. He's solid at run blocking but so so in pass blocking.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey JohnRandle. Likewise. There appears to be a certain critical mass size players where their mass is no longer effective because we all know in a lot of sports, if not all of them, speed kills and beats size nearly in every instance. As you stated, size is good for the run but if it can't be effective during the pass, you essentially have one-dimensional players in positions that require muti-dimensions. WE shall see how this guy works out along with Loadholt.