• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes Fans 2.0

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So frustrating even with an improved D we give up 3rd down conversions at an alarming rate.

And on the flip side no matter how many yards we need. We just concede 3rd down and rely on 4 broken tackles.

3rd and 5 and we call a swing pass?

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things sure got bitter on this board this season.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, then you know what you get? You get the Detroit Lions and Barry Sanders. Greatest running back of all time IMHO, and not a thing to show for it.

Without a line, you got nothing...

Not quite the same, AD isn't a quitter! Oh and Sanders isn't even close to the best back of all time...

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So. What was it Bridgewater was supposed to be learning?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not quite the same, AD isn't a quitter! Oh and Sanders isn't even close to the best back of all time...

15,269 yards with NO offensive line. Usually got hit in the backfield. 3rd all time leading rusher. Earned every yard he made. If I played that long for the Lions for Matt Millen with no hope of help in sight, Id quit too...

Emmitt Smith had a hell of a line in front of him. Got 3.5 yards AVERAGE before he was even touched. That isnt a great running back, thats a great LINE. Sanders was a great back. Put Sanders behind the line that Smith had? Shit, he would have 40,000 yards...

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Brown is the greatest RB of all time in my opinion.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brown played against part-time players. They played football on weekends and did their other jobs during the week. He wouldnt do much against todays NFL players.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15,269 yards with NO offensive line. Usually got hit in the backfield. 3rd all time leading rusher. Earned every yard he made. If I played that long for the Lions for Matt Millen with no hope of help in sight, Id quit too...

Emmitt Smith had a hell of a line in front of him. Got 3.5 yards AVERAGE before he was even touched. That isnt a great running back, thats a great LINE. Sanders was a great back. Put Sanders behind the line that Smith had? Shit, he would have 40,000 yards...

No offensive line? Bullshit, he had a couple pro bowlers on that line Lomas Brown and one or two other guys.

Matt Millen huh? Odd, Millen took over the Lions in 2001 and Barry's final season before he quit on the team, the city and the fans was 1998.

Sanders also had the most negative running plays in NFL history and he was taken out in short yardage and goal line situations way to often to be the greatest of all time. Oh he wasn't great receiving out of the backfield and didn't block real well either.

He also aside from what most people remember had a good offense around him for most of his career, Herman Moore and Brett Perriman were the first duo of receivers to ever both have 100 receptions in the same season.

Nope Barry isn't the best of all time, not even top three IMO, although he may have been the most fun player to watch because of the crazy stuff he was able to do, nobody made you say WOW like Barry did but that doesn't make him the greatest.

Walter Payton is the best running back of all time and it's not really that close IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown played against part-time players. They played football on weekends and did their other jobs during the week. He wouldnt do much against todays NFL players.

Also incorrect, Jim Brown would still be a great back in today's game but he wouldn't have been as great, imagine if AD was able to go against 190 pound linebackers and 230 pound defensive linemen... WOW.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You take any of todays players and plug them in back then. Players nowadays are basically groomed for the NFL way back in high school. College players fall into 2 groups for the most part: 1) those that plan on going to the NFL after college (major in flower growing or journalisim or some other useless college course) and those that play to get their degree (engineering for example). Are their exceptions to this? Of course. But look at the numbers of juniors that are "coming out". It gets bigger and bigger every year. Why? Because they dont want to bother with college. They want the NFL. Period.

Back in Browns day it was mostly, "Hey Bruno, wanna play ball this weekend?". "Da, Bruno likes feetballs".

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No offensive line? Bullshit, he had a couple pro bowlers on that line Lomas Brown and one or two other guys.

Matt Millen huh? Odd, Millen took over the Lions in 2001 and Barry's final season before he quit on the team, the city and the fans was 1998.

Sanders also had the most negative running plays in NFL history and he was taken out in short yardage and goal line situations way to often to be the greatest of all time. Oh he wasn't great receiving out of the backfield and didn't block real well either.

He also aside from what most people remember had a good offense around him for most of his career, Herman Moore and Brett Perriman were the first duo of receivers to ever both have 100 receptions in the same season.

Nope Barry isn't the best of all time, not even top three IMO, although he may have been the most fun player to watch because of the crazy stuff he was able to do, nobody made you say WOW like Barry did but that doesn't make him the greatest.

Walter Payton is the best running back of all time and it's not really that close IMO.

Sander did have the most negative plays in NFL history. That kinda proves exactly what I said doesnt it? That Sanders was almost always hit in the backfield so he earned every one of those 15,000 yards.

Sanders went to the Pro-Bowl in 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, and 98. Every year he played, he went to the pro-bowl.

Lomas Brown was a pro-bowler in 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, and 95 but he also had some "personality quirks" Lomas Brown: I purposely missed a block to get Scott Mitchell hurt | ProFootballTalk

Glover went in 95, 96, and 97.

Another thing to remember is every other running back on the list had a guy in the backfield as a lead blocker. Sanders didnt. Every other running back on the list had a TE that blocked. Detroit was a run-and shoot team. Their TEs were just big WRs, not blockers.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You take any of todays players and plug them in back then. Players nowadays are basically groomed for the NFL way back in high school. College players fall into 2 groups for the most part: 1) those that plan on going to the NFL after college (major in flower growing or journalisim or some other useless college course) and those that play to get their degree (engineering for example). Are their exceptions to this? Of course. But look at the numbers of juniors that are "coming out". It gets bigger and bigger every year. Why? Because they dont want to bother with college. They want the NFL. Period.

Back in Browns day it was mostly, "Hey Bruno, wanna play ball this weekend?". "Da, Bruno likes feetballs".

Jim Brown was 6'2 230 pounds, fast and strong, he would do just fine in today's game.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sander didn't have the most negative plays in NFL history. That kinda proves exactly what I said doesnt it? That Sanders was almost always hit in the backfield so he earned every one of those 15,000 yards.

Sanders went to the Pro-Bowl in 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, and 98. Every year he played, he went to the pro-bowl.

Lomas Brown was a pro-bowler in 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, and 95 but he also had some "personality quirks" Lomas Brown: I purposely missed a block to get Scott Mitchell hurt | ProFootballTalk

Glover went in 95, 96, and 97.

Another thing to remember is every other running back on the list had a guy in the backfield as a lead blocker. Sanders didnt. Every other running back on the list had a TE that blocked. Detroit was a run-and shoot team. Their TEs were just big WRs, not blockers.

It doesn't prove you were right about anything, he did have so many negative runs because the blocking was bad he had alot of those runs because he tried to turn 2 yard gains into 40 yard gains and ran backwards to get away from a player and ended up losing yards, he hurt his team by doing that all the time. He turned many 2 and 6 into 3 and 11 by doing that.

Brown went the Pro Bowl in 7 of Barry's 10 years, in other words it proves what you said about his lines sucking was incorrect especially when you add Glover.

Sanders didn't want a lead blocker he felt it just was someone else who got in the way and he actually did use one on occasion, Schlesinger comes to mind. He never followed a block anyhow.

Why didn't you mention the Matt Millen thing?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Because Detroilet has been so bad for so long, and Millen was there for so long they seemed to go hand in hand. The kitties have been a non-factor for so many years, frankly, I stopped having any interest in them at all for a very long time.

Didnt think Detroits fall began even before Millen considering how long they have been bad. This year is an exception. Detroit is one of the few teams that has never been to a super bowl. I wouldnt be surprised if they had never been to a championship game.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Detroilet has been so bad for so long, and Millen was there for so long they seemed to go hand in hand. The kitties have been a non-factor for so many years, frankly, I stopped having any interest in them at all for a very long time.

Didnt think Detroits fall began even before Millen considering how long they have been bad. This year is an exception. Detroit is one of the few teams that has never been to a super bowl. I wouldnt be surprised if they had never been to a championship game.

I must agree, until recently with Calvin the Lions were the most boring team in the game to watch...

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must agree, until recently with Calvin the Lions were the most boring team in the game to watch...

Only took 'em 4 tries in 5 years of high 1st round WRs draft picks to strike gold instead of turds. :dhd:

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
So frustrating even with an improved D we give up 3rd down conversions at an alarming rate.

And on the flip side no matter how many yards we need. We just concede 3rd down and rely on 4 broken tackles.

3rd and 5 and we call a swing pass?

I thought the Vikes had been doing fairly well at getting teams off the field on third down so far. Sunday was brutal though, Cutler had all day to pick his receiver.

And I'm not sure why the Vikes WR's don't make sure they're at the first down marker on 3rd and whatever, when running routs.....but it pisses me off!

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Only took 'em 4 tries in 5 years of high 1st round WRs draft picks to strike gold instead of turds. :dhd:

I've always enjoyed watching Lions receivers...it's the QB's they've been bad at picking, now it's the Vikes that can't pick a QB. Hopefully Teddy's the one.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Well, AP is not coming back this season....