• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes Fans 2.0

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Vikes had been doing fairly well at getting teams off the field on third down so far. Sunday was brutal though, Cutler had all day to pick his receiver.

And I'm not sure why the Vikes WR's don't make sure they're at the first down marker on 3rd and whatever, when running routs.....but it pisses me off!

Pretty sure they're designed routes.... but it doesn't mean that Teddy has to throw to them.

again... to all those calling for Teddy... What was he supposed to be learning by playing so soon, behind a shit O-line?

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, AP is not coming back this season....

So dumb. A 15 game suspension for a single incident is ridiculous. But I guess you knew that the league was going to completely overreact on this one to make Peterson an example. Had this happened 1 year before or after the Rice incident, no way the punishment would be this harsh.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So dumb. A 15 game suspension for a single incident is ridiculous. But I guess you knew that the league was going to completely overreact on this one to make Peterson an example. Had this happened 1 year before or after the Rice incident, no way the punishment would be this harsh.

:agree:

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again... to all those calling for Teddy... What was he supposed to be learning by playing so soon, behind a shit O-line?

This is how most QB's have to learn. Either they have the balls to make it or they fade away and start holding a clip board for the rest of their careers. Even with this diminished offense with the lack of Peterson, Teddy still has a more talented offense around him than a lot of rookie QB's have. Guys like Manning, Luck, ect played with much worse talent early in their careers.

And Turner at this point is not doing Teddy any favors either. I really thought he would do a better job than he has of getting Teddy a lot of easy reads and throws during a game. He needs to come in and run the damn football. The game plan against the Bears team was absolutely atrocious coming off a bye week.

There are some weeks where the coaching is so god awful that a coach damn near deserves to get fired for being that dumb. And last week was one of those for Turner. Running the ball only 9 times in a close game with your RB's with a rookie QB who is struggling and a porous pass blocking OL is simple unforgivable. It is just unbelievable how stupid NFL coaches can be at times.

But you have to play Teddy though. There is no other alternative. He is going to learn a lot faster and better struggling than he is watching Ponder butcher the offense. Once Cassell went down for the year, it was Teddy time for better or for worse.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, it's officiall...

Adrian Peterson of Minnesota Vikings suspended for at least rest of season - ESPN

Can't say I'm happy about it, but also can't say I'm surprised. IMO he should be penalized for his behavior. Unfortunately it comes with a big blow to the Vikes. Not that this season was shaping up to much for them anyway.

It's a bunch of fucking shit. NFL policy states 6 games, and after this entire clusterfuck with the situation, they ban AP for 9 unpaid games and "at least" the rest of the season, 6 additional unpaid games? How can anyone not think this is a load of overly punitive shit? Goodell needs to get the fucking boot already, he is a clown of the first order.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope they keep him.

IMO the Vikes have never had a better football player than him. And he is a physical marvel so he very well might still have quite a few years left in him too especially with a full year off from the wear and tear of football.

Sure wish he had taken a parenting class about 5 years ago though. If he had, we would be talking about extending his contract at a more cap friendly deal that keeps him in MN for the rest of his career rather than having to hear about the possibility of us parting ways with him.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been a crappy year for football in general. Even though the Vikings have sucked for years, all this type of BS and Goodell's buffoonery have caused me to lose interest in the NFL. After having time to cool down about it, I think it's a joke that the league made AP their scapegoat. Prior to the Ray Rice tape going public, the charges against AP were set to be dropped by the Texas court system, and AP likely would have played this entire season. Funny how all these overly judgmental pricks forget about that.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Our O line is just under 16 mil a year.

Packers have the number 1 offense in the league. They pay their O line a little under 9 mil a year.
Pats number 2, their line makes just under 9.5 mil.
Colts number 3 at 18 mil.
Eagles and Broncos 4 & 5 are at 21 mil.

Just think of what we could do if we cut
Kalil 5.4 mil
Sullivan 4.75 mil
Fusco 3.6 mil

And Peterson 15 mil.

That would give us 30 million to go out and get ourselves a decent o line. But first, we would need a good o line coach.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pathetic defense can't even stop the run to get the ball back.

So typical.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pathetic defense can't even stop the run to get the ball back.

So typical.

Sorry, but I'm still blaming this loss squarely on the offense. All in all, the defense did pretty well today. You can't expect to have your offense to jack shit for most of the game and go into he 3rd quarter with 13 points expecting to beat Aaron Rodgers and the Packers.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but I'm still blaming this loss squarely on the offense. All in all, the defense did pretty well today. You can't expect to have your offense to jack shit for most of the game and go into he 3rd quarter with 13 points expecting to beat Aaron Rodgers and the Packers.

Absolutely.

The offense is killing this team. The defense did a hell of a job yesterday slowing down a great offense.

I want Norv Turner gone ASAP. His play calling is horrific right now. How with a rookie QB and a OL that only excels in run blocking, he is refusing to run the ball more often is just mind-boggling. A good offensive coordinator would have got Banyard (who was way more explosive than a gimpy McKinnon yesterday) 100 yards yesterday. Kid clearly came into the game with a point to prove and would have proved it if we would have lined up under center and handed the ball off.

I hate to say it but Brad Childress as our OC and this team at or above 500 right now. Turner has done just an abysmal job so far.

But Zimmer really is doing a hell of a job with this defense. Going into this coming offseason we:
1) Replace Greenway with an impact LB.
2) Replace Robinson with a better CB
3) Replace Blanton with a better S
4) Keep up the DL depth. Johnson is a must sign at this point but it might be tough. Wooten too has been solid. Either keep or find replacements for both.

If we could do those 4 things, we are looking at a perennial top 10 defense moving forward. And we are in position to do that and still improve the OL on offense.

I really like where we are at as a team moving forward. The question is whether Teddy is the answer but even if he isn't, we should be cleared up to make a move in the 2016 draft should Teddy continue to look as inaccurate as he has been thus far.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a young team, take it easy :)

Bridgewater, was very inaccurate to start the game. Later in the game he was mostly on and receivers weren't helping him out at all. MN had at least 6 pretty big plays that were left on the field. I wasn't exactly thrilled with how GB played, but it was a pretty good game. Both sides made some mistakes that kept the game close. If GB played a clean game, I think they win by a couple scores. If MN had played cleanly, there's a good chance they would have won.

I hate to see it and say it, but I think MN has some good people in the right places in terms of staff and players. You're not there yet, but it's a good direction.

It was nice to see a pretty good football game yesterday

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely.

The offense is killing this team. The defense did a hell of a job yesterday slowing down a great offense.

I want Norv Turner gone ASAP. His play calling is horrific right now. How with a rookie QB and a OL that only excels in run blocking, he is refusing to run the ball more often is just mind-boggling. A good offensive coordinator would have got Banyard (who was way more explosive than a gimpy McKinnon yesterday) 100 yards yesterday. Kid clearly came into the game with a point to prove and would have proved it if we would have lined up under center and handed the ball off.

I hate to say it but Brad Childress as our OC and this team at or above 500 right now. Turner has done just an abysmal job so far.

But Zimmer really is doing a hell of a job with this defense. Going into this coming offseason we:
1) Replace Greenway with an impact LB.
2) Replace Robinson with a better CB
3) Replace Blanton with a better S
4) Keep up the DL depth. Johnson is a must sign at this point but it might be tough. Wooten too has been solid. Either keep or find replacements for both.

If we could do those 4 things, we are looking at a perennial top 10 defense moving forward. And we are in position to do that and still improve the OL on offense.

I really like where we are at as a team moving forward. The question is whether Teddy is the answer but even if he isn't, we should be cleared up to make a move in the 2016 draft should Teddy continue to look as inaccurate as he has been thus far.

:wtf2:

Problem is, we have no playmakers at WR. Bridgewater missed quite a bit early, and couldn't keep the D off the field. He was high. He was wide. He was lucky that none of the receivers came up gimpy. Middle of the game, he was hitting them closer to the body, but they couldn't reel it in.

Another problem, is getting the ball back with 8 minutes and change left, and taking over 5 minutes to finally put together a respectable drive.

You want to replace Greenway? He's coming off an injury from last season (broken hand), and also missed games this year due to broken ribs and broken hand.... he's led the team in tackles the past 6 seasons, and while he won't this year, he isn't easily replaceable.

What they should do IMO, is go to a no-huddle offense to start the game. Even if they still take their sweet time, this seems to be when Teddy is most relaxed... at least until the offense comes to him.

2 games in a row, though, there was no urgency in getting the score late.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were to look to replace anyone at this moment, it would be Kalil. If he isn't giving up a sack, he's getting called for holding. What happened to this guy?