• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes Fans 2.0

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But truth be told, I think Zimmer and Turner have shown that he isnt really worth the money he will cost next year, so I wouldnt be surprised if they say "Hey, re-work this deal, or we are going to have to move on". And I wouldnt blame Rick for doing that.

What??? The Vikings have been in top 10 in rushing every year since 2010. Guess what, they aren't in the top 10 this year.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone that could even think AD isn't worth the money isn't a Vikings fan!

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone that could even think AD isn't worth the money isn't a Vikings fan!

I will say that at his age, he'll need to prove he can come back and still produce at that level in order to remain worth his huge contract as an RB. He was easily worth it up until his suspension. I have no idea how Met is writing off AP as some commodity the Vikings don't really need. Take AP off any of the teams he was on as a Viking besides '09 with Favre, and you're looking at totally horse shit offenses (which were mostly terrible aside from Peterson and a few other decent players). There is no doubt that the offense heavily depended on AP since he's been on the team. Just look at how horrible our offense is right now, even with a better QB than Ponder playing. AP "isn't worth it" my ass.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say that at his age, he'll need to prove he can come back and still produce at that level in order to remain worth his huge contract as an RB.

I have little doubt that the AP that comes back (whether it be this year or next year, with us or not with us) will be one of the best versions of AP that we have ever seen.

He is a monster. And for the last 2 months someone put the monster in a cage and continually poked him with a stick. When he comes back, I think we will see the most motivated and hardest running version of him in his career. And with him, its just a matter of how long he can do that and stay completely healthy. If he could come back and stay completely healthy from now until the end of the season, there is a chance, although slim, that he could could almost single-handedly carry us to the playoffs just like he did back in his MVP season.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson was one of my favorite picks of the last 20 years, I loved the kid coming out of CFU. Fastest kid in the draft...

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Robinson was one of my favorite picks of the last 20 years, I loved the kid coming out of CFU. Fastest kid in the draft...

Yeah, it's good to see him back on the outside where he's comfortable.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's good to see him back on the outside where he's comfortable.

Yeah as someone who played corner my entire football life (High School, College) covering on the outside is much easier than covering the slot, it's just easier to cut off one side or the other, in the slot they can go anywhere... That might not make sense but it's way more comfy on the outside...

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
If and when AP comes back, it will be in a purple jersey. Book it.

Oh yeah..I havn't seen one reason to think otherwise.
They would have started him the week after his arrest, if not for a couple sponsors throwing a shit fit.
The ownership, GM and coaches want him back..

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah as someone who played corner my entire football life (High School, College) covering on the outside is much easier than covering the slot, it's just easier to cut off one side or the other, in the slot they can go anywhere... That might not make sense but it's way more comfy on the outside...

I played DT, and even I realized playing outside CB had some significant advantages. I think the primary reason slot might be easier is strictly because most times, a team's best WRs are on the outside, leaving an easier receiver to cover in the slot. Aside from that, covering the slot isn't for every corner by any means.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oh yeah..I havn't seen one reason to think otherwise.
They would have started him the week after his arrest, if not for a couple sponsors throwing a shit fit.
The ownership, GM and coaches want him back..

I think the Vikings have learned that they CAN survive without AD. I think IF he comes back, it will be up to him, but I expect them to either re-work his deal or cut him loose. I cant see them keeping him for the money in his contract:

Adrian Peterson Contract Details and Salary Cap Charges | Over The Cap

If they cut him before June 1, there is only a 2.4 mil cap hit. After Jume 1, 13 mil...

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I think the Vikings have learned that they CAN survive without AD. I think IF he comes back, it will be up to him, but I expect them to either re-work his deal or cut him loose. I cant see them keeping him for the money in his contract:

Adrian Peterson Contract Details and Salary Cap Charges | Over The Cap

If they cut him before June 1, there is only a 2.4 mil cap hit. After Jume 1, 13 mil...

When did they learn that? lol
I think they need him, and might try to restructure his deal, but even at 13 mil. for next season is not extraordinary for a RB of his caliber. He's fresh coming out of this season for sure. He could restructure a deal and pay the Vikes back for any game that he was paid, but didn't play in this season. That would be cool. But even if he doesn't accept that type of deal, he's worth having here, until he starts to decline anyway.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I played DT, and even I realized playing outside CB had some significant advantages. I think the primary reason slot might be easier is strictly because most times, a team's best WRs are on the outside, leaving an easier receiver to cover in the slot. Aside from that, covering the slot isn't for every corner by any means.

IMO, slot receivers are far more shifty. It would be tough to cover a slot guy just because he has the whole middle to roam.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Vikings finished the year last year 8th in the league in total rushing yards. Right now, without AD, they are 11th.

And the O line "supposedly" isnt as good right now as it was last year because of the injuries to Fusco, Sully, and Rudy.

The Vikings would like to keep AD to be sure. But if it comes down to keeping AD OR getting a quality O lineman for example in free agency, look for AD to rework or pack his bags...

Last edited by a moderator:

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vikings finished the year last year 8th in the league in total rushing yards. Right now, without AD, they are 11th.

And the O line "supposedly" isnt as good right now as it was last year because of the injuries to Fusco, Sully, and Rudy.

The Vikings would like to keep AD to be sure. But if it comes down to keeping AD OR getting a quality O lineman for example in free agency, look for AD to rework or pack his bags...

Do you even watch the Vikings? The O-line has been joke all year, even before the injuries you mentioned. What exactly do you not understand about the fact that total rushing yards alone doesn't define the difference between having AD in or not in this offense? How much clearer can I be that while AP consistently took on 7-8 man boxes his entire career here aside from the 1 year of an ancient but good Favre, the backups we currently have in don't draw that kind of attention? That makes it significantly easier to run the ball, yet we still aren't performing as well in rushing as we did with AP, and without AP defenses focus their attention on feasting on our rookie QB.

Go tell Teddy Bridgewater his life at QB wouldn't get much easier at all if AP returned to the lineup. Tell anyone on that team that he wouldn't significantly help that offense. Better yet, go ask any defensive coordinator in the NFL who they'd rather prep to play against, Adrian Peterson or the Jerrick McKinnon/Matt Asiata duo. They would all laugh their asses off at you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thats why I said "supposedly". The O line IS a joke. Ive been saying that since they drafted Ponder instead of Pouncy in the first round and signed Sully to that big contract.

Thats also why I say, if its a choice between getting a stud O lineman off free agency or keeping ADs current contract. there really isnt a lot to think about...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats why I said "supposedly". The O line IS a joke. Ive been saying that since they drafted Ponder instead of Pouncy in the first round and signed Sully to that big contract.

Thats also why I say, if its a choice between getting a stud O lineman off free agency or keeping ADs current contract. there really isnt a lot to think about...

No shit. You keep the hall of fame running back.