• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes Fans 2.0

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
The Bears will kick some Pack ass this week...and then the Vikes will sweep them. lol

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During his press conference Monday, Zimmer was pretty clear that it's not all on him throwing off the mark. He stated that the receivers need to make sure they're in the right place when the ball is thrown to them, Patterson seems to give up on routs and never makes an adjustment to get to the ball.

Yeah that Patterson one he did give up on it early and I heard something about the sun too. But Teddy could do better to sit back be a little more patient he's over shot wright and Jennings bad on a couple.

But, as I said I'd rather this be the issue than the fact that he can't throw it there at all. This is something that can be corrected very easily with more experience(and hopefully a star RB back.)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I read a few things on it on Bleacher report. The consensus is, that Teddy is trying to throw to the man instead of to the open area of the field and letting the receiver do his part. He has no trouble on deep outs or ins, just the go route. Easily correctable.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read a few things on it on Bleacher report. The consensus is, that Teddy is trying to throw to the man instead of to the open area of the field and letting the receiver do his part. He has no trouble on deep outs or ins, just the go route. Easily correctable.

Hmmm.... interesting thought to "Ponder"...

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's put Ponder at RB and give him a couple carries a game. After all, that was always his greatest strength.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm.... interesting thought to "Ponder"...

When I see Teddy's inaccurate deep balls, I think of Tavaris not Ponder.

Ponder was never going to throw a deep ball. Never had the arm for it. But both Teddy and Jackson do. Jackson was unable to correct his deep ball issues and he is now a reserve NFL QB because of it. If Teddy isn't able to fix it, the same will be true of him. A QB in this league has to be able to and the very least scare defenses deep. Hopefully we see some improvement in the coming weeks there from Teddy.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I see Teddy's inaccurate deep balls, I think of Tavaris not Ponder.

Ponder was never going to throw a deep ball. Never had the arm for it. But both Teddy and Jackson do. Jackson was unable to correct his deep ball issues and he is now a reserve NFL QB because of it. If Teddy isn't able to fix it, the same will be true of him. A QB in this league has to be able to and the very least scare defenses deep. Hopefully we see some improvement in the coming weeks there from Teddy.

You said deep balls...

ngbbs4602e9d37c18a.gif

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Vikings released a statement today. I only have one question...

Is a statement still a statement if it doesn't actually say anything?

:think:

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Vikings released a statement today. I only have one question...

Is a statement still a statement if it doesn't actually say anything?

:think:

I really don't like what Zimmer said today about it.

I'm going to throw a ****-fit if they cut him.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't like what Zimmer said today about it.

I'm going to throw a ****-fit if they cut him.

Tell me about it. Been a fan since I was a kid, but I'm honestly starting to get fed up with this franchise. The endless years of heartache losses have been enough to deal with, and the NFL both over punishing AP (in turn screwing our entire season over), was also enough. If they outright cut him after all of this hose shit, then I'm sad to say that I might just give up on them at that point.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Vikings have the 8th best win-loss record in league history. 7th best since the merger. You can bail if you want. Personally, I dont watch them hoping that someday they will win a super bowl. I watch them because they are a fun team to watch...

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vikings have the 8th best win-loss record in league history. 7th best since the merger. You can bail if you want. Personally, I dont watch them hoping that someday they will win a super bowl. I watch them because they are a fun team to watch...

Yep... with an awful lot of "bad" coaches... Childress, Green, Burns, etc...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yep... with an awful lot of "bad" coaches... Childress, Green, Burns, etc...

I think Green was a horrible coach only because of the kneel down with 30 secs on the clock in 98.

But truthfully, as the Vikings head coach, Denny Green only had 1 losing season which was his last, 2001. His real downfall I think is when Red made him the "de facto" GM in 2000. Should have stuck to "just" being a head coach, instead of a head case...

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn't say I'd "bail", just that I'm getting fed up with how this team is run. Cutting AP over this after all he's done for this franchise would be total bullshit, and a big moral killer for the team. I want to see them set PC aside and bring him back for his rightful second chance. The public will get over it, and already has begun to.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Where in Gods name have you ever heard a reliable source say anything about the Vikings cutting AD? Zimmer said point blank in his last presser he would be welcomed back, but his hands are tied, its up to the league when and if he can play.

But truth be told, I think Zimmer and Turner have shown that he isnt really worth the money he will cost next year, so I wouldnt be surprised if they say "Hey, re-work this deal, or we are going to have to move on". And I wouldnt blame Rick for doing that.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But truth be told, I think Zimmer and Turner have shown that he isnt really worth the money he will cost next year, so I wouldnt be surprised if they say "Hey, re-work this deal, or we are going to have to move on". And I wouldnt blame Rick for doing that.

When did Zimmer and Turner prove that?

Our offense has been absolutely pathetic this season because we completely lack an identity without Peterson.

People need to quit looking at the running stats and thinking we are OK without Peterson. Defenses play us differently without him on the team and it is making life harder on Bridgewater than it has to be because of it.

We are averaging about a TD less a game this year than we over the previous couple of seasons and the sole reason for that is not having Peterson. You put Peterson back on the field and a lot of the ills that plague this offseason (especially the OL play) completely changes because it gives us an identity and he draws so much attention that it makes everyone around him better.

There aren't a lot of offensive players that aren't QB's that are worth north of $10 million in a season. Peterson absolutely has been (of course at the fragile RB position that might change going forward). No way the Vikes should cut him because Asiata and McKinnon have done OK against soft 7 man fronts where the opposing defenses were daring us to run the ball.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did Zimmer and Turner prove that?

Our offense has been absolutely pathetic this season because we completely lack an identity without Peterson.

People need to quit looking at the running stats and thinking we are OK without Peterson. Defenses play us differently without him on the team and it is making life harder on Bridgewater than it has to be because of it.

We are averaging about a TD less a game this year than we over the previous couple of seasons and the sole reason for that is not having Peterson. You put Peterson back on the field and a lot of the ills that plague this offseason (especially the OL play) completely changes because it gives us an identity and he draws so much attention that it makes everyone around him better.

There aren't a lot of offensive players that aren't QB's that are worth north of $10 million in a season. Peterson absolutely has been (of course at the fragile RB position that might change going forward). No way the Vikes should cut him because Asiata and McKinnon have done OK against soft 7 man fronts where the opposing defenses were daring us to run the ball.

You said it very well. Remember Met's sentiment that Simmer and Turner have "proven AP isn't worth it" might be the most ignorant thing I've ever heard about the Vikings. Either Met hasn't been watching many Vikings games since AP entered the league, or h just doesn't know much about football. You can't just look at stat lines and call it a day when assessing a player's value.

Sure, our backups have done okay, but teams play us much differently now than they did with AP in th backfield. No more do we see minimums of 7-8 men in the box against opposing defenses on virtually every play. With AP gone, that all changed, and teams had the opportunity to focus most of their attention on our young QB. Saying AP doesn't matter to this team I like saying prime Randy Moss didn't matter to the Vikings in his first stint here, when it was painfully obvious that he single handedly helped turn some crappy to average at best QBs into good/great QBs, and completely changed the way defenses played the Vikings while he was on the field.

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD needs to reinstated yesterday and its time to move on, its a F-IN shame he won't be in the lineup Sunday against the Bears.:gaah:

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD needs to reinstated yesterday and its time to move on, its a F-IN shame he won't be in the lineup Sunday against the Bears.:gaah:

Was supposed to get six games, now going on 9. He's already been over-punished big time. I'm not saying he didn't deserve SOME punishment (the 6 games should have been sufficient), but let's not forget that prior to the Ray Rice tape being made public and the public outrage over it, the courts had dropped the charges against AP, then quickly decided to "reconsider" the charges after the Rice incident. So, AP went from most likely playing this entire season without court punishment, to going on a 9 game suspension and his career being railroaded over it. People get second chances for worse every fucking day of the year, people need to let him have his shot and move the fuck on. This is a mockery to human intelligence.