• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes Fans 2.0

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Confirmed what most already know: Ponder sucks the big one. Case closed.

We basically threw the towel in to play it safe with Bridgewater in a short week. From the sounds of it he should be good to go for next game.

And yes, I agree, with Cassel out we really need a better back-up available than Ponder. He has no business in the NFL.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, Ponder did pretty goodly huh? ;-)

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1

We basically threw the towel in to play it safe with Bridgewater in a short week. From the sounds of it he should be good to go for next game.

And yes, I agree, with Cassel out we really need a better back-up available than Ponder. He has no business in the NFL.

It was all in the timing. They made it sound like if this game would have been on Sunday, he most likely would have been good to go.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay now that i've calmed down, Ponder sucks!

Oh well, time to beat up the Lions!

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ooh-oo child
Things are gonna get easier
Ooh-oo child
Things'll get brighter

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't pin last night entirely on Ponder. Yes he sucks, but he had NO protection. That was the worst I'd seen the O-line play all year.

In addition to that, the receivers weren't getting open. GB was jamming them off the line all night, disrupting their patterns and rhythm. Why can't our defensive backs play like that? We line up close, but then just run with the receivers... need to jam them inside that 5 yards, then release.

It's going to be a long, up and down season..... at least Zimmer said that feelings were going to be hurt in their next meetings.... sounds like he's going to be holding people accountable by cutting playing time.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Can't pin last night entirely on Ponder. Yes he sucks, but he had NO protection. That was the worst I'd seen the O-line play all year.

In addition to that, the receivers weren't getting open. GB was jamming them off the line all night, disrupting their patterns and rhythm. Why can't our defensive backs play like that? We line up close, but then just run with the receivers... need to jam them inside that 5 yards, then release.

It's going to be a long, up and down season..... at least Zimmer said that feelings were going to be hurt in their next meetings.... sounds like he's going to be holding people accountable by cutting playing time.

I can pin it on him...A better qb would have made the throws on target.
IMO it was all on him.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JR did you get that PM I sent ya?

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I did, but I forgot to respond to you, until about an hour ago.
Sorry about that.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, it's really time for the team to just move on from this guy and be done with it. Hang onto Cassel for next year's backup unless they can cut him without big loss and improve it, but I'd be all for them cutting Ponder loose right now and making that practice squad guy or someone else Teddy's new backup. I'm tired of going into games with Ponder at QB, now with no AP, basically being a guaranteed ass whooping. If he starts another game for any reason, I'm not watching it. He has officially earned his way off the team. Let the CFL take a look a look at him.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^ I am in complete agreement ^^^^^

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
None of Cassels money next year is guaranteed. There is no dead money if they cut him loose. Depending on what vets are on the free market next year, like maybe one of Norvs old ones from Cleveland for example, at this point they should cut Cassel loose at the end of the year. Ponders contract is up at the end of the year, so they dont even need to cut him. Just hand him a cardboard box for his shit...

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Harnish was cut already, but they still have the Hyphen.
I'm sure they'll let the two walk, and get a veteran in FA next season.
Hopefully Teddy can keep playing at the level he played last. At least then, they'll just be looking for backups.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Teddy back this weekend, eh?

Tom Johnson, the latest casualty.

AP says he didn't do it.

What the hell NFL.

Some of these guys did some pretty shitty things, but I have to admit that regardless, the NFL hasn't been the same for me this year. I can only take so much of the political frenzy before it wears me out. If I want to hear mainstream media style "news", then I'll listen to mainstream media garbage, not the NFL.

On a side note, I'm sick of this whole AP fiasco. What he did was wrong and he went overboard, for sure - but it didn't warrant a complete derailment, and potential end to his career. The domestic violence cases were supposed to get what, 6 game bans the first offense? So far this year, he's missed 4 games as a result of this, only the missed games count for nothing, since instead of Goodell handling it like a big boy and administering the suspension himself right away, he forces the Vikings to give him paid suspension or cut him (playing him wasn't a real choice thanks to PR). I hate the league under the clown that is Goodell.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Teddy back this weekend, eh?

Tom Johnson, the latest casualty.

AP says he didn't do it.

What the hell NFL.

The Tom Johnson situation sounds messed up.